• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divine love is all that exist? Actions have no consequenses? lies

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
This annoys me a lot. People in the new age who say only love exists. That God is love and our soul is love. And that everyone goes to heaven regardless of their behavior. And that consequences for actions do not exist. And that karma does not exist.

These are so-called half-truths. It's actually dangerous

Yes God is love and our soul is love BUT our actions do have consequences. Karma exists. It is a universal law. Hell is real. Hell is not ernal but it is temporary

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't let it annoy you. What "people in the new age" say about this should have little to do with you. What others say is about them. It only becomes about you if you've given them that permission. :)

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I wouldn't let it annoy you. What "people in the new age" say about this should have little to do with you. What others say is about them. It only becomes about you if you've given them that permission. :)
I just do not like half-truths

I shouldn't let it bother me. But difficult to let go, especially when several books in the new age teach that only love exists and that actions have no consequences. They deceive people

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
You know, I think one thing I took away from Christianity that I still keep with me now is the importance of love. I will say, though, that life is a multidimensional thing. Though love is a very important aspect, I wouldn't say it's the most important, imo. I'd say that more important than love itself is the thoughtful utilization of love and, as you say, consideration for the consequences of one's actions whether or not one's intentions are pure. The path to hell is paved in good intentions, after all

danieldemol

Premium Member
This annoys me a lot. People in the new age who say only love exists. That God is love and our soul is love. And that everyone goes to heaven regardless of their behavior. And that consequences for actions do not exist. And that karma does not exist.

Yes God is love and our soul is love BUT our actions do have consequences. Karma exists. It is a universal law. Hell is real. Hell is not ernal but it is temporary
I think you should define some of your terms such as hell and karma.

In my opinion consequences for actions exist in this life imposed by society. If you want to start calling other peoples beliefs lies and dangerous fine, but make sure you take a long hard look in the mirror first because you haven't demonstrated that belief in reincarnation or hell or even heaven for that matter is true nor have you demonstrated that believing in any of these is danger free.

Apathy to or indifference to suffering though not necessarily attached to belief in reincarnation can happen if one believes a persons suffering is just and that one shouldn't interfere with justice and is dangerous for example in my view.

If your after the full truth it may be possible that no All-powerful creator God exists, but whether it does or not it seems highly likely that if it exists it is to blame for the faults of it's creatures much the same way an engineer is responsible for faulty products inside it's control. Have you considered that maybe your God has some karmic debt towards it's creatures if it created them? If there are consequences for actions what are the consequences for your God for creating defects then throwing the defective into hell?

...And that consequences for actions do not exist. ...
I agree, it is not good, if people think that nothing really matters.

Eternal life is promised only for righteous, in the Bible. And people will reap what they sow.

Don't be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that will he also reap.
Gal. 6:7

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

I do not think Karma is compatible with Christianity, as the former assumes reincarnation.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Part of New Age is getting away from the perceived oppression of worshipping in an organized religion.

As part of this - a lot of beliefs of organized religion end up shunned in New Age.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you should define some of your terms such as hell and karma.
In this context, I didn't find it necessary.

I'm confident @Starlight and I have varying definitions of the terms, especially hell, but I don't think it's at all relevant to the topic.

For instance, I would guess based on the different paradigms that for @Starlight may define hell as a place, whereas I define hell as a state of mind. The relevance isn't at all in the definitions, but the conditions the word implies.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
How does that work?
The concept of karma is merely causality...cause > effect. One can accept the concept without any sort of belief in rebirth or reincarnation or even a belief in afterlife. Favorable actions bring favorable consequence; unfavorable actions bring unfavorable consequence. There is no need for a belief in multiple lives for the concept of karma to "work."

Audie

Veteran Member

How did you find out what is " true"?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
The concept of karma is merely causality...cause > effect. One can accept the concept without any sort of belief in rebirth or reincarnation or even a belief in afterlife. Favorable actions bring favorable consequence; unfavorable actions bring unfavorable consequence. There is no need for a belief in multiple lives for the concept of karma to "work."
Huh. What I read about it (granted, not much) was that it influenced your next life, so reincarnation was part of it. Either way it sounds a bit silly to me.

danieldemol

Premium Member
In this context, I didn't find it necessary.

I'm confident @Starlight and I have varying definitions of the terms, especially hell, but I don't think it's at all relevant to the topic.

For instance, I would guess based on the different paradigms that for @Starlight may define hell as a place, whereas I define hell as a state of mind. The relevance isn't at all in the definitions, but the conditions the word implies.
I believe the definitions are relevant if one is for example going to assert there is a place called hell like the OP appears to then throw around the term lies for the beliefs of others

Madsaac

I think it's because it's all relative, what actions deserve what consequences?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe the definitions are relevant if one is for example going to assert there is a place called hell like the OP appears to then throw around the term lies for the beliefs of others
The OP never mentions "place." You simply made that assumption.