• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do christians go straight to heaven upon their deaths?

Simplelogic

Just believe what is plainly written.
Or maybe realize that Yeshua was a Jew that spoke Hebrew…not Greek. Thankfully we have Hebrew versions of Matthew to show this. If you desire to hear Yeshua's true words then you will find them. But hey, you do what you want.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Or maybe realize that Yeshua was a Jew that spoke Hebrew…not Greek. Thankfully we have Hebrew versions of Matthew to show this. If you desire to hear Yeshua's true words then you will find them. But hey, you do what you want.
I already have Jesus' words.

moorea944

I have scriptures that say we are holy and perfect by the blood of Jesus. Just believe it.
So you want us to believe in translation errors?
No thanks, I rather search out the true meanings of things. But what's good about translatation errors is that it fits perfectly into other religions.

Simplelogic

No thanks, I rather search out the true meanings of things. But what's good about translatation errors is that it fits perfectly into other religions.
Men were responsible to guard YHVH's word. To assume that no translation errors have occurred after numerous language translations is illogical to me.

Simplelogic

3By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked. 1 John 2: 3-6

How did Yeshua walk?? Was he Torah observant?? I think so.

sincerly

sincerly said:
sincerly said:
"Yes", I did a phrase search for "the spirit of" and found 118 exact wordings for that phrase. Thirty seven had to do with "the spirit of GOD" and "the spirit of the Lord".
Then there were such things as "the spirit of:wisdom", "truth", "jealousy", "understanding", "bondage", "adoption", "grace," "holiness," "meekness", "a man" (Prov.18:14, "The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?"---
Prov.20:27, "The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly."---
Eccl.3:19-21, "For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth"---
Zech.12:1-2, "The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem."---
ICor. 2:9-12, "
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God."---

There is NO Living entity within a person that is distinct from the person as a living being. That is an erroneous Scriptural assessment.

Here is the Biblical usage as seen. """the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated.______the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides."""

"Yes", You didn't recognize those phrases from the KJV Bible? It is clear that you have taken your ideas of the "spirit of man" from other than the Biblical Scriptures.

That "us" has to be born again, because what is "us" is despicable and desperately wicked. What is "us" can not be accepted into heaven/and the new earth without that Repenting and submitting to the Will of GOD.
That old man of sin has to be crucified and buried with Jesus Christ.

That "spirit" which motivates one into a right relationship with GOD and one's fellow man is LOVE.

These scriptures speak of our having a spirit.
Hebrews 12:9, Zechariah 12:1, and Malachi 2:15.

Zechariah 12:1 shows us that the spirit has a form.

"Yes", that "spirit" seen in that verse is of "trembling when they shall be in siege both against Judah and Jerusalem."

Jesus, in John 3:5-6, says, "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit".

There is the "breath"/"pneuma" which is acquired at human birth and the Holy Spirit giving birth by choice. Jesus says the first one is of no value in the new earth.
One chooses to retain their mortal carnal life Or exchange it for Christ's righteous eternal life.

Yes

God reveals Himself to little children, and not to the wise and learned.

We do not have to study another language to know God's Truth Get Jesus' teachings and obey them, then you will know.

moorea944

God reveals Himself to little children, and not to the wise and learned.

We do not have to study another language to know God's Truth Get Jesus' teachings and obey them, then you will know.
Yes, I agree, but sometimes was have to look up words in the orginal language but of the translators.

sincerly

We die physically. Our spirits do not die. If our spirit could die, then man could kill our spirit, but man cannot.

Matthew 10:28 "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell".

"Yes", you have already acknowledged that the "soul" is the person therefore, the "spirit and the "soul" aren't the same. Nor will that verse above(Matt.10:18) work for the "spirit" not dying as you claim.
For the wicked, GOD will do the "killing"/destroying of life and body in the "fire".

Yes

"Yes", you have already acknowledged that the "soul" is the person therefore, the "spirit and the "soul" aren't the same. Nor will that verse above(Matt.10:18) work for the "spirit" not dying as you claim.
For the wicked, GOD will do the "killing"/destroying of life and body in the "fire".
The soul is a body made alive by the spirit.

sincerly

3By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked. 1 John 2: 3-6

How did Yeshua walk?? Was he Torah observant?? I think so.

Yes, Jesus was "torah" observant so that all things which were prophesied concerning HIM ----HE Fulfilled.
Jesus didn't agree with those "Traditions and commandments made by men(the fathers) " which were contradictory/contrary to those of the Creator GOD.

Simplelogic

Yes, Jesus was "torah" observant so that all things which were prophesied concerning HIM ----HE Fulfilled.
Jesus didn't agree with those "Traditions and commandments made by men(the fathers) " which were contradictory/contrary to those of the Creator GOD.
So we don't really need to walk as Yeshua walked then? John must have lied to us.

Simplelogic

I wasn't even talking about the fake Pharisaic oral commands. Of course Yeshua was against these additions to the Torah.

moorea944

But the point is, sometimes we have to look up the correct words because our "English" bibles are different from the Hebrew and Greek ones. Words HAVE been changed. And that can create a different meaning. Now we go down a different path. So that's why sometimes it's good to know if our translations are correct. My way of thinking anyhow...

Yes

But the point is, sometimes we have to look up the correct words because our "English" bibles are different from the Hebrew and Greek ones. Words HAVE been changed. And that can create a different meaning. Now we go down a different path. So that's why sometimes it's good to know if our translations are correct. My way of thinking anyhow...
I am grateful to have translations in our English. The KJV is not easy to read. However, I am not convinced that any translation would bring about a false doctrine. Is there any scripture from a translation that you think caused a false doctrine? If so, which one.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Some are, some aren't. The angels that accompanied Abraham to Sodom and Gomorrah weren't flying, they were walking. The angel that physically wrestled with Jacob obviously had a body.
A materialized body was used. After Jesus was resurrected before he ascended to heaven Jesus used different materialized bodies.