• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we Realize Isaiah 13:10 Prophesied Betelgeuse Will go Supernova?

Do you accept Judgement Day is soon?

• Yes

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Other...?

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

sooda

Veteran Member
Thanks for the review.

And I don't mind admitting that I am incorrect in interpreting the materials, but I remain convinced, at this time, that these two modern day decrees of 1535 and 1969 were intended to point at something relating to the coming of the Son of Man.

I can't envision, at this time, how this corona virus situation fits in with the Biblical eschatological narrative, if at all. But even as an aside to the Betelgeuse issue, I'm still watching it. Every 14 days the asymptomatic amoungst us incubate a new and deleterious number.

Another example would be the volcano in the Philippines. There are always volcanoes erupting. That would never prove to become an apocalyptic event unless dozens of big ones went off all at once.

But if closing down China, because of a new virus outbreak, were to cause a black swan economic event, that in itself might prove to become the catalyst for the end times where the man of sin will be revealed.

To be honest, I've taken a financial bet against my own theory. I bought some depressed oil stocks on the recent market downturn, betting on a rebound.

If the corona virus turns into a nothing burger, the Saudis should step back in, cut production, lend support back to the WTI price, and the oil shares will rebound.

But if this virus business is the stuff of the end of days, WTI may at some point go limit down, my oil companies will go BK, demand will be destroyed and I will call out to the rocks and to the mountains: "fall on me and hide me from the wrath of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb.

So spooky times they are.

China markets open up again tonight.

For the YEAR of the Rat.

Apocalyptic.

Apocalypse

"Apocalypse" (ἀποκάλυψις) is a Greek word meaning "revelation", "an unveiling or unfolding of things not previously known and which could not be known apart from the unveiling".

.​

Isaiah 13:10 is a prophecy against BABYLON.

Isaiah 13 (NIV) - A prophecy against Babylon that
https://www.blueletterbible.org/niv/isaiah/13
Babylon, the jewel of kingdoms, the pride and glory of the Babylonians, will be overthrown by God like Sodom and Gomorrah. Isa 13:20 She will never be inhabited or lived in through all generations; there no nomads will pitch their tents, there no shepherds will rest their flocks.

Dave Watchman

You're still doing it. Rationalizing how today's headlines might become something catastrophic. Which you can do any month, of any year, about something going on in the world.

This one looks a bit more on the spooky side.

The past couple days, I've seen some things over on GLP, twitter video from China, Ive never seen anything like it. Except in the movies. And then twitter deletes them in a matter of hours.

And watching the way that the CCP reacts to it, it's like they know they've got a problem. Something more serious. Something out of the ordinary.

And actually, the things are too spooky to post. I got into trouble before when I posted the twitter picture of the terrorist's torso on the tarmac.

But it shouldn't be too much more time before we know.

Let time be the interpreter.

In all likelihood, you're going to keep doing it, no matter what happens. As so many people who make false prophecies do.

About that, you ARE right Francoise. I'm not disappointed now, like the Millerite movement was at their great disappointment.

I'm so certain that we're within the actual prophetic time period, I think something could happen at any second.

Dave Watchman

Isaiah 13:10 is a prophecy against BABYLON.

Isaiah 13 (NIV) - A prophecy against Babylon that
https://www.blueletterbible.org/niv/isaiah/13
Babylon, the jewel of kingdoms, the pride and glory of the Babylonians, will be overthrown by God like Sodom and Gomorrah. Isa 13:20 She will never be inhabited or lived in through all generations; there no nomads will pitch their tents, there no shepherds will rest their flocks.

Yes it is.

And Babylon is now.

The composite beast has opened it's mouth to blaspheme God and His dwelling place and those who live in Heaven.

I count five types of Bible Prophecy

Each of the different types have a different writing style or architecture.

1. Local Prophecy.
  2. Messianic Prophecy.
  3. Day of the Lord Prophecy.
  4. Judaic Prophecy.
  5. Apocalyptic Prophecy.

Local Prophecy was like the angel visiting Sodom, or Jonah going to Nineveh. It really was specific to that time and that place.

Messianic Prophecy might have to do with the first advent, or the second coming.

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish? - Psalm 22​

Judaic Prophecy had to do with the covenant between God and the ancient nation of Israel.

Apocalyptic Prophecy, like in Daniel and Revelation, generally have a beginning point in time, and an ending point in time. They stick to a close chronology. When chronological order is broken, a new prophecy begins.

Day of the Lord Prophecy, like Isaiah 13, are different. They often operate outside of the boundary of time. In a Day of the Lord Prophecy, the Prophet can start at an ancient Day of the Lord event, and then seems to peer down through the millennia of time to the ultimate and final Day of the Lord, then conclude back at the ancient event in time.

Here in Isaiah 13, at verse 9, the prophet shifts from ancient times, to the whole world and all of mankind.

Behold, the day of the LORD comes,
cruel, with wrath and fierce anger,
to make the land a desolation
and to destroy its sinners from it.

For the stars of the heavens and their constellations
will not give their light;
the sun will be dark at its rising,
and the moon will not shed its light.

I will punish the world for its evil,
and the wicked for their iniquity;
I will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant,
and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless.

I will make people more rare than fine gold,
and mankind than the gold of Ophir.​

Therefore I will make the heavens tremble,
and the earth will be shaken out of its place,
at the wrath of the LORD of hosts
in the day of his fierce anger.
All end times, all too spooky.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
As far as I understand based on prophecy, as Armageddon kicks off in Zechariah 14, we will see the supernova as a second sun in Zechariah 14:7.

Betelgeuse just had a major burp, which I would say are imminent signs of its collapse:

'Astronomers have analyzed data from the Hubble Space Telescope and other observatories, and they believe the star experienced a titanic surface mass ejection, losing a substantial part of its visible surface.' - Betelgeuse star had an unprecedented massive eruption - CNN

Next we might get gravitational waves from the Orion constellation, as we did in early 2020 after its last burp, and dimming.

In my opinion. :innocent:

PruePhillip

Next we might get gravitational waves from the Orion constellation, as we did in early 2020 after its last burp, and dimming.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Yes, I hate those gravity waves tossing me about - one part of me gets stretched more than other parts.