• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divine love is all that exist? Actions have no consequenses? lies

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I think you should define some of your terms such as hell and karma.

In my opinion consequences for actions exist in this life imposed by society. If you want to start calling other peoples beliefs lies and dangerous fine, but make sure you take a long hard look in the mirror first because you haven't demonstrated that belief in reincarnation or hell or even heaven for that matter is true nor have you demonstrated that believing in any of these is danger free.

Apathy to or indifference to suffering though not necessarily attached to belief in reincarnation can happen if one believes a persons suffering is just and that one shouldn't interfere with justice and is dangerous for example in my view.

If your after the full truth it may be possible that no All-powerful creator God exists, but whether it does or not it seems highly likely that if it exists it is to blame for the faults of it's creatures much the same way an engineer is responsible for faulty products inside it's control. Have you considered that maybe your God has some karmic debt towards it's creatures if it created them? If there are consequences for actions what are the consequences for your God for creating defects then throwing the defective into hell?
What i mean with hell is lower spiritual realms. It is separation from God. When i wrote about hell did NOT mean fire eternal hell. Some souls is in the lower spiritual realms some time, it is not eternal. that is my belief.

i also believe in reincarnation. Reincarnation exist to make the soul learn lessons. Karma is the law of cause and affect

For some souls maybe it wil take many many liftimes but in the end all souls is home with God. That i believe.

danieldemol

Premium Member
What i mean with hell is lower spiritual realms. It is separation from God. When i wrote about hell did NOT mean fire eternal hell. Some souls is in the lower spiritual realms some time, it is not eternal. that is my belief.

i also believe in reincarnation. Reincarnation exist to make the soul learn lessons. Karma is the law of cause and affect

For some souls maybe it wil take many many liftimes but in the end all souls is home with God. That i believe.
Why should spirits have an eventual home with God as opposed to an immediate one for example? You say consequences, but if consequences debar one from God then people with learning disabilities who are unable to learn their lessons are doomed to eternally repeat their mistakes right? So their home is between earth and hell in an infinite loop?

danieldemol

Premium Member
The OP never mentions "place." You simply made that assumption.
Actually I asked the question prior to making the assumption. When the OP provides either no model or an incomplete model we are left with assumptions to fill in the gaps in my view.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually I asked the question prior to making the assumption. When the OP provides either no model or an incomplete model we are left with assumptions to fill in the gaps in my view.
You chose to make the assumption nonetheless.

Sometimes things are written intentionally without providing a model so people can interpret them based on their own personal views and what it might be to them.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This annoys me a lot. People in the new age who say only love exists. That God is love and our soul is love. And that everyone goes to heaven regardless of their behavior. And that consequences for actions do not exist. And that karma does not exist.

These are so-called half-truths. It's actually dangerous

Yes God is love and our soul is love BUT our actions do have consequences. Karma exists. It is a universal law. Hell is real. Hell is not ernal but it is temporary
FYI, what is old is new again. why be annoyed?

“If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished? - rumi

hell is created by the separation of self from the loving spirit.

hell isn't a place, it's a state of spirit, the state of consciousness of the self.

as jesus said if you have belief even as small as a mustard seed, you will reap what you sowed.

you are always meeting self

jesus says behold i am coming with the belief and every eye shall see him and they will be reward with the love/hate they sowed

your hairs on fire, must have lots your wits

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just do not like half-truths

I shouldn't let it bother me. But difficult to let go, especially when several books in the new age teach that only love exists and that actions have no consequences. They deceive people
They deceive themselves first, then deceive others. It's easier to do away with hell and not worry about either for yourself or others then to embrace the concept. Not everyone does it to follow desires, many people, simply cannot do with the idea that others will suffer.

However good and evil are not the same nor are they be treated equally by God. As hard as it is, it's better to try to save souls then deceive oneself out of love and compassion that everything is going to be alright for them.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Why should spirits have an eventual home with God as opposed to an immediate one for example? You say consequences, but if consequences debar one from God then people with learning disabilities who are unable to learn their lessons are doomed to eternally repeat their mistakes right? So their home is between earth and hell in an infinite loop?
Reincarnation is not eternal. In the end all souls is back with God. Actions have consequenses, but only temporary. It makes no sense for eternal punishment to exist. Because our sins is finitive. Infinitive punishment for finitive sins is not just. this i believe

Audie

Veteran Member
Reincarnation is not eternal. In the end all souls is back with God. Actions have consequenses, but only temporary. It makes no sense for eternal punishment to exist. Because our sins is finitive. Infinitive punishment for finitive sins is not just. this i believe
As long as its stated as belief, not fact.

danieldemol

Premium Member
You are simply regurgitating your belief without answering most critical questions thrown at it in my view.

For someone who is prepared to call the beliefs of others as lies this dodging of essential questions leaves a lot to be desired as I see it.

I will try and re-phrase but I'm honestly doubting you wish to answer the question.

If a cause of a finite sin re-occurs, under the concept of karma it seems logical that a price has to be paid. So why would karma not be due infinitely on a mistake that is repeated infinitely?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
If a cause of a finite sin re-occurs, under the concept of karma it seems logical that a price has to be paid. So why would karma not be due infinitely on a mistake that is repeated infinitely?
I believe that if a "sin" re-occurs then so does the consequence. If you put your hand "purposefully" on a hot stove, you will be burnt. And should you not learn your lesson and purposefully put your hand on a hot stove again, you will be burnt again. James 4:17 "Whoever knows what is right to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." Buddha says in The Dhammapada, Choices, "...Speak or act with an impure mind, And trouble will follow you ... Speak or act with a pure mind, And happiness will follow you..." Cause and effect is a natural law, designed by our Creator, IMO, and does not change. However, we have free will to change our ways of thinking and acting. How much opportunity to evolve in the Spirit is still a much debated point. "I" believe we will continuously, in our individual essense, return to this material world of cause and effect, with worldly form and passions, until ALL have overcone and evolved back to our original state of Spirit prior to The Fall.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I believe that if a "sin" re-occurs then so does the consequence. If you put your hand "purposefully" on a hot stove, you will be burnt. And should you not learn your lesson and purposefully put your hand on a hot stove again, you will be burnt again. James 4:17 "Whoever knows what is right to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." Buddha says in The Dhammapada, Choices, "...Speak or act with an impure mind, And trouble will follow you ... Speak or act with a pure mind, And happiness will follow you..." Cause and effect is a natural law, designed by our Creator, IMO, and does not change. However, we have free will to change our ways of thinking and acting. How much opportunity to evolve in the Spirit is still a much debated point. "I" believe we will continuously, in our individual essense, return to this material world of cause and effect, with worldly form and passions, until ALL have overcone and evolved back to our original state of Spirit prior to The Fall.
Well fair enough if you believe in free will but I dont, I believe it is most probably untrue.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I wrote *this i believe*
I think most of us figure you meant you believe. I don't happen to agree with your beliefs, but I figure they are your beliefs. And right now I don't wish to debate them with you since it's late. Maybe another time. But again -- most would figure your assertions are what you believe. That all in the forementioned is what I believe. :)

Audie

Veteran Member
Why believe things that have no evidence