• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?

Bowman

Let's say I took your demon definition of Djinns which is inaccurate, if Allah created everything absolutely then he is essentially Lord of demons, Djinn,s humans, Satan, etc.

Here is the classical definition for jinn...

جن= “jinn”

“jinn” definition:

Collective noun. Genii, demons, spirits, as apposed to men. The darkness of night; intense darkness; the confusedness of the darkness of night. Concealment. The genii; and sometimes the angels; according to some, the spiritual beings that are concealed from the senses, or that conceal themselves from the senses; all of such beings; thus comprising the angels; all of these being jinn; thus called because they are feared but not seen: or, according to others, certain of the spiritual beings; for the spiritual beings are of three kinds; the good being the angels; and the evil being the devils; and the middle kind, among whom are good and evil, being the jinn; as is shown in the first twelve verses of sura 72; or it here means intelligent invisible bodies, predominantly of the fiery, or of the aerial quality; or a species of souls, or spirits, divested of bodies; or human souls separate from their bodies; or the jinn are the angels exclusively. According to some, in sura 18.50 it is said that Iblees was one of the Jinn; or, as some say, the jinn were a species of the angels, who were the guardians of the earth, and of the gardens of paradise. A state of possession by a devil, or by a jinn; diabolical, or demonical, possession; and hence meaning loss of reason; or madness, insanity, or unsoundness in mind or intellect.

It comes from the root “janna”, which means it veiled, concealed, hid, covered, or protected him; said of the night; to be covered; to cover. The primary signification is the veiling, or concealing, from the sense. Overshadowed; to be dark, wrap, be mad, dark, be hidden to, be excited, He, a man, was, or became, possessed by a devil, or demon; and hence meaning bereft of reason; or mad, insane, unsound in mind or intellect, or wanting therein.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume two, pp. 462 - 464
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar pp. 104 - 105
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 29
Concordance of the Koran, Gustav Flugel, pp. 45 - 46

In the unlikely event that you were to posit a more robust definition, then you no doubt have to agree with what has been presented.

Thus, for the god "allah" to be lord of the jinn, tells us that he is Satan, himself....same as told to us in the Book of Revelation, from where it was copied from.

Renji

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't jinns creatures/spirits that are made of fire? And if I'm not mistaken, Satan is also made of fire,based on Islamic teachings, according to what I've red on google... Can you please clarrify to me, how come that these jinns (and Satan himself) become the servant of God if they are actually considered as the tempters of man? If He wants us to be saved, why should He allow these jinns to be his servants? Someone clarify please...

Bowman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't jinns creatures/spirits that are made of fire? And if I'm not mistaken, Satan is also made of fire,based on Islamic teachings, according to what I've red on google... Can you please clarrify to me, how come that these jinns (and Satan himself) become the servant of God if they are actually considered as the tempters of man? If He wants us to be saved, why should He allow these jinns to be his servants? Someone clarify please...

Iblees (the devil) and the jinn (demons) are merely variant names used in the Koran for the same Biblical characters, Larry.

The Koran proclaims the same expulsion of the devil from Heaven along with his angels, same as told to us in the Biblical Book of Revelation.

People get too hung-up on thinking that these are different entities - but, in fact, they are the same.

Yona

Frum Mastah Flex
I'm really surprised this thread has gotten to page 30, it seems like a really silly question to me. Do Christians and Muslims worship the same G-d? Duh, Jews worship the one G-d, the creator of all. Christians worship the one G-d, the creator of all. Muslims worship the one G-d, the creator of all. All of the Abrahamic religions are charecterized by their staunch monotheism, we all 3 worship the one G-d thus logic would dictate that we all worship the same Deity. Though things do get difficult with Christianity and their worship of Jesus as G-d but from what I understand this isn't an inherent part of the Christian tradition.

kai

ragamuffin
I'm really surprised this thread has gotten to page 30, it seems like a really silly question to me. Do Christians and Muslims worship the same G-d? Duh, Jews worship the one G-d, the creator of all. Christians worship the one G-d, the creator of all. Muslims worship the one G-d, the creator of all. All of the Abrahamic religions are charecterized by their staunch monotheism, we all 3 worship the one G-d thus logic would dictate that we all worship the same Deity. Though things do get difficult with Christianity and their worship of Jesus as G-d but from what I understand this isn't an inherent part of the Christian tradition.

