• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do wijji boards work?

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
It's your subconscious. Just like when you're writing something down, but paying attention to something else. Amazing how your mind can perform so many tasks, and trick your conscious self. :)

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Prima said:
I haven't known Satan to show up just because of a board, he has more important things to do. But know that if he does, he's probably gonna be ticked off.:)
Damn straight.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
GeneCosta said:
It's your subconscious. Just like when you're writing something down, but paying attention to something else. Amazing how your mind can perform so many tasks, and trick your conscious self. :)
Yes , I believe that it is your subconscious . We only use a small part of our brains , in any way that we can tell . So perhaps they do work for those who believe , and the minds of those who don't believe are tricking them into disbelief ?

Crystallas

Spirits can communicate, doesnt mean they do, and doesnt mean ouiji boards are like the internet for dead people and its the method of choice. But Im no disbeliever in certain stories. Innocent until proven guilty... right? :)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If you really want to communicate with spirits, please show respect to the spirits and don't use something that degrades them to a mere game. My theory on why there are so many irate spirit stories related to the ouiji board is because there more than ticked that they are being treated as game pieces. Many spirits were living humans once, and are still subject to many human emotions. The best way to communicate with spirits is to approach them with truthful intents. I recommend Konstantinos' book Speak With The Dead - 7 Methods of Communication. This book gives 7 different methods of recording spiritual communication using white noise.
But please remember, show the spirits the same amount of respect you would expect if someone requested your presence.

Prima

In my mind, the biggest problem is that there are so many variables. The typical person can't tell whether it's a spirit or the subconcious, can't tell whether their board is going to work well, can't tell what kind of spirit they might run into...

Again, it just seems to me that it's asking for trouble.

I myself also wouldn't use one because my subconcious and I have a rather uneasy relationship :D

SpiritElf

Prima, I thought about that too, wondering if it was just my subconscious or a spirit.
I do believe that spirits exist though, and it's possible they do want to cause harm, so if it's just a game, it's a risky little game.
I agree with you. It's just asking for trouble. Why leave yourself open to be manipulated by spirits? Do people who use those boards actually think they can control the spirits that come through them?
So risky.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Luke Wolf said:
If you really want to communicate with spirits, please show respect to the spirits and don't use something that degrades them to a mere game.
As a tool , the board is only a game if you make it such . A hammer can be a toy .

Prima : " In my mind, the biggest problem is that there are so many variables. The typical person can't tell whether it's a spirit or the subconcious, "

Perhaps they are one and the same ? I understand your problem there Prima , as I have been going over that possibility for some time now . I'm begining to think that perhaps it doesn't much matter ???

I bought a ouija board when I was 12, and it did work, but for some reason the spirits kept spelling out the word "sucker" over and over again.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Just a curious question; what possible benfits would they have if it DID work the way you wished?

Resurecting Marilyn Monroe does not count.

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
I don't want anything to do with the spirit world. I refuse to use the ouija, go to a medium or anyything of that kind. I really don't want a spirit to get too "attached" to me. Really, It freaks me out.

I'd rather stick to my Astrology, thank you very much...