• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Expect Everyone to Like You?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I don’t expect everyone to like me…. I insist upon it…or else :cool:
Of course the real answer is I never gave it much thought actually…so I am guessing it is not that important to me

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
If someone likes a person who is nice, sweet, friendly, a true friend to my friends, witty, loves laughter, but can also lend a sensitive ear to those who need someone to listen to their problems, then everyone should like me...::D

Good to see you, Charity!:)

bandress

Well not exactly to like me because this is kind of impossible thing in this world. In reality there are number of persons around the world which are famous and you can call them the king of media but they disliked by many around us. There is no exact measure but it is a fact it nothing but a useless exception.

I used to hear about tolerance- it seems like a good thing- always has. But people are starting to want more. It isn't enough to have people just tolerate them, they want everyone to accept them- and to be their friend. That is a lovely thought- something in an ideal world. But this world is anything but ideal- people dislike others for any infinite reasons. People who are totally in shape might dislike people who are out of shape and maybe overweight. People might dislike people who are drug addicts and alcoholics and those who used to be addicts dislike people who are still addicts. Some people of religion dislike people of other religion. Some people of one lifestyle might dislike people of another lifestyle. some nasty people dislike super nice people. Some people dislike others "just because".
I was taught as a child that not everyone was going to like me- and not everyone has. I don't lose any sleep on anyone who dislikes me, even if it for a really stupid reason.

There are wars, feuds, etc. all over the world because of things like this and others- and infinite amount of others. Try to be realistic. People have no right to harass others and harm others, but that doesn't mean they can be forced to like others.

We all hope for things to improve with time, however.

Peace and Long Life- Christine. :)
We all do, don't we? It appears, that if I can see this, and not try to explore it, by what I might see as unnecessary interaction on my part, with others, it might help me and others.