• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we like people listening to us?

jasonwill2

Would you please explain how anarchism and fascism can mix at all? Can you also please not give me the credit for the LHP being based on the foundation of individuality? I'm flattered, but that was not me or my definition.

I don't think they can mix, but the ONA does, and maybe or maybe not that could be important to the topic I had, but the topic was specifically about The Black Book of Satan first and foremost, not the other things the ONA may or may not believe, may or may not do, or what they may or may not condone. I wanted to read the Black Book of Satan and wanted to be prepared for what the good or bad parts might be, I wanted to get any disappointments or shocks out of the way first. Basically like reading a book review before reading the book.

Infidelriot, I am not a Satanist and this is just how Jason and I show our love for each other, right Jason? <3

Wrong, I really don't like you about half the time. I don't see this as a way of bonding, but a way of division how this is gone about. There are more constructive ways and more appropriate places to do this.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Wrong, I really don't like you about half the time. I don't see this as a way of bonding, but a way of division how this is gone about. There are more constructive ways and more appropriate places to do this.

There is no better way to learn than being challenged, and no better place than on the internet because having such conversations is much harder in real life. While I truly have little respect for you and was trying to be mature here, I think that our DIR's random homosexual love fests are necessary to keeping the peace. Much like there is a difference between being "two-faced" and simply being a mature adult who doesn't need people to know they think low of them. I thought we all had that ability, but being wrong is how we learn.

jasonwill2

There is no better way to learn than being challenged, and no better place than on the internet because having such conversations is much harder in real life. While I truly have little respect for you and was trying to be mature here, I think that our DIR's random homosexual love fests are necessary to keeping the peace. Much like there is a difference between being "two-faced" and simply being a mature adult who doesn't need people to know they think low of them. I thought we all had that ability, but being wrong is how we learn.

If you want to debate, put something in the debates section, the rules are against debate in the DIR's. My point is that I don't appreciate how overly-confrontational you tend to be in the LHP DIR, and I find it more of a headache then healthy debate with the understanding of an underlying respect for the opponent, as how you apparently want to present it (those are not your words, but basically how I I feel you tried to present it as).

I'm sorry, but I do trust in humanity enough to think that this can go anywhere after this point but downhill. I don't think I can say much more on the subject without throwing fuel on a fire.

Premium Member
I wouldn't say for no reason. And I do not consider questioning, provoking though, defending a position, etc to be hostile or at least not for no reason. As has been pointed out, this DIR should be expected to be more prone to hostility, but we are pretty good about it. The strange humor helps keep things cool, even though I must admit I found Iti's original loving misplaced at first. But my friends use the same tactics, things get too heated and someone makes a penis joke.

InfidelRiot

Okay, I am confused about one thing. I have seen the initials, but I do not know what they mean. For what does DIR stand?

Premium Member
If you want to debate, put something in the debates section, the rules are against debate in the DIR's. My point is that I don't appreciate how overly-confrontational you tend to be in the LHP DIR, and I find it more of a headache then healthy debate with the understanding of an underlying respect for the opponent, as how you apparently want to present it (those are not your words, but basically how I I feel you tried to present it as).

I'm sorry, but I do trust in humanity enough to think that this can go anywhere after this point but downhill. I don't think I can say much more on the subject without throwing fuel on a fire.

What exactly am I debating? To be honest, the LHP is not where one should go to avoid confrontation and adversarial thought. I don't think you must respect an opponent necessarily, but having some level of general respect is important to getting anywhere in discussion and debate. There is no fire to throw fuel on, I am not upset or put off here. To be honest, I am not even sure what "subject" we are discussing. You mean the idea of respect and maturity?

jasonwill2

Discuss Individual Religion

But at that if you are not a member of said religion, you are only allowed to ask respectful questions.

So for example I can't discuss Christianity in the Christian DIR, I can only ask questions. If i want to debate Christianity I go to the debates. And if i want to discuss but not debate Christianity, i go to comparative religion.

Same with all the other DIR's.

Premium Member
But at that if you are not a member of said religion, you are only allowed to ask respectful questions.

So for example I can't discuss Christianity in the Christian DIR, I can only ask questions. If i want to debate Christianity I go to the debates. And if i want to discuss but not debate Christianity, i go to comparative religion.

Same with all the other DIR's.

