• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion: Sunstone's Huge Win Over Doppleganger in Their One on One Debate: "Love is Possessive"

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Great job Sunstone, sometimes you can win without even trying, and thats exactly what you amazingly pulled of in that one.

What bothers me is why was this a subject for debate in the first place, wasn't it obvious enough?

And why would anybody debate Sunstone?

Well, in any case, congratulations on your victory, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Badran, I have long believed you to be a man of exceptional insight and understanding, unlike that fool,. Doppleganger. My impression of your wisdom and keen intelligence is only reinforced today by your congratulatory remarks. Thank you so much! I only wish I was not out of frubals!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Good job, my dearest. You're kicking his butt almost as ferociously as I do. :clap

Thank you, my love! There was a moment there when the issue seemed in doubt. But then I wrote the OP and all was immediately lost for the scoundrel, Doppleganger.

blackout

Violet.
It is obvious, Sunstone, that your love for your thread runs deep.

However, in a show of TRUE love,
you would lock the OP now,
that no one may ever
have even the opportunity
to comment negatively on her.
Or enter her halls.

...and Most Especially that Doppelganger fellow.
I hear he's scandalous with the ladies,
unlacing threads and such.
He may steal her away from you.
You ... never.... never... know....

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
I can't help but root for the underdog....

But he truly has lost this one!

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I've got to side with dopp on this one. True love is not possessive. If it were possessive, it's not true love. That doesn't mean there can't be agreements, like "we truly love each other and are monogamous, so we agree not to sleep with others".

But true love doesn't cling, isn't jealous, isn't controlling, and desires what is best for both the other person and the self.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't actually read any of the posts in that thread, but I did notice that Sunstone has way more posts and that his are longer than Doppelganger's, so Phil is obviously winning.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course, as always, we wont know who the real winner is until we see who has the last word.

Bismillah

Submit
Haha too funny, but I will have to side with Sunstone love is always possessive as it is always exclusive.

Last edited:

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I'm possessive, territorial, and controlling. It works great!
eyemouth.gif