• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe that your god or goddess is personal, impersonal, or are you undecided?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I usually prefer the term transpersonal: a divinity within which one can experience on an almost personal level, and an impersonal Absolute and everything.

I'm somewhere between panentheism and panendeism.

Very interesting. I know for certain, that a being is God to me, me being a person. But I see God as being a separate entity. I don't feel, God helps me. He doesn't know I exist, because perhaps, I don't know if he does know I exist.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Both. Saguna (Having qualities) and Nirguna (having no qualities).

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
My God is Love and so is very personal; indeed a relationship with my God can be had only in relationship with other people.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Impersonal, definitely impersonal and unfathomable in all known manners. I would not even bother praying to God honestly

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I find it deeply personal as we're all effected by it, so I wouldn't necessarily call it Deism 101, unless my understanding of Deism is wrong

Deists belief that nature and physical existence is all that is needed to conclude there is a god and understand him.
I thought this is what you were implying with this message. Or was I wrong?

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
100% impersonal.

I still perform rituals and go to puja, because I want to understand God more (I'm considering following Jnana yoga; the path of knowledge). However, I do not think it is loving, ominpotent or omnipresent.

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Personal, impersonal, transpersonal.
Immanent, transcendent.
Knowable, but indescribable.

the way I can answer this one is transcendent means existentialism. existentialism says humans only apprehend and touch the highest power in the manifestations of the modes we see around us or are embedded in. We touch essence in how we direct the modes or how we ride the modes of nature as they flow. We observe that the energy in the modes transcends us and transcends each other but then anchors all existing things as actual. Yeah, "it's" just gonna be a lot of times nonlinked to things a mind might link it to yet stubbornly there it is.