Yes its a silly question if you only take a superficial glance at the two religions in question ignore the glaringly obvious differences and listen to the PC versions of " its all the same god anyway" and what the heck has logic got to do with it ?

and finally to say that Jesus divinity is not an inherent part of Christianity shows you have only a very scanty understanding of it. tell me-- who do you think Jesus is to Christians? and who is he to Muslims?

Last edited:

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Jinns were created from fire before man, and they have free-will too. So accordingly they are Allah's servants like us, and among them there are the Muslims, and non-muslims too.

Iblees (Satan) is from the jinns. It is said that he was an angel, and when he disobeyed the command of Allah (to prostrate to Adam PBUH), Allah cursed him and he became Satan....
It is more explained in those verses, if you don't mind giving a look at them... :)

[7:11] And surely, We created you (your father Adam) and then gave you shape (the noble shape of a human being); then We told the angels, "Prostrate yourselves to Adam", and they prostrated themselves, except Iblîs (Satan), he refused to be of those who prostrated themselves.

[7:12] (Allah) said: "What prevented you (O Iblîs) that you did not prostrate yourself, when I commanded you?" Iblîs said: "I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay."

[7:13] (Allah) said: "(O Iblîs) get down from this (Paradise), it is not for you to be arrogant here. Get out, for you are of those humiliated and disgraced."

[7:14] (Iblîs) said: "Allow me respite till the Day they are raised up (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)."

[7:15] (Allah) said: "You are of those respited."

[7:16] (Iblîs) said: "Because You have sent me astray, surely I will sit in wait against them (human beings) on Your Straight Path.

[7:17] Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e. they will not be dutiful to You)."

[7:18] (Allah) said (to Iblîs) "Get out from this (Paradise) disgraced and expelled. Whoever of them (mankind) will follow you, then surely I will fill Hell with you all."

By the way there is a full chapter in the Qur'an about Jinns....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Of course they do. Even Jews. They all three worship the God of Abraham, hence the term Abrahamic religions. The main divisive issue is the Jews do not see Jesus as anyone special, the Christians see him as the Messiah, and the Muslims see him as a prophet. But as for the one supreme God, Allah is the God that all three worship.

kai

ragamuffin
Of course they do. Even Jews. They all three worship the God of Abraham, hence the term Abrahamic religions. The main divisive issue is the Jews do not see Jesus as anyone special, the Christians see him as the Messiah, and the Muslims see him as a prophet. But as for the one supreme God,
Allah is the God that all three worship

But your ignoring the Trinity, the crucifixion, the reserection. the very nature of the Christian God, original sin and the need for redemption through Christ, compared the Muslim God. Why do people do that? Sugar it over ? its like a magic spell that wont let people look to deeply in case they dont like what they see.

Yes they all worship the God of Abraham but they all have different ideas of who Abraham was and who his God was.In short they all have their own Abraham and the others couldn't pick his God out of a line up when looking for theirs. "Theres only one God" " yeah its mine" ---------kind of like finding a 20 on the ground "hey has anyone lost a 20?" "yeah its mine " sings the chorus

Last edited:

Renji

Oh yeah, you can always say that the Jews, Muslims and Christians worship the God of Abraham, Jacob and Isaac, which is one and the same. However, you cannot put out into the picture that these religions "preach" different things about God. In Christianity, some accept the trinity and divinity of Christ, but it's different on the case of Muslims and Jews. Although the three are "monotheistic" and claim to be rooted in the faith in Abraham, there are teachings about God that is entirely different on these three. And if the topic is really that silly, then why spend time on this thread? It is 'silly' anyway.....

Renji

Jinns were created from fire before man, and they have free-will too. So accordingly they are Allah's servants like us, and among them there are the Muslims, and non-muslims too.

Iblees (Satan) is from the jinns. It is said that he was an angel, and when he disobeyed the command of Allah (to prostrate to Adam PBUH), Allah cursed him and he became Satan....
It is more explained in those verses, if you don't mind giving a look at them... :)

[7:11] And surely, We created you (your father Adam) and then gave you shape (the noble shape of a human being); then We told the angels, "Prostrate yourselves to Adam", and they prostrated themselves, except Iblîs (Satan), he refused to be of those who prostrated themselves.

[7:12] (Allah) said: "What prevented you (O Iblîs) that you did not prostrate yourself, when I commanded you?" Iblîs said: "I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay."

[7:13] (Allah) said: "(O Iblîs) get down from this (Paradise), it is not for you to be arrogant here. Get out, for you are of those humiliated and disgraced."

