• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do people actually believe in that evolution rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alceste

Vagabond
It seems as if you're the only one that actually understood where I'm coming from, or maybe I'm being deceived. Nobody else seemed to comprehend the intent behind the question, it was not about the theory of evolution, it was about the conviction behind it. Right, so you've admitted that it is not possible for a fish to transition into a human, so could you explain why some of those who accept the theory give off the impression that they have seen all of the stages at play last weekend?

Unlike you, most of us actually have studied evolution. That's why we are confident we have a good grasp of the stages.

Did you personally see Mohamed flying around on a winged horse? If not, you're being rather hypocritical right now.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
He has been provided plenty of sources and material. The fact that he continues is a sign of willful ignorance induced by primitive superstitions.

I think a more interesting topic would be to ask why some people resort to these kinds of behaviors. Why block their own ability to learn and understand only for the purpose of holding on to their current belief.

I don't have a problem with anyone who claims a God and accepts evolution (and science in general). If there is a God, no one can make the assumption that God didn't use evolution for creating life. Who can know? Is it only because some goat herder thought so 3,000 years ago? A goat herder knows more about modern science than modern scientists from the past 100 years? Humans are crazy.:(

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It seems as if you're the only one that actually understood where I'm coming from, or maybe I'm being deceived. Nobody else seemed to comprehend the intent behind the question, it was not about the theory of evolution, it was about the conviction behind it. Right, so you've admitted that it is not possible for a fish to transition into a human, so could you explain why some of those who accept the theory give off the impression that they have seen all of the stages at play last weekend?

It has already been explained to you that evolution is gradual changes over a very long period of time, so of course no one observed the transitional stages from fish to human, considering it took millions of years (we can, however, observe the evidence, such as fossils). You should be ashamed and embarrassed by your willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Most likely they have but a simple understanding of the theory of evolution yet think they understand it much better than they actually do.

I have seen (for lack of a better term) evolutionists try to argue for evolution who actually know less about it than the creationist they were arguing with.

Or perhaps they are merely looking to argue with creationists even though they have no idea what they are talking about.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Are you after frubals or whatever they're called? Because you're clearly unwilling to give anything of any value and yet you're still posting.

He was kindly pointing you to another thread where the links and information is gathered. Instead of starting new threads about the same topic over and over again, he just wanted you to go to the place where the answers are supposed to go.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Did you personally see Mohamed flying around on a winged horse? If not, you're being rather hypocritical right now.

It's funny how they dismiss evolution as being implausible despite the insurmountable mountain of evidence that confirms it, yet have no problem believing nonsensical hocus pocus like that.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I've never seen an argument so elaborately worded and rich in quality since my time on this forum. It was truly a pleasure reading it. I'll let you know next time I need a two-worded rebuttal. :)

The response was more than what your dishonesty deserved.

sunni56

He has been provided plenty of sources and material. The fact that he continues is a sign of willful ignorance induced by primitive superstitions.
Right ok. As far as I'm aware, the rules of the forum do not allow posts such as this, namely calling out other members by referring to them as third-persons. So I will be submitting a report. If you want to address me, use the quote function, it's not too difficult sunshine.

Alceste

Vagabond
It's funny how they dismiss evolution as being implausible despite the insurmountable mountain of evidence that confirms it, yet have no problem believing nonsensical hocus pocus like that.

I know. Quite a feat. Makes me wish someone had thought to stick the sentence "evolution is true, guys" into the Bible and the Koran. Then we'd have no problems.

Alceste

Vagabond
Right ok. As far as I'm aware, the rules of the forum do not allow posts such as this, namely calling out other members by referring to them as third-persons. So I will be submitting a report. If you want to address me, use the quote function, it's not too difficult sunshine.

Can't handle your own medicine, I see.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Report away, my sweet little cupcake. :)

sunni56

The response was more than what your dishonesty deserved.
Like I said, I'll contact you if I need a two-worded rebuttal. It seems as if you're the only person on the internet who provides this service with such quality. I'm glad you're proud of your achievements, as you should be of course.

sunni56

Most likely they have but a simple understanding of the theory of evolution yet think they understand it much better than they actually do.

I have seen (for lack of a better term) evolutionists try to argue for evolution who actually know less about it than the creationist they were arguing with.

Or perhaps they are merely looking to argue with creationists even though they have no idea what they are talking about.
I agree, it does seem a little hypocritical for evolutionists to behave that way, I'm not intending to blow my own trumpet here but when I talk to people who genuinely have no clue what the theory of evolution is, yet they believe in it anyway despite not knowing how the evidences for it are presented or any technical details at any level, it makes me wonder how they can accuse others of blind faith? Those are probably the worst. And as for the arrogant ones who act like billions of years of evolution just happened last night, well.

It really is like to talking to kids on here sometimes (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). But I do see members on here type perpetual stupidity so I choose to ignore them permanently, they can **** on their own leg for all I care. It's quite funny reading actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.