• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disgusting political ad

lizskid

BANNED
beckysoup61 said:
I thought the 'continue the legacy of Ronald Reagan' was a bit much. He's dead, and he doesn't have much of a legacy, does he?

Actually, yes, he does. Mental confusion (not an Alzheimer's joke), being asleep at the wheel, and allowing (with full knowledge) the AIDS epidemic in America to grow astronomically! Sounds to me like we already have his legasy back, if you ask me!

A

angellous_evangellous

Maize said:
values.JPG

A dark skinned hand over a white female's face, possibly about to rape the woman?

So the message here is that Democrats want black men to rape your white wife, so you should go vote Republican and stop them?

Disgusting.

The flip side of the ad tells us nothing about what vaules it deems to be in jeopardy, but the front side tells us much about the Republican party's values.

It's a KKK poster for freedom of speech.

A

angellous_evangellous

Actually, it looks like an American Indian hand to me...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Somehow, I doubt my values and the republican's values are the same.
Anyone else notice that her pupils are square?

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Maize said:
I don't think it's intent was to be racist, but to rather play on fears about race. A minor point? Probably.

Very little happens by chance in these things . If the hand was too dark , people would notice on a conscious level , and likely be truned off by it . By having the hand slightly darker , it plays on racist , on a subconscious level .

BTW , fear is the only trick the Republicans know , isn't it ????

M

Majikthise

I'm white and my hands are easily that dark, if not darker.:rolleyes:

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Maybe she is covering her own mouth? Perhaps she just has man hands. I mean the ad is so completely vague and dumb you could really come up with just about any conclusion you wanted.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
It's no more disgusting than democrats saying that republicans who vote against fetal stem cell research, wants people to suffer from disease. Or that those in Georgia who don't vote democrat will see their civil rights ended. Actually I think the exact words used in the radio add were, "if you think that being attacked by dogs and firehoses was bad, wait until Republicans are allowed to sontinue their majority". Then they said that you life (i.e. African American in the community) depended upon not allowing republicans to be voted into office. The there was the case a few years ago in Alabama, where democrats said that a republican vote was a vote in favor of burning churches. This si really very tame considering the stuff that democrats have done in the past and present.

PureX

Veteran Member
BUDDY said:
It's no more disgusting than democrats saying that republicans who vote against fetal stem cell research, wants people to suffer from disease. Or that those in Georgia who don't vote democrat will see their civil rights ended. Actually I think the exact words used in the radio add were, "if you think that being attacked by dogs and firehoses was bad, wait until Republicans are allowed to sontinue their majority". Then they said that you life (i.e. African American in the community) depended upon not allowing republicans to be voted into office. The there was the case a few years ago in Alabama, where democrats said that a republican vote was a vote in favor of burning churches. This si really very tame considering the stuff that democrats have done in the past and present.
I wonder if you actually saw these ads, or if you just heard about them from the professional liars in the right wing media. No offense, but these sound a lot like the kind of slander that the media muck-rakers make up. I would suspect that if there really were an ad that said: "if you think that being attacked by dogs and firehoses was bad, wait until Republicans are allowed to continue their majority" it would have been plastered all over the news just like the ad about Ford was. It's also very poorly worded, which isn't something professional advertising people are likely to do.

Also, why would democrats say: "a republican vote was a vote in favor of burning churches"? The republicans are in bed with the religious zealots, so why would they be burning churches? It doesn't make any sense.

Yerda

Veteran Member
My immediate impression is that the ad is just nonsense.

Family values! Honestly!?

Tens of thousands of people are homeless, tens of millions poor, abusive laws are being drawn up, persecution and segregation are still problems, your government is spying on you, people in other countries are being murdered to appease a tiny minority of interests, religious fanaticism is rampant, and the add is concerned about the one place the government has no real say.

M

Majikthise

Jaiket said:
My immediate impression is that the ad is just nonsense.

Family values! Honestly!?

Tens of thousands of people are homeless, tens of millions poor, abusive laws are being drawn up, persecution and segregation are still problems, your government is spying on you, people in other countries are being murdered to appease a tiny minority of interests, religious fanaticism is rampant, and the add is concerned about the one place the government have no real say.

I wish I was as happy and carefree as you.:p

Yerda

Veteran Member
Majikthise said:
I wish I was as happy and carefree as you.:p
Ah, you always make me laugh my good man....

...and not just at your entry in the 'post your pic' thread. :p :D

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Maize said:
A dark skinned hand over a white female's face, possibly about to rape the woman?

So the message here is that Democrats want black men to rape your white wife, so you should go vote Republican and stop them?

Disgusting.

The flip side of the ad tells us nothing about what vaules it deems to be in jeopardy, but the front side tells us much about the Republican party's values.
The hand does look darker to me, and I agree that the innuendo here is rape. But the makers of the ad were smart enough to keep the hand light enough that we can't say for sure (but dark enough to appeal to subconscious fears). Everything is implied, not explicitly stated.

Speaking of disgusting political ads with racial/sexual undertones, there was that tv ad in Tennessee targeting african-american Dem Harold Ford, Jr. The tv spot had a blonde white woman flirtatiously asking Ford to "call me." There was no content to the ad whatsoever, just an appeal to the fear of the possibility of a black man "taking" a white woman. But again, everything is implied and the GOP makers of the ad insisted that's not what they meant. Well what did they mean then? :sarcastic

Between the macaca statement and all this I'd say that racism is alive and well. And it's scary how blatantly in the open it is. It's disgusting.