• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do girls NEED to just get rid of it?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
She is not austracised by either her male or female friends, in fact she is often held as a model of achievement and leadership. Its her life and she is intelligent enough to make her own decisions and I respect her for that.

Cheers

I like how you Australianise the word ostracise ;)

Mr Cheese

I think he's actually refering to how some Christians think anything other than the "missionary" position (man on top of woman lying down) is unnatural or something like that. I've never heard of this St. Thomas Aquinas guy though.

never heard of thomass aquinas:facepalm:

he's one of the greatest western thinkers

Mr Cheese

Just as an FYI, St. Thomas Aquinas was a 13th century theologian. For some reason which I don't understand, even many secular philosophers consider him a great thinker. Many theologians consider him the most insightful theologian to date. I honestly don't understand how anyone can think that. He is best known for his "5 proofs for god" and his extensive views on the ethics of human sexuality. I think he had head problems. His 5 proofs have all been proven fallatious, and as for his views on sexuality, well, to each thier own I guess.

there's a great more to his works than that though

Ukonkivi

I've often wondered why it's so common for men to get circumsized at birth, but women don't lose their hymens at birth.
Clitorectemy, a procedure which I hear is common in Africa is always unethical and is bad for the woman.
But what good is a hymen?

It's not a good marker of virginity since women can lose it just by doing sports or something. It easily breaks. And it's not like people need to have a marker for virginity in women and not for men anyway. All it's there to do is make sex a painful experience. So why not lose it as early as possible in order to avoid pain later? One's first sexual experience shouldn't have to be a painful one.

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding something about the anatomy here and this would be worse off for women physically to lose the hymen at a younger age.

Also, I may not be a Christian, but one of the things I actually view good about the religion is the fact it often treats women's and men's virginity as equal. A man is also to hold himself for marriage.

Even as a free love supporter. I must say there are some good aspects, such as this, to Christian Celibacy. Female virginity is overrated, and male virginity is underrated. At least Christianity has some equality about the matter and isn't all about calling guys studs and women sluts.