Hmm, I have a thought here though. If I go into the Christian DIR where someone has posted something factually inaccurate and correct it, is that a violation of the DIR rules?

InfidelRiot

It also explains why in regular debate most people are fond of asking questions rather than posting what they think.

jasonwill2

What exactly am I debating? To be honest, the LHP is not where one should go to avoid confrontation and adversarial thought. I don't think you must respect an opponent necessarily, but having some level of general respect is important to getting anywhere in discussion and debate. There is no fire to throw fuel on, I am not upset or put off here. To be honest, I am not even sure what "subject" we are discussing. You mean the idea of respect and maturity?

If you really must know, it is your general attitude and lack of respect while being in another's den, that den being the site, and the lack of respect being for the rules. Why should I not expect a laid-back discussion in a DIR? Should I always want to jump into a raging inferno? That is what the debates are for. If I want confrontation, it goes there, not here where I should feel a cool discussion.

After all, you don't put socks in the same drawer with your shirts, do you? I don't like finding socks where I think my shirts are. A life full of only socks and no shirts is quite a headache.

Premium Member
If you really must know, it is your general attitude and lack of respect while being in another's den, that den being the site, and the lack of respect being for the rules. Why should I not expect a laid-back discussion in a DIR? Should I always want to jump into a raging inferno? That is what the debates are for. If I want confrontation, it goes there, not here where I should feel a cool discussion.

After all, you don't put socks in the same drawer with your shirts, do you? I don't like finding socks where I think my shirts are. A life full of only socks and no shirts is quite a headache.

I try to follow the forum rules, and when I violate them I am either messaged by an Admin or given in infraction. I do not complain unless it seems unfair, but that actually has not happened here I do not think. Things are bound to get out of control here and there. If you want to start a thread where no questioning or anything is allowed, I think it is wise to state it in the OP. Sadly, many people do not stick to such things in the OP haha. There is no reason discussion cannot be "heated", that is proved over and over again.

As for socks and shirts, socks end up in my shirt drawer often and it really doesn't bother me much.

jasonwill2

I try to follow the forum rules, and when I violate them I am either messaged by an Admin or given in infraction. I do not complain unless it seems unfair, but that actually has not happened here I do not think. Things are bound to get out of control here and there. If you want to start a thread where no questioning or anything is allowed, I think it is wise to state it in the OP. Sadly, many people do not stick to such things in the OP haha. There is no reason discussion cannot be "heated", that is proved over and over again.

As for socks and shirts, socks end up in my shirt drawer often and it really doesn't bother me much.

socks = stress (which can be good stress but not when you dont want it just as the same as the "stress" of running a marathon)

Shirt = relaxed

It's not a matter of one being bad, it's matter of where and when it belongs.

Premium Member
socks = stress (which can be good stress but not when you dont want it just as the same as the "stress" of running a marathon)

Shirt = relaxed

It's not a matter of one being bad, it's matter of where and when it belongs.

Haha, on a side note that is a very interesting analogy. Any specific reason for using socks and shirts in a drawer?

Premium Member
Because I never have enough space to separate them, or I can't find a pair of socks when I need them and I only run into them when I'm not putting on shoes.

Haha yeah, I have issues with my socks as well. I lose my shoes quite often too though, the whole thing is a hassle. I should get flip flops...

ScottySatan

If I thought it would accomplish anything, I would have a lot to say about forum rules and about flagging posts. Something about how they amount to a waste of life. Something about how forums are taken very seriously as though it were a real community and the rules are the law. Yet some of the rules governing speech on the forum would be unthinkable to apply in the real world, even in a place like China. Then I'd finish the post by observing how funny it is that some of these little dictators (present company excluded, of course) think they have any power over us whatsoever. I'd be tempted to write "lol" in that part, which I never do.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
If I thought it would accomplish anything, I would have a lot to say about forum rules and about flagging posts. Something about how they amount to a waste of life. Something about how forums are taken very seriously as though it were a real community and the rules are the law. Yet some of the rules governing speech on the forum would be unthinkable to apply in the real world, even in a place like China. Then I'd finish the post by observing how funny it is that some of these little dictators (present company excluded, of course) think they have any power over us whatsoever. I'd be tempted to write "lol" in that part, which I never do.
I would add sevral lol to a post like that. and to be honest i know want to read the thread you described. pm me?