• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do not be screamish

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
At work today i experienced that i might not be screamish.
My co worker was digging a grave today when they called me to them. I had to do a Job for them.

I had to pick up skeleton :confused: from an old grave that was already there.
Strangly it did not bother me at all..:oops:

A Job is a Job i told my boss.

I can't watch them draw blood from me. I faint.
Like I don't have any choice. My body just shuts down.
Normal cuts and other people's blood, no problem.

I've been told it is an evolutionary response, to faint as the body tries to reduce the flow of blood.
Kind of weird not to have any control over something like that.

Anyway, I imagine some might have a similar reaction when they see human bones. The mind feels there is likely something dangerous in the area and reacts accordingly.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Something quite mundane made me think. At my first job we take out the trash... I've always hated bathroom trash. Everytime I work my mantra is "everyone's working together to make the store welcoming to customers." Not for ourselves but those we serve.

I haven't held skull just my aunt's ashes but I've never grown up in a household that values responsibility. So, if I were in your shoes it would also give me an insight about death. How we will die. Lights out. How graceful people handle the dead is pretty powerful.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Something quite mundane made me think. At my first job we take out the trash... I've always hated bathroom trash. Everytime I work my mantra is "everyone's working together to make the store welcoming to customers." Not for ourselves but those we serve.

I haven't held skull just my aunt's ashes but I've never grown up in a household that values responsibility. So, if I were in your shoes it would also give me an insight about death. How we will die. Lights out. How graceful people handle the dead is pretty powerful.
Actually i found the experience vwry peaceful

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
One day I took my grand children to a restaurant.
The one was 3 years old, and he played with the 5YO and this 5YO ran to me to get to go to the bathroom.
I never could change a diaper, or pick up dog poo. My stommack would just pop out of my throat.

Anyhow, as the 5YO ripped down his pants to wee, the 3YO pulled down his pants, pushed his brother asside, and wee splashed all over the floor.
The 3yo had a turd in his underpants, which I did not know about and it fell on the floor, looking like a sloppy biece of chockolate pudding surrounded in wee.
I managed to take the 5Yo to the next toilet, and went back to the 3YO.
He was done, and sat on the loo, when I saw he dropped his pants on the pudding!
I took toilet paper, made a huge ball, picked the pudding up, lifted him to the side, and dropped it all.
The smell!!!
I then took more toilet paper, and started to sweep the wee, another bundle did the trick.
I then flusshed the loo... and it overflowed!
at least, the plug got loose, and the main collection of pudding and paper went down the drain.
All the while the 3yo still sat on the loo, and water was now dripping from his feet, down his socks and shoes.
I again took toilet paper, dried his legs, dried the floor, all the time flushing before I continued.
Everytime I had to wait for the cystern to fill.
People were gathering...
I then managed to pick the kid up from the loo, and I bent him over gripped his head in between my legs, to clean his bottom...with a sight to behold.
It was one huge soil, a chockolate cake, with a brown cherry in the centre.
I then again took more paper, which I asked one of the spectators to get nextdoor.
Dunked one part in the loo, to get some moisture on the taffy chockolate smear on his bums to loosten.
It took a few attacks, but it came clean.
While I was busy to work on the one end, the other end asked, Grandpa, why are you gripping my head with your legs...
I then went to the underpants, removed the kid, threw the underpants in the dustbin, washed out the pants, dried it out under the airdrier.
Two spectators clapped hands.
I dressed the kid, took him to wash his hands, got the other one , did the same, and as I turned around...
the 3yo had his hands in the urinal!
\I am the proudest Grandpa on earth.
I never changed a nappy, but when the S*** hit the proverbial fan, I came out with glorious victory!

WOW.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Screamish... Do you mean squeamish? :)

Some things I'm ok with, other things do make me squeamish. One thing that turns my stomach is when people are actively vomiting. That happens a lot where I work, and I cringe inwardly every time it happens, but I'm still able to do my job when it does.

Another thing that makes me squeamish is bodily smells - especially acrid ones. Suffocating body oder and colostomy bag tears are a sure way to send me over the edge. Thankfully the mandatory masks I wear at work usually prevent those kind of smells from getting through, but every once in a while the smells are so overwhelming that they'll penetrate the mask. :confused:

When it comes to blood I'm fine, though. I've processed enough deer and fish, so it's sight doesn't bother me.
My co workers did scream when they saw that i picked up the bones without a problem. I do not know, to me it was just an object that needed to be carefully removed. And yes those bones will be buried again with the new body tomorrow

Heyo

Veteran Member
Skeletal remains don't phase me. I was once told off for sticking my finger into a Neanderthals eye socket to feel the shape. Ok. I should have been wearing gloves...
Skeletal remains didn't phase Yara, the daughter of a friend who works as an archaeologist. Yara, 10 years old at the time, was with Anne at a digging site in the middle of the city. When they dug up a skeleton, Anne told Yara to present the skull to the gazers at the fence.
It was not appreciated by all of the audience.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
At work today i experienced that i might not be screamish.
Touch with hand is 1 thing, put in mouth is another thing
Reminds me of Indian Agoris, using skull to drink

I can drink urine without any thoughts

Does not make me squeamish