• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe that Baha`u'llah is Jesus Christ?

arthra

Baha'i
Muffled said:
Baha'u'llah can not be a reincarnation of Jesus because there was never a prediction of it in Christianity. When He ascended to heaven the angels said that He would return in like manner (as an adult) and the book of the Relvelation corroborates that prediction.
In addition to that are the words of Jesus to the affect that He would not join the apostles on earth until the Kingdom of God comes on earth.

Thanks for your post Muffled!

When Christians say they expect the Return of Christ I don't think they mean "reincarnation" and neither do the Baha'is. We don't believe in reincarnatiuon. The concept of the Return of Christ is a promise and prophecy and means to us that His Spirit will return not that the the physical body of Jesus will descend on clouds to the earth... I agree some people believe that is literally so but to us we Baha'is believe it should be spiritually understood.

Here is the explanation of Abdul-Baha:

"That this Christ will return in the same way and that He will descend from heaven," is a spiritual address. For when Christ appeared, he came from heaven, although He was outwardly born from the womb of Mary. For He said: "No man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven."
He said: "I came down from heaven and likewise will go to heaven." By "Heaven" is not meant this infinite phenomenal space, but "heaven" signifies the world of the divine kingdom which is the supreme station and seat of the Sun of Truth.

"Tablets of Abdul-Baha Abbas", Vol. 1 (Chicago: Bahá'í Publishing Society), p. 192

BruceDLimber

Greetings, Muff! :)

Muffled said:
Baha'u'llah can not be a reincarnation of Jesus because there was never a prediction of it in Christianity.

You are correct that Baha'u'llah is not a reincarnation, but that's becaue reincarnation doesn't exist, as the Baha'i scriptures explain (please see 'Abdu'l-Baha's Some Answered Qeustions) for the details!

But as to the existence of a prophecy of anothere to come, certainly there was such a prediction! (In fact, there were many, but let's look at just one that Christ made.)

Jesus said He had more to tell us but that we weren't ready, so He promised to send the Spirit of Truth to lead us to All Truth!

And we Baha'is see our Founder, Baha'u'llah, as the spiritual Return of the Christ Spirit with the new name the Bible promises!

And as to the coming of the Kingdom, this is exactly what Baha'u'llah proclaims has now happened! :)

Best,

Bruce

andyjamal

servant
Ophiuchus said:
i do not believe that Christ would leave his people behind.

It is for this very reason that many people look to Baha'u'llah as possibly being Christ's return. For, it is obvious that the world is currently in need of His divine healing, and it would seem that only a renewed dispensation of Christ's healing message, ushered in by His return, will suffice to deal adequately with the ills of the modern world.

Cosmos

Baha'u'llah fulfills prophecy from every world religion in history, including native/indigenous prophecies, outlined specifically in the Old Testament Book of Daniel. Therein lies the specific timeline for the fulfillment of events according to the Prophets of God, which is the 2300 days of years. Jesus Christ Himself gave the interpretation (i.e. the Prophetic or Golden Criteria) we are to utilize to discover the proofs for the Bab and Baha'u'llah.