• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dishing is horrible, but...

apophenia

I feel like I should clarify that "internship" was a bad translation. I dont know what its called in english, but its basically a job trial where you see how you react in different situations. So in this case I have the option to talk to them about it and work out a solution.

OK. Forgive me if I came across a bit harsh, I wrote it with a smile. But seriously, there is a zone you can get into to do anything. I remember many years ago working in a food packing/processing place a few shifts per week. Sometimes I had to put plastic liner bags inside hession sacks. 5000 at a time. At times like that, chanting is ideal. What could be mind-numbing boredom becomes a blissed out altered state.

Zen is not just for monks and rich kids :D

Kerr

OK. Forgive me if I came across a bit harsh, I wrote it with a smile. But seriously, there is a zone you can get into to do anything. I remember many years ago working in a food packing/processing place a few shifts per week. Sometimes I had to put plastic liner bags inside hession sacks. 5000 at a time. At times like that, chanting is ideal. What could be mind-numbing boredom becomes a blissed out altered state.

Zen is not just for monks and rich kids :D
Lol, yeah, but I have not yet come there. Sometimes I can freak out over something as banal as if a store doesnt have the right bread :p.

EDIT:

And by freak out I mostly mean becoming terribly confused and not running around screaming, lol.