• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we like people listening to us?

Orias

Left Hand Path
Or do we have to spew a bunch of flipping nonsense so the mods close down threads saying "for usual reasons", its pathetic damn it.

Keep your mind open, like we have been preaching, and make jokes about the real jokes, not people that are genuinely trying to discover something. This isn't your friggen "DIR", its for EVERYONE (who posts reasonably and within the rules), if you don't like then pull your thumb out of your bum and check the temperature. If you find yourself spewing criticisms only meant to be understood by you then damn it shut the hell up and understand the meaning of "TWO WAY" street, I shouldn't have to see "I'm reporting you, because you hurt my feelings" and "this is a joke because it was created to deceive people", no f-ing ****, let those who want to be deceived be deceived, we aren't here to deceive others and we surely aren't here so we can deceive ourselves!

Outrageous, these people weren't even given a chance to reply in their own thread before this mob of ours decimated it. Mods checks these DIRS regularly, there is no need for "reporting", its not like they are holding a damn gun to our head or they are trying to sell us a vacuum cleaner!

Gah!

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
There is a difference between seeking knowledge and violating the forum DIR rules. It does not matter what you think, we are guests in a forum run by others, and if you are not mature enough to respect their rules you shouldn't be here in the first place. The Mods saying "closed for usual reasons" shouldn't bother you, they are probably as annoyed as the people actually trying to get somewhere knowledge wise. I understand that the DIR's are open for everyone to come in question, it is one of the reasons I love this forum. However, if you went to the Christian DIR and started straw maning them, trolling them, derailing their threads, telling them that they are doing it wrong, I would hope that they would report you. Put that stuff in the general forums. What happened in the Luciferian DIR was ridiculous, and I am glad it is dealt with although I wish the thread didn't have to be completely closed. Perhaps we simply have more self respect there then elsewhere in the forums, but I wasn't going to put up with that nonsense any longer. Besides that, the staff asked to report further violations, and as a guest in their forums, bound to their rules, I respectfully cooperated. I have no problem cutting out the tumors of ignorance.

InfidelRiot

I created this account in December 2011, but I only recently came back a few days ago because in the beginning I got into trouble by a mod for posting something that someone else found offensive. I figured if the mods were going to be that uptight about it, there was no reason for me to be here. Ignorant fundamentalists tend to get under my skin, and I honestly believe I should not have to politely respond to their rubbish.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I understand, buts its different when we are in the wrong as well.

Reporting does no good to anyone, if the reporter and reportee are in the wrong, in this case both sides were.

And there is a difference between seeking knowledge and violating DIR rules, sure, but it doesn't exclude those who violate the DIR rules while trying to seek knowledge. I couldn't help but notice this, then say it. The threads were derailed not because of people that were asking questions, but because of people that acted like they owned the DIR and then continued to bash a concept that is relevant to the OP, it was just stupid.

You want to talk about maturity and taking responsibility for one's actions, then there doesn't need to be "I'm going to report you", last time I heard that was in elementary school. You wanna do good for the forum, become a mod or shut your damn mouth and share knowledge instead of being offended by every little violation that everyone makes.

Premium Member
What's LaVey's rule? "When in another's lair, show respect or do not go there"? Good rule, which applies both to the owners of a DIR as well as this forum as a whole. Much like the laws of our country, the law is not going to care how you feel about their rules, if you break them you are going to suffer the consequences. A great example would be marijuana. Does it seem a silly thing to be illegal? Personally I think so. However, if I were to smoke marijuana I would do so knowing that it is illegal, and if caught I deserve their ridiculous punishments.

Orias

Left Hand Path
You said already we are guests to this forum, so whats your point?

By our "domain" its what we rightfully know and rightfully own, 8/10 times were not talking about literal territory.

Premium Member

You want to talk about maturity and taking responsibility for one's actions, then there doesn't need to be "I'm going to report you", last time I heard that was in elementary school. You wanna do good for the forum, become a mod or shut your damn mouth and share knowledge instead of being offended by every little violation that everyone makes.

Really? Well here in the real world I have a friend who was assaulted and called the police on the guy. I guess he's just a tattle tail, maybe we should give him an atomic wedgie. I was not offended by some little violation, I was annoyed by repeated ones that kept anything from ever being accomplished.

InfidelRiot

Comparing marijuna laws to forum rules is ridiculous. In a sense, the strict rules of this site are a restriction against freedom of speech. Sure, one's message can be conveyed in a polite civil manner, but sometimes ignorant people need to hear harsh language.

Orias

Left Hand Path
This is stupid, do you read anything I say?

Where I said "its not like they're holding a gun to our head or trying to sell us a vacuum cleaner".

Who cares what your "real life friend" went through, I've been through the same and gone through worse, but it doesn't matter because thats not what I'm talking about!!!

Premium Member
Comparing marijuna laws to forum rules is ridiculous. In a sense, the strict rules of this site are a restriction against freedom of speech. Sure, one's message can be conveyed in a polite civil manner, but sometimes ignorant people need to hear harsh language.

I'm not comparing the forum rules to marijuana use, I am simply speaking about following the rules. Just as you get jail time or fines for violating state laws, you get threads closed and such for forum violations. Rules are rules and work the same no matter what the scale. It is an analogy

a·nal·o·gy/əˈnaləjē/

Noun:
  • A comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
  • A correspondence or partial similarity.

Premium Member
We have discussed this topic in different ways especially in this LHP DIR. I do not disagree that we have free speech and that the rules can be a hindrance sometimes. However, they are still the rules and how you feel about them isn't going to save you from the consequences of violating those rules. This works here on the forum, in school, at work, in real life in general.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Doors and Orias, I think you both have answered the question of this thread, do we really want others to listen to us if all we do is argue this or that with one another? Again, I say, I personally am surprised that we all get along as well as we do given the extreme individualism of the LHP.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Ironically it is our individuality which has somehow brought us here together. I think we get along because we realise off the bat that we're not going to agree on everything. Disputes happen, but it shouldn't have turned into what it did.

Premium Member
Doors and Orias, I think you both have answered the question of this thread, do we really want others to listen to us if all we do is argue this or that with one another? Again, I say, I personally am surprised that we all get along as well as we do given the extreme individualism of the LHP.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

I agree that it is surprising. One thing that seems to help is we leave certain issues in their thread. For example, Orias and I seem to go at it a lot, but no matter how heated it gets none of that exists in the next thread we meet in. I think it shows a type of maturity in all belonging to this DIR.

Premium Member
Ironically it is our individuality which has somehow brought us here together. I think we get along because we realise off the bat that we're not going to agree on everything. Disputes happen, but it shouldn't have turned into what it did.

Agreed here too. What happened in the Luciferian DIR was unlike anything I've seen on the forum. Absolute chaos. Was it a full moon?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I agree that it is surprising. One thing that seems to help is we leave certain issues in their thread. For example, Orias and I seem to go at it a lot, but no matter how heated it gets none of that exists in the next thread we meet in. I think it shows a type of maturity in all belonging to this DIR.

Well, it does make it interesting, even you and I Doors disagree about as much as we agree on any certain topic. ;) But I still love ya Brotha!

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

Premium Member
Well, it does make it interesting, even you and I Doors disagree about as much as we agree on any certain topic. ;) But I still love ya Brotha!

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

Haha I think I've seen every one of our brothers and sisters here go at it at least once. There's just a mutual respect we seem to hold, we understand what it takes to follow this path and it is respectable. However, on the topic of the OP what was happening yesterday was not respectable, which is why that variables changed.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Hey one good thing came from the chaos... tehe well besides the chaos i revel in....

Orias

Left Hand Path
The only good thing that came from it was my bringing it up!

REMEMBER THAT!

You bunch of rascals you! :D