• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do supporters misrepresent trump more then anti trumpers?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
This is inspired by another thread here on RF. Feel free to link it.

It was accusing people against trump of misrepresenting trump. I will admit to seeing a little bit of this, but for the most part its not really happening . Trump really does put his foot in his mouth that bad. So it made me wonder. Do trump supporters misrepresent trump the most?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is inspired by another thread here on RF. Feel free to link it.

It was accusing people against trump of misrepresenting trump. I will admit to seeing a little bit of this, but for the most part its not really happening . Trump really does put his foot in his mouth that bad. So it made me wonder. Do trump supporters misrepresent trump the most?
What are his supporters saying which is wrong?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Why would an anti-Trumper bother to misrepresent him? There's enough fodder in his own words to cackle over and throw back in his face that there's absolutely no need to misrepresent him. So, if he's being misrepresented the fault lies with his supporters.

Jumi

Politics is always a bluff. Almost every politician is like a poker hand with no pair, but you either like them or not because of what they are trying to represent.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why would an anti-Trumper bother to misrepresent him?
Because it.....
- Builds team spirit
- Reinforces one's own choice.
- Expresses a kind of competitive zeal.
- Hurts his campaign, while helping Hillary's.
- Helps (or so is imagined) win arguments.

But to your point, it damages him much more to concentrate upon real shortcomings.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's a highly complex matter of opinion rather than one of misrepresentation.
Even Hillary's claim of being very "experienced" is of the same ilk.
The way he mocks people, he should be barred from public office. And if he can't handle a crying baby at his rally, how in the hell is going to handle the stress of running a nation? He also picked as his running mate a man who put religious dogma above the civil rights and liberties of various groups, which should disqualify both of them. Hillary isn't much better, but at least she doesn't support, encourage, or condone violence from her supporters (another serious strike against Trump), and she isn't a moronic and idiotic science denier who thinks Conservative Christians have a right to discriminate and trample on the rights of minorities.
And before you say it, I just do not find it likely that she is going to come after your guns, or the guns of any other law abiding citizen. Sure, some may find themselves not being allowed to own over new restrictions, but the Second isn't going to go anywhere.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The way he mocks people, he should be barred from public office. And if he can't handle a crying baby at his rally, how in the hell is going to handle the stress of running a nation? He also picked as his running mate a man who put religious dogma above the civil rights and liberties of various groups, which should disqualify both of them. Hillary isn't much better, but at least she doesn't support, encourage, or condone violence from her supporters (another serious strike against Trump), and she isn't a moronic and idiotic science denier who thinks Conservative Christians have a right to discriminate and trample on the rights of minorities.
And before you say it, I just do not find it likely that she is going to come after your guns, or the guns of any other law abiding citizen. Sure, some may find themselves not being allowed to own over new restrictions, but the Second isn't going to go anywhere.
Of course you have your reasons for opposing Trump, & favoring Hilda.
Your statement that she "isn't much better", coupled with both candidates being
so bad in such different ways, means that deciding between them is complex.
Reasonable people could be found on both sides..

Regarding guns, I don't say she's coming after them, although that's possible.
Instead I say that Trump is stronger on the 2nd Amendment.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yep, and it's really bizarre how so many people who would normally seem intelligent are willing to excuse Trump's many lies and willingness to demean anyone who dares to disagree with him. And then there's the issue of his clear-cut racist demeanor and religious bigotry, but then he'll attract people who are pretty much the same and maybe some others who just don't care what happens to others. After all, likes do tend to attract likes.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Your statement that she "isn't much better", coupled with both candidates being
so bad in such different ways,
Well, we can always look at Hillary's favorable voting record when it comes to women's interests and Trump's numerous comments that show he sees women as nothing more than either a piece of meat if he finds them attractive or an ugly slob if he doesn't or they say something to challenge him.
Actually, I take that "isn't much better" back, because Hillary doesn't have the paper thin skin that Trump has, and such insecurities are just something we cannot afford to have in our president. What is Trump going to do if someone like Valls or Merkel says something that upsets him? Say something remarkably offensive about the French or degrade women like he often does?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, we can always look at Hillary's favorable voting record when it comes to women's interests and Trump's numerous comments that show he sees women as nothing more than either a piece of meat if he finds them attractive or an ugly slob if he doesn't or they say something to challenge him.
Actually, I take that "isn't much better" back, because Hillary doesn't have the paper thin skin that Trump has, and such insecurities are just something we cannot afford to have in our president. What is Trump going to do if someone like Valls or Merkel says something that upsets him? Say something remarkably offensive about the French or degrade women like he often does?
I found his degrading of Rosie O'Donnell to be inspired.