• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in hell? If so, what would it be like?

AlphaAlex115

Yes...I do.
what is happening in Israel is a Hell on Earth.
The issue is that when these people filled with hatred die, they will be trapped in that Hell. Hell that they have created themselves.

So you believe that Israel is literally hell or was that metaphoric?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Care to explain a little more?

Of course. My personal and humble vision of the afterlife is very simple.
When we die, we enter our soul, our heart, our mind...whatever it is.
And we remain there for eternity.
so I guess that it is better for us to love and not to hate, because our heart can become either a hellish or a heavenly place.

Rapha

Because the "sightings" always have a logical explanation. . Or it's just simply a hoax.
Exactly. Truth is logic. So if ghosts exist and have been seen by family members then the logical answer is that mortals are seeing their family spirits.

If every event is a hoax, then that is into the millions of hoaxes.

What about the OUIJA Boards where people accidentally summon demons into their houses or cannot get rid of the summoned demons ?

AlphaAlex115

Exactly. Truth is logic. So if ghosts exist and have been seen by family members then the logical answer is that mortals are seeing their family spirits.

If every event is a hoax, then that is into the millions of hoaxes.

What about the OUIJA Boards where people accidentally summon demons into their houses or cannot get rid of the summoned demons ?

I hate to be insulting but you've been watching too many movies-?#!!

Rapha

I hate to be insulting but you've been watching too many movies-?#!!

In that case, if the majority of this planet are like you, then when demons, djinns, giants and other nephil spirits become visible to the naked eye; this entire World is going to crap itself.

You know, its going to be quite a laugh watching it all happen. Especially when humans have to deal with 12-15ft giants walking down the street next to them.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
so I guess that it is better for us to love and not to hate, because our heart can become either a hellish or a heavenly place.

That is a good way of viewing it. :)

When you die, the true contents of your heart will be revealed to you and become your reality. So, in a way, Heaven and hell are of our own making.

AlphaAlex115

In that case, if the majority of this planet are like you, then when demons, djinns, giants and other nephil spirits become visible to the naked eye; this entire World is going to crap itself.

You know, its going to be quite a laugh watching it all happen. Especially when humans have to deal with 12-15ft giants walking down the street next to them.

Well it's certainly a relief to realise you're trolling.. lol giants. Grasping at straws. .. it's pitiful.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Hell, no. Hel, yes.

What's it like? Beats me. Even the Gods don't rightly know. But everyone goes there eventually.

ametist

Personally I don't believe in hell. The absurdity that evil souls are to burn in the mines of sulphur with the devil thrusting a stick up your butt for all eternity is surreal but also unjust and slightly overkill. There are other slightly more pleasant beliefs as to what hell is all about - please by all means share your essential opinions and views here.

:) Is life as pleasant as we can imagine or we would like life to be? Or do we even understand how physics laws are reconciled with each other to give us this physical reality that we know? Why afterlife should be different? Why it should be totally pleasant and how can we expect hell's neccesity to be understood easily in perspective to the rest of the creation?
I believe in hell.i think it will be painful.
If you live your humanity connected too much into your physical body and attached to material reality more than needed, it will sure be a physical pain. Because thats the kind of pain you know.
Hell is the first pain you ever felt. when you experience anything bigger than it, it becomes hell for you. Imagine the toughest pain you felt ever, hell is what you will call when you experience something bigger than that pain.
Errm..If you remember a spiritual pain or longing as your greatest pain? well i am not sure about how it is gonna turn out :)

Erebus

An interesting thought. Do you mind describing how you believe this will manifest? For example, would you have a physical (for want of a better word) afterlife in which the landscape reflects your soul?

For the OP:
Personally I'm agnostic about an afterlife, I don't believe we can know until we're dead. I don't believe in the fiery Hell or beautiful paradise some people talk about though, it just sounds too much like a human invention to me.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
An interesting thought. Do you mind describing how you believe this will manifest? For example, would you have a physical (for want of a better word) afterlife in which the landscape reflects your soul?

well...as for the "landscape", I guess that your mind (and your memories) will construct a place that you will recognize. Even a place based upon your human experience. By the way, given that there are no limits of space or time, you will be able to meet anyone. Anyone experiments your same condition

Last edited:

Erebus

well...as for the "landscape", I guess that your mind (and your memories) will construct a place that you will recognize. Even a place based upon your human experience. By the way, given that there are no limits of space or time, you will be able to meet anyone. Anyone experiments your same condition

Ok gotcha. Cheers for the answer :)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Personally I don't believe in hell. The absurdity that evil souls are to burn in the mines of sulphur with the devil thrusting a stick up your butt for all eternity is surreal but also unjust and slightly overkill. There are other slightly more pleasant beliefs as to what hell is all about - please by all means share your essential opinions and views here.

I see life on Earth as hell. A life of eternal suffering as Eastern philosophies might say. Hell, you get used to it. Eternal suffering, might even start to see it as happiness or material fulfillment.

If there exists some hell all of the evil-doers get banish to when they die, having spent a lifetime on earth, I suspect they'll find Hell to be quite tolerable, Another day in paradise...

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If there exists some hell all of the evil-doers get banish to when they die, having spent a lifetime on earth, I suspect they'll find Hell to be quite tolerable, Another day in paradise...

well..Evil-doers will have all the eternity to meditate upon what they did and who they were. And what they became.
The thought of having hurt so many people is like a hammer that hits your cranium restlessly. If that's not Hell...what is it?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
well..Evil-doers will have all the eternity to meditate upon what they did and who they were. And what they became.
The thought of having hurt so many people is like a hammer that hits your cranium restlessly. If that's not Hell...what is it?

There's plenty of people who don't care about others, either through poor experience or some kind of sociopathic condition. Such people would actually find Heaven eternal torture.

Hm... that would be an interesting way of looking at the Christian hell/heaven dichotomy. Both go to the same place, the realm of God; for good people, that's a place of wonder and happiness, but bad people find nothing but suffering and torture there. Internet personalities that portray cynicism oftentimes will communicate a strong dislike of happiness in other people, which is certainly a joke in that case, but is likely something real people actually feel in some cases. It would be an interesting concept to explore in some kind of parody.

Granted, this could come from my Asatruar beliefs: the Goddess Hel has two forms: that of the most beautiful woman conceivable, and that of the most hideous form that could be conceived. A dying person will get the beautiful form if death is not feared, but will get the hideous form if death is feared.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There's plenty of people who don't care about others, either through poor experience or some kind of sociopathic condition. Such people would actually find Heaven eternal torture.

yes...you are absolutely right. By the way, all those stories that depict Hell as a dark place full of fire, full of punishments and physical pain...well they are pure fantasy.

Hell is made up of our human experience, and our actions, so nobody experiences in life hellfire or something like that.
It can look like a place we can recognize, because it makes sense to us. we can understand that.
so for example...Hell for a person can be like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw9bpuJRoyU