• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Cats Dogs have heartbreaks?

Kerr

Nice try. However, nowhere in this article does it say "Yep, animals have human emotions". There is of course a lot of "maybe's", and "we feel's", and "if you squint your eyes up this behavior might almost nearly be close to human emotion", but no one signs on to a real conclusion. Just try to find a credible scientific study that concludes animals have and exhibit human emotions. My money is on none exists.

I wonder... do you think we humans are capable of dog emotions?

Draka

Wonder Woman
I wonder how dumb our animals think we are at times. Ever see the way a cat will look at you sometimes? With this complete air of "you utter idiot" :p

Kerr

I wonder how dumb our animals think we are at times. Ever see the way a cat will look at you sometimes? With this complete air of "you utter idiot" :p
Reminds of the the "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy", where humans are the third smartest animals (the second smartest are dolphines and the smartest are mice, who are actually aliens in disguise if I remember correctly) :p.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Dogs Decoded - YouTube

I found this documentary and it is very interesting!
Just starter warching it and it reminded me of this thread, so there.

You can see how much dogs have evolved to understand human emotions much more kinly than other animals. Its interesting and cute at the same time :eek:

atanu

Premium Member
I feel that dogs and cats or any other animal may not have as severe heartbreak as normal egoist humans have the proclivity for. OTOH, humans may have the abilty to see the wisdom in the heartbreak (my opinion) which cats and dogs may not have.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
So, im confused; what is the porpoise of this conversation?

I found the porpoise:

tumblr_me9b6oOerP1qbvk7po3_1280.jpg