• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion: Atheism and the Body, Ideas as Cancer or Perception Precedes Evidence

I want to limit this discussion among Atheists and Abrahamic (Jews, Christians, Muslims, Mormons). But that is just a preference, anyone can reply.

Now, what if I told you the problem of Atheism wasn't a Problem of Evidence or Logic but was a problem of body? What do I mean by that? I tell you a truth, Atheists when confronted with ideas which contradict their world view feel as if they are becoming empty or being eaten away by a cancer. They literally have a physical reaction when confronted with ideas and because they do not have perspective, they think everyone's body is like theirs. It is not.

Let me describe to them what my body feels like and what the body of sincere theists feel like (insincere theists feel what Atheists feel as well, this is the opposite side of the same coin). I feel my soul all over my body with every breath, I am more than my soul as I feel it grow and contract. My soul is not in my brain or my heart, rather it is all over growing and contracting with every breath. When I do good, or meet someone who has taught me something, or when I learn and explore something...I feel this soul grow and become bigger and stronger. That is why I always say, which I feel in my heart, "I love you (spiritually," because you have helped me immensely with your sincerity.

So, when I read a Holy Book (The Bible, The Quran, the Book of Mormon, Sutras, Gitas) I literally feel this soul inside me leap up with joy; it's not an emotion, it is a physical feeling and that physical feeling makes me feel joy. Or when I meet a wise man, a musician, an artist, a writer or painter who is filled with the Holiness of exploration even if their ideas aren't my own this soul grows. In other words, a changing of ideas, especially new and novel ones is always a time of celebration.

Now, let us go back to the Atheist. They don't feel this. When confronted with an idea they literally feel anxious, and they feel they are becoming nothing, and they feel that a cancer has struck them and their body is being eaten away. The problem cannot be fixed, it is how they have been all their lives and that is all they know.

Then going further when they see a miracle they assume they have gone mad, they are crazy. Why? Because that body feels like they are being eaten away, so it is maddening. Hence, when they overreact to a thought, the rest of us with better bodies know is true, it is because they want to violently destroy that which gives them cancer. They literally feel they are dying, so in their logic what would be wrong with fighting back.

Then there is sex which they do not understand. They see it as status, procreation, as fertility; they see it in the bases terms. And when we say, "sex is sacred to us with our soulmates don't debase it." They think we are prudes. But when we have sex, we feel our soul meld with another person of the opposite gender. We feel something outside of our body, for baseless sex is just five second thrill and they keep chasing that five seconds because that is the only time the cancer goes away. Where for us, it is a fun, joyful moment of intimacy where we are uplifted to greater awareness.

Don't think you can convince and Atheist, their problem is not their mind it is their body. Just know what you experience as normal is not what they experience as normal. And look at all their reactions after this.

What a load of poop

Pudding

Now, what if I told you the problem of Atheism wasn't a Problem of Evidence or Logic but was a problem of body? What do I mean by that? I tell you a truth, Atheists when confronted with ideas which contradict their world view feel as if they are becoming empty or being eaten away by a cancer. They literally have a physical reaction when confronted with ideas and because they do not have perspective, they think everyone's body is like theirs. It is not.

Let me describe to them what my body feels like and what the body of sincere theists feel like (insincere theists feel what Atheists feel as well, this is the opposite side of the same coin). I feel my soul all over my body with every breath, I am more than my soul as I feel it grow and contract. My soul is not in my brain or my heart, rather it is all over growing and contracting with every breath. When I do good, or meet someone who has taught me something, or when I learn and explore something...I feel this soul grow and become bigger and stronger. That is why I always say, which I feel in my heart, "I love you (spiritually," because you have helped me immensely with your sincerity.

So, when I read a Holy Book (The Bible, The Quran, the Book of Mormon, Sutras, Gitas) I literally feel this soul inside me leap up with joy; it's not an emotion, it is a physical feeling and that physical feeling makes me feel joy. Or when I meet a wise man, a musician, an artist, a writer or painter who is filled with the Holiness of exploration even if their ideas aren't my own this soul grows. In other words, a changing of ideas, especially new and novel ones is always a time of celebration.
Please provide evidence to support your statements (which i have underlined them) if you wish to convince me to believe that your statements are correct.

Now, let us go back to the Atheist. They don't feel this.
My definition for "atheist": A person who don't have the belief that either at least one monotheistic god or at least one non-monotheistic god exists.

I'm an atheist, i have the belief that soul exists base on some of my gut feelings, i have a very small amounts of confidence about that belief. I do not have any intention to convince any people to believe soul exists.

When confronted with an idea they literally feel anxious, and they feel they are becoming nothing, and they feel that a cancer has struck them and their body is being eaten away. The problem cannot be fixed, it is how they have been all their lives and that is all they know.

Then going further when they see a miracle they assume they have gone mad, they are crazy. Why? Because that body feels like they are being eaten away, so it is maddening. Hence, when they overreact to a thought, the rest of us with better bodies know is true, it is because they want to violently destroy that which gives them cancer. They literally feel they are dying, so in their logic what would be wrong with fighting back.

Then there is sex which they do not understand. They see it as status, procreation, as fertility; they see it in the bases terms. And when we say, "sex is sacred to us with our soulmates don't debase it." They think we are prudes. But when we have sex, we feel our soul meld with another person of the opposite gender. We feel something outside of our body, for baseless sex is just five second thrill and they keep chasing that five seconds because that is the only time the cancer goes away. Where for us, it is a fun, joyful moment of intimacy where we are uplifted to greater awareness.

Don't think you can convince and Atheist, their problem is not their mind it is their body. Just know what you experience as normal is not what they experience as normal. And look at all their reactions after this.
Please provide evidence to support your statements (which i have underlined them) if you wish to convince me to believe that your statements are correct.

If you wish to convince me to believe that your statements are correct but if you cannot provide any evidence to support your statements, then to me, your statements are just baseless, please understand i have no reason to believe in your baseless statements.

Last edited:

Spideymon77

A Smiling Empty Soul
If Scientist concluded, "the Soul," is real...atheists would clammer on, "Yes, there is a soul but there is no God."

I'm sure there would be a few out there. If scientists did conclude there was a soul, I would definitely question my beliefs. I'm open to admitting I'm wrong.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I want to limit this discussion among Atheists and Abrahamic (Jews, Christians, Muslims, Mormons). But that is just a preference, anyone can reply.

Now, let us go back to the Atheist. They don't feel this. When confronted with an idea they literally feel anxious, and they feel they are becoming nothing, and they feel that a cancer has struck them and their body is being eaten away. The problem cannot be fixed, it is how they have been all their lives and that is all they know.

Complete rubbish. You actually have zero idea about how anybody else feels about anything, and reading your post suggests that you haven't really got a great grasp on your own feelings.

Here's an alert for you: the most "spiritual" feeling anyone will ever feel is the realization that you are a finite part of an infinite reality. Everything you may need to understand about how to use that limited reality you have is derivable from that one thing. What you don't use, you lose.

Riders

So, when I read a Holy Book (The Bible, The Quran, the Book of Mormon, Sutras, Gitas) Then you said only those of Abraham faith and ATheists, so your labeling yourself as Abraham faith and you read these books? The Bhagavad Gita is a book I have at home which is Hindu.

Hindus are no Abraham faith, I've ben to the Hari Krishna Temple. Actually I met a few ATheists who chose Atheism and went to the Tempel to do rituals read the Gita and chant yes you can do that.

Hindus worship more then One God which means not Abrahamic, Abrahamic is one God and some people including Hindus call Hindus Pagan . Are you speaking of Buddhist Sutras? I know you cant be. I belong to a Zen group and a Theraveda Buddhist group whoread the sutras together and actually 80 percent of them are ATheist.

Are you out of your mind? ABarahamic is Christian Muslim Jewish and Mormon.

Riders

As a Hindu, I firmly and entirely reject everything that was said in the OP.
(Gita was mentioned, so I was forced to comment). Atheists can be perfectly emotionally, bodily and spiritually healthy individuals who simply have a different worldview due to their different experiences and mold of character. I have as many theist friends as atheists and there is nothing wrong with them. I firmly denounce all those religions that try to paint the human condition and specifically those who reject their faith as diseased or compromised. The problem lies with those who think this way, not the ones who are usually their scapegoats.

Thankyou you just made my point. I'm a UNitarian Universalist. But reading the Gita now, and am a Zen Buddhist but would like to know more about Hinduism.

Riders

I can usually create these feelings of oneness, of spiritual joy. I remember hearing that if you laugh out loud, it doesn't matter if are sad/depressed. Your body will physically react to the act of laughing and you will