[7:14] (Iblîs) said: "Allow me respite till the Day they are raised up (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)."

[7:15] (Allah) said: "You are of those respited."

[7:16] (Iblîs) said: "Because You have sent me astray, surely I will sit in wait against them (human beings) on Your Straight Path.

[7:17] Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e. they will not be dutiful to You)."

[7:18] (Allah) said (to Iblîs) "Get out from this (Paradise) disgraced and expelled. Whoever of them (mankind) will follow you, then surely I will fill Hell with you all."

By the way there is a full chapter in the Qur'an about Jinns....

I see... We christians do not usually count Satan and the demons as God's servant. But we do accept that they are God's mechanism to test the faithful if they merit God's salvation. But the Devil do know that God is more powerful than Him.;)

Renji

Iblees (the devil) and the jinn (demons) are merely variant names used in the Koran for the same Biblical characters, Larry

I know right. I know the lore. What I'm asking is why they regard the jinns as servants of God because in our doctrines brother, I know you have the knowledge about this, Satan and his cohorts are considered as mechanism to test the faithful, the Enemy of Salvation and the Ancient enemy. I think, he wasn't considered as God's servant in our doctrine, brother. I want to compare.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But your ignoring the Trinity, the crucifixion, the reserection. the very nature of the Christian God, original sin and the need for redemption through Christ, compared the Muslim God. Why do people do that? Sugar it over ? its like a magic spell that wont let people look to deeply in case they dont like what they see.
The Trinity, crucifix, resurrection, communion, Hail Marys, and what have you stem from the Christian views of Jesus. The Jews do not have this because Jesus is seen as no body significant. The Muslims view Jesus as a prophet. But Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah, or one of the more cultural or or language spelling correct names of God, he is the same God. It's not sugarcoating anything, it's rather the acknowledgment that they all worship the same exact God, and even the Koran states this that the Jews and Christians are too Muslim, which translates to "submissive to God" in which they are all submissive to the same God.

Bowman

I know right. I know the lore. What I'm asking is why they regard the jinns as servants of God because in our doctrines brother, I know you have the knowledge about this, Satan and his cohorts are considered as mechanism to test the faithful, the Enemy of Salvation and the Ancient enemy. I think, he wasn't considered as God's servant in our doctrine, brother. I want to compare.

Who is the third archangel, Larry...?

kai

ragamuffin
The Trinity, crucifix, resurrection, communion, Hail Marys, and what have you stem from the Christian views of Jesus. The Jews do not have this because Jesus is seen as no body significant. The Muslims view Jesus as a prophet. But Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah, or one of the more cultural or or language spelling correct names of God, he is the same God. It's not sugarcoating anything, it's rather the acknowledgment that they all worship the same exact God, and even the Koran states this that the Jews and Christians are too Muslim, which translates to "submissive to God" in which they are all submissive to the same God.

Precisely! the Trinity, Crucifiction, resurrection ,communion, original sin, all stem from Christian views of God or in Particular of Jesus as either ,part of God, the son of God or God himself. that's not the exact God is it? and its not the Muslim God is it ?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Precisely! the Trinity, Crucifiction, resurrection ,communion, original sin, all stem from Christian views of God or in Particular of Jesus as either ,part of God, the son of God or God himself. that's not the exact God is it? and its not the Muslim God is it ?
It's a different approach to the same God. The Christians believe Jesus was/is divine, so of course he is considered a part of God, but to the Muslims he isn't God, but was still sent from God. It's one of the differences between the two religions, but they both believe the same God created everything, and sent Jesus to fulfill whichever role he was ascribed by either religion.

Bowman

It's a different approach to the same God. The Christians believe Jesus was/is divine, so of course he is considered a part of God, but to the Muslims he isn't God, but was still sent from God. It's one of the differences between the two religions, but they both believe the same God created everything, and sent Jesus to fulfill whichever role he was ascribed by either religion.

Nope.

Christians don't believe that the Koranic 'allah' created everything....he never said that he did, thus, we should not expect that he has any creative power whatsoever...or that he is anything but a false god.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
How is it that your book of faith has entire chapters named in honor of demons?

Where in Al Jinn does it "honor" demons....

What kind of a holy book does this?

Depends on your definition of holy and what books of the various religions on the planet you will consider "holy".... Ultimately there's nothing wrong for a religious text to have chapters like this considering there's nothing in Al Jinn "honoring" demons....