• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do not be screamish

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
At work today i experienced that i might not be screamish.
My co worker was digging a grave today when they called me to them. I had to do a Job for them.

I had to pick up skeleton :confused: from an old grave that was already there.
Strangly it did not bother me at all..:oops:

A Job is a Job i told my boss.

amorphous_constellation

I can clean up cat barf or dog end if I don't think so hard on it. I used to have to handle dead deer and fish though on a farm however, and shovel manure (not as gross because it's grassy or hayish) . I am not afraid to get myself dirty with oil and stuff working physical jobs. Dead pets I was close to are another matter, I don't want to handle them.

I listened to some interviews of the lead singer from korn, and the some other people here and there , who talked about actually working in a morgue. Do you think you could actually do that

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
A lot of my tenants are elderly persons. I've found a few deceased before. I'm also given the task of wellness checks as a part of their case management and per lease. Some have given me nightmares. But the worst wasn't elderly. An addict stuffed his deceased girlfriend in to a garbage can. She'd been there for four days in sweltering heat. She overdosed on fentanyl and he didn't want any blame. So he basically threw her away. She was only later identified by tattoos. I had gotten complaints about the odor and checked the can. I promptly lost my lunch, breakfast and probably supper from the night before.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My co worker was digging a grave today when they called me to them. I had to do a Job for them.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Skeletal remains don't phase me. I was once told off for sticking my finger into a Neanderthals eye socket to feel the shape. Ok. I should have been wearing gloves...

SA Huguenot

One day I took my grand children to a restaurant.
The one was 3 years old, and he played with the 5YO and this 5YO ran to me to get to go to the bathroom.
I never could change a diaper, or pick up dog poo. My stommack would just pop out of my throat.

Anyhow, as the 5YO ripped down his pants to wee, the 3YO pulled down his pants, pushed his brother asside, and wee splashed all over the floor.
The 3yo had a turd in his underpants, which I did not know about and it fell on the floor, looking like a sloppy biece of chockolate pudding surrounded in wee.
I managed to take the 5Yo to the next toilet, and went back to the 3YO.
He was done, and sat on the loo, when I saw he dropped his pants on the pudding!
I took toilet paper, made a huge ball, picked the pudding up, lifted him to the side, and dropped it all.
The smell!!!
I then took more toilet paper, and started to sweep the wee, another bundle did the trick.
I then flusshed the loo... and it overflowed!
at least, the plug got loose, and the main collection of pudding and paper went down the drain.
All the while the 3yo still sat on the loo, and water was now dripping from his feet, down his socks and shoes.
I again took toilet paper, dried his legs, dried the floor, all the time flushing before I continued.
Everytime I had to wait for the cystern to fill.
People were gathering...
I then managed to pick the kid up from the loo, and I bent him over gripped his head in between my legs, to clean his bottom...with a sight to behold.
It was one huge soil, a chockolate cake, with a brown cherry in the centre.
I then again took more paper, which I asked one of the spectators to get nextdoor.
Dunked one part in the loo, to get some moisture on the taffy chockolate smear on his bums to loosten.
It took a few attacks, but it came clean.
While I was busy to work on the one end, the other end asked, Grandpa, why are you gripping my head with your legs...
I then went to the underpants, removed the kid, threw the underpants in the dustbin, washed out the pants, dried it out under the airdrier.
Two spectators clapped hands.
I dressed the kid, took him to wash his hands, got the other one , did the same, and as I turned around...
the 3yo had his hands in the urinal!
\I am the proudest Grandpa on earth.
I never changed a nappy, but when the S*** hit the proverbial fan, I came out with glorious victory!

Heyo

Veteran Member

You never know before it comes to you. Bones are one thing, if you don't pick them up somebody else will, tomorrow or next week. But being squeamish when it comes to helping (seriously) hurt people it is better to know beforehand if you could handle it. At least you'd know to call for someone who can and don't stand there (usually in the way) in shock.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I used to rod out blocked sewers. It was always satisfying when the blockage finally cleared.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Screamish... Do you mean squeamish? :)

Some things I'm ok with, other things do make me squeamish. One thing that turns my stomach is when people are actively vomiting. That happens a lot where I work, and I cringe inwardly every time it happens, but I'm still able to do my job when it does.

Another thing that makes me squeamish is bodily smells - especially acrid ones. Suffocating body oder and colostomy bag tears are a sure way to send me over the edge. Thankfully the mandatory masks I wear at work usually prevent those kind of smells from getting through, but every once in a while the smells are so overwhelming that they'll penetrate the mask. :confused:

When it comes to blood I'm fine, though. I've processed enough deer and fish, so it's sight doesn't bother me.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You never know before it comes to you. Bones are one thing, if you don't pick them up somebody else will, tomorrow or next week. But being squeamish when it comes to helping (seriously) hurt people it is better to know beforehand if you could handle it. At least you'd know to call for someone who can and don't stand there (usually in the way) in shock.
I have helped during car crashes before, where people died, i dod not get afraid and did not have problem after

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have a friend who feints at the sight of blood. Except for his son. Who can come home with the usual childhood scrapes, bangs and cute and it doesn't effect him.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I have helped during car crashes before, where people died, i dod not get afraid and did not have problem after
A valuable thing to know. I once came to an accident site with 5 people standing around, not knowing what to do and generally unable of rational thought. They were glad to heed my commands and very embarrassed afterwards.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
A valuable thing to know. I once came to an accident site with 5 people standing around, not knowing what to do and generally unable of rational thought. They were glad to heed my commands and very embarrassed afterwards.
First aid course is important:)

Heyo

Veteran Member
First aid course is important:)
They all had one. (In Germany you have to have one to get a drivers license and you have to stop and help the best you can when you come to an accident.) But a first aid course doesn't prepare you for the real thing. Some people just blank out and go into shock and there is no indicator who will but the first experience of a real emergency.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I don't know why, but this thread reminds me of an episode of The Beverly Hillbillies where Jed wants land to pick collard greens, but he ends up trying to buy plots at a cemetery, not realizing. Meanwhile, the director of the cemetery thinks that Jed is offing a family of people with the last name Green and needs land for all the bodies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I listened to some interviews of the lead singer from korn, and the some other people here and there , who talked about actually working in a morgue. Do you think you could actually do that
Jonathan Davis has seen some really messed up stuff. Like the subject matter of Pretty. I'd probably have a serious breakdown if I saw that going on.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

Any more signs of your visiting knight?