• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in the afterlife?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My question is do you believe in the afterlife?

My body is temporary. I'm an immortal being having a human experience. I existed before I was born and will continue on after death. So no, I don't believe in an afterlife as mainstream Christianity teaches it.

A second question is their judgement going into your afterlife that you believe in?

There is no judgment. Only karma. Collected and purged over many lifetimes. It's my understanding that most beings are here because of their karmic account.

MatthewA

My body is temporary. I'm an immortal being having a human experience. I existed before I was born and will continue on after death.

There is no judgment. Only karma. Collected and purged over many lifetimes. It's my understanding that most beings are here because of their karmic account.

okay no judgement in your belief what does that mean just Karma comes on a person on earth and then in the afterlife? What does that mean for them?

MatthewA

My body is temporary. I'm an immortal being having a human experience. I existed before I was born and will continue on after death. So no, I don't believe in an afterlife as mainstream Christianity teaches it.

Are you saying your a Immortal being like God in an temporary body?

What does that mean?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
From my understanding of Meher Baba's discourses,
once the soul evolves into human form after millions of earlier forms, it reincarnates for a long long time going to the astral plane for a past life review between lives.

When the lower ego is dissolved during a life in a physical body, the soul journeys to other realms between lives since the purpose of an astral review has been satisfied while in the body.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Is there anyway you can simplify for me what you are saying?

What do you mean by that?

Yes. You were already dead until the day arrived when you were born and the lights came on.

It essentially makes this life an afterlife because you were factually not alive prior to this particular life, to which this is what you awoke to.

MatthewA

From my understanding of Meher Baba's discourses,
once the soul evolves into human form after millions of earlier forms, it reincarnates for a long long time going to the astral plane for a past life review between lives.

When the lower ego is dissolved during a life in a physical body, the soul journeys to other realms between lives since the purpose of an astral review has been satisfied while in the body.

What are the other realms for souls to travel to? Like is there something different than just having one place to Go?

MatthewA

Yes. You were already dead until the day arrived when you were born and the lights came on.

It essentially makes this life an afterlife because you were factually not alive prior to this particular life, to which this is what you awoke to.

You know in the Christian sense I can get this because all people are spiritually dead in Christianity until they are reborn again by the spirit given by God. (John 3).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
EDIT
I'll get back to the other.

One more question

Is there judgement that comes when going to afterlife?

In my belief system we are judged; based on our faith and love; some people don’t believe in Christianity form of afterlife which involves being judged at the end of life here.

What about in your religion? Is there a judgement too?

No. You are responsible for your own actions though. For example, if I killed someone, of course I would go to jail--that's the consequence of my actions dictated by someone else-the law. However, it goes beyond that. I took a life-so that action "sent out in the universe" affects other people-that person's loved ones, for example. It affects them, the environment, and it affects me simultaneously.

So even if I get out of jail, that "soul imprint" is left there. I'm already "judged (not an appropriate word)" as soon as I acted. I would go into a state of anxiety if I knew all my bad actions were accruing debt and awaiting for the debt collector. Charge me a fee now. I'll make a payment plan and reorganize my finances to save instead. ;)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Not a specific kind of afterlife. It could be this or that or another thing.

It could be anything either wonderful or horrifying. A favorite idea is that we relive our same lives over and over with tiny dejavu hints, each time changing just a tiny bit to improve our decisions...like in a certain Steven King book. I like this one because it borrows a little from relativity, a little from time travel and a little from entanglement. Its pseudoscientific.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Is there anyway you can simplify for me what you are saying?

What do you mean by that?

Haha. Sorry. Carried away I guess.

Everyone (and everything) is the ocean/life.

Our actions are waves. When we commit an act good or bad, they are the currents receding and expanding (lbw). The waves (our actions) are not separate than the ocean (life); they make it up. Everything affects each other-one ocean/one life. There is no life and death because the ocean doesn't disappear. It's in constant motion. In other words, when I die, life goes on.

As for the afterlife, I don't believe in that in the common sense of the term. My physical body will no longer be here, but my actions, the waves, will always exist as the ocean/life. Whether people remember me or not, I don't know. They usually tend to remember the prophets and Mother Teressa.

After-life isn't a good word for it, to tell you honestly.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Question: Why did Jesus resurrect Lazarus? Where do you think Lazarus was, the four days he was dead?

Hint: John 5:28-29.....the dead will “come out” of where?

Where did God tell Adam he would go at his death?

Take care, my cousin!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
To answer the question of your Thread title:

Yes, at a future time. It coincides with “the appointed time” @ Revelation 11:18.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What are the other realms for souls to travel to? Like is there something different than just having one place to Go?

Perhaps this is a rough way of putting it using the Christian statement of Karma from the Bible. Those who sow, must reap what they've sown. Those who no longer sow have nothing to reap and are on their way to being perfect as the "Father" is perfect.

These very few souls who have lost their lower selves and no longer sow, thus begin to have real communion with divinity while they have a physical body. They continue with that communion after they leave the physical body until they're needed again on Earth to continue their work.

Rabia of Basra did not state it that way, but said what to me is in the same ballpark:
"If I adore You out of fear of Hell, burn me in Hell!
If I adore you out of desire for Paradise,
Lock me out of Paradise.
But if I adore you for Yourself alone,
Do not deny to me Your eternal beauty.”

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
As a person who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ: his life here on earth, death, burial, and resurrection and that Jesus is the way, the truth, the life and no one comes to that Father except by and through Christ Jesus.

Romans 1: 16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.

Romans 1:16 for I am not ashamed of the good news of the Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation to every one who is believing, both to Jew first, and to Greek.

I’m banking on the idea by faith of hopes of the resurrection by God after dying from this life here on earth. I can not prove that the afterlife exists but am banking on going their by and through faith on the Lord Jesus Christ by my willingly choice to have faith and believe.

My understanding of the afterlife is that all people are given spiritual bodies and go on as believers to be with God and the Lord Jesus Christ... I don’t really know what happens to unbelievers other than they are given a spiritual body and are free to roam outside of the kingdom of heaven according to the Revelation 22.

My question is do you believe in the afterlife?
A second question is their judgement going into your afterlife that you believe in?

There is judgement within the context of the Bible for all people after this life.

Yes to an afterlife. No to judgment. That's what karma is for, in my view.