• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Creationists Understand The Theory Of Evolution?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I would actually like to hear an evolutionist tell me what evolution is in his/her own words.

supersport! Nice to see you again! It's your old friend Gaytheist from TWeb, aka TomboyMom from IIDB. Didn't you know there's no such thing as an evolutionist? Maybe you'd like a biologist to explain it? I'm sure one of my friends from IIDB would be happy to oblige.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
LOL, that is exactly how I feel about evolution. Contrary to popular misinformation, science supports creation and destroys the theory of evolution.

Really? How? Are you familiar with the Theory of Evolution? Do you know what it says?

If science destroys it, why do you suppose the entire science of biology is based on it, and every biology department at every major college and university in the world teaches it? Just stupid?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
well I've yet to hear an evolutionist tell me what ToE is....why am I not surprised. What are you waiting for???? Don't go criticizing creationists for not defining it ----- you not defining it either makes you a hypocrite. It's your theory -- so let's hear it.

Wait, now you're a creationist? I thought you were a Lamarckian? Please clarify. Thanks.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
well I've yet to hear an evolutionist tell me what ToE is....why am I not surprised. What are you waiting for???? Don't go criticizing creationists for not defining it ----- you not defining it either makes you a hypocrite. It's your theory -- so let's hear it.

Well, to express it very succinctly, I would say that the core of the Theory is that new species derive from existing species via descent with modification plus natural selection, over time. Does that help?

UnTheist

supersport! Nice to see you again! It's your old friend Gaytheist from TWeb, aka TomboyMom from IIDB. Didn't you know there's no such thing as an evolutionist? Maybe you'd like a biologist to explain it? I'm sure one of my friends from IIDB would be happy to oblige.
OMG You're TomboyMom!? I had no idea lol

Shaz202

I am a creationist and i understand the theory of evolution clearly. Just because im a christian doesn't mean im stupid :D i understand both viewpoints and believe creationism to be the most believable. As science is fact, evolution cannot be right, because of this simple fact. Matter cannot be created or destroyed-the law of conservstion.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I am a creationist and i understand the theory of evolution clearly. Just because im a christian doesn't mean im stupid :D i understand both viewpoints and believe creationism to be the most believable.

The fact that you'd post stuff like this makes me believe that you don't have as good an understanding of science as you think you do.

As science is fact, evolution cannot be right, because of this simple fact. Matter cannot be created or destroyed-the law of conservstion.

And what does your "law of conservstion" say about the possibility of God springing into existence all on His own?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I am a creationist and i understand the theory of evolution clearly. Just because im a christian doesn't mean im stupid :D i understand both viewpoints and believe creationism to be the most believable. As science is fact, evolution cannot be right, because of this simple fact. Matter cannot be created or destroyed-the law of conservstion.
Well, since your last sentence is completely irrelevant to evolution, maybe you don't understand it quite as well as you thought. Do you mind if we probe a little and try to find out?
For starters, if science rejects evolution, why do you think the field of science of which it is a part, biology, is based on it?
What exactly do you think the theory of evolution says?

camanintx

Except when it can.
A trailblazing experiment at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center in California has confirmed a longstanding prediction by theorists that light beams colliding with each other can goad the empty vacuum into creating something out of nothing.
Besides, what does the creation of matter have to do with the evolution of species?