• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Humans Offend God?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
To some the word/label/name God is meaningless and there are in fact some people who do worship and adore it. I am already a believer that the Universe was the sole cause of our existence, but even the Universe had to have been Created as well. Maybe there are many who seek nothing more but the facts of our origin; to me this is nothing more than a minute piece of the puzzle.

Why do you believe that there has to be a creator? Why is it unlikely that the universe came about from completely natural processes?

horizon_mj1

Why do you believe that there has to be a creator? Why is it unlikely that the universe came about from completely natural processes?
It isn't so much I believe there has to be a Creator so much as I believe in the Circle of Existence which is comparable to the Circle of Life. I believe that some day we will find evidence of this from the micro to macro level (from subatomic particles to multiverses). I do not though find it so hard to believe in a Dominate Entity/Entities in which are responsible for assuring certain things are done certain ways.

horizon_mj1

the only reason behind using a filler for a missing piece of the puzzle is self comfort from fear of not knowing.

there are plenty of theories to why our universe came to be without god.
if god always was then why is it difficult that the chance of our universe becoming always was and it did.
Science and Religion are both guilty of using fillers to ease fear of the Unknown (and both have been wrong more than once). To me it is not a difficult concept to think the birth of our Universe was Natural, but nor do I fear the prospect of God/Gods in which Science does;) We are an arrogant Race by believing we have control and all the answers to everything but lack the fundamental facts to back the facts up (speaking on the Creation of the Universe). As far as me myself, I do not fear "not knowing", I already know I don't, but neither does anyone else (at least not yet:D)

Warren Clark

Informer
Science and Religion are both guilty of using fillers to ease fear of the Unknown (and both have been wrong more than once). To me it is not a difficult concept to think the birth of our Universe was Natural, but nor do I fear the prospect of God/Gods in which Science does;) We are an arrogant Race by believing we have control and all the answers to everything but lack the fundamental facts to back the facts up (speaking on the Creation of the Universe). As far as me myself, I do not fear "not knowing", I already know I don't, but neither does anyone else (at least not yet:D)

I don't believe scientists have a "fear" of there being a God in the end for an answer.
I think they fear the fact that people will use the answer of there being a God to stop researching the unknown.

I am completely open to the idea of there being a God, or even that the energy in our atoms are God, so to speak... whatever you may want to make or call God...
But I honestly think we have a lot to learn before we start applying God to the unknown.

I honestly find it beautiful to think that everything acts on its own in complete chaos in turn creating such a beautiful and scary universe.
Its jaw dropping to think about.

horizon_mj1

I don't believe scientists have a "fear" of there being a God in the end for an answer.
I think they fear the fact that people will use the answer of there being a God to stop researching the unknown.
I agree. What I do not understand is that it is stated in scriptures that God is unknown, so if you stop searching (or researching) you can never know God. Biasness and prejudice concepts is what builds barriers to True Knowledge (or maybe it is just people do not like or want to accept being wrong). Scientists IMO can not be happy if there is an absolute answer (which there rarely is, due to multiple theoretical explanations to simplistic realities).

I am completely open to the idea of there being a God, or even that the energy in our atoms are God, so to speak... whatever you may want to make or call God...
But I honestly think we have a lot to learn before we start applying God to the unknown.
To me the name God has become way too desecrated to be as Honored as it should. Energy (in its utmost Purest Form) from any Creation can be considered "Godly", and is of yet unknown to Humanity for the lack of displacing all conceptual aspects of what is to be expected as opposed to what is (or even may be).

I honestly find it beautiful to think that everything acts on its own in complete chaos in turn creating such a beautiful and scary universe.
Its jaw dropping to think about.
It is and it does! Maybe this is the reason why existence is allowed to continue?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
God is the only authority. There is One God. When He hasn't assigned certain instances of His likenesses to a person, or any likeness is lost, that person is now naturally estranged. Everything is according to a purpose and the First and Only Will of God.

A small but pretty obvious instance of fate being revealed:

John 8:44

'Ye are of a father -- the devil, and the desires of your father ye will to do; he was a man-slayer from the beginning, and in the truth he hath not stood, because there is no truth in him; when one may speak the falsehood, of his own he speaketh, because he is a liar -- also his father.'

Orias

Left Hand Path
Think about it, if everything we do is known, then when we do something wrong, is this not a direct offense? We often wander why it is that our prayers can go unheard at times, but could this be due to the evil we breed among ourselves(what Divine Being would want to be in a place where Evil runs rampant?

We probably do offend God. But then again maybe this God is a divine being evil? :bat:

horizon_mj1

I was kidding :D

I actually consider God to be more "warrior like". Not good nor evil, its all business.
Meeeee toooo!! (But it is still interesting how many might not take it that way:rolleyes:) I would guess Warrior Like, Business oriented as well, but let''s get serious now, some what of a Jokster as well :eek:(I mean come one look at us, there has to be some kind of Humor there eh?):angel2::D:cool:;)

Orias

Left Hand Path
Meeeee toooo!! (But it is still interesting how many might not take it that way:rolleyes:) I would guess Warrior Like, Business oriented as well, but let''s get serious now, some what of a Jokster as well :eek:(I mean come one look at us, there has to be some kind of Humor there eh?):angel2::D:cool:;)

I guess humor and finding joy in success can be separate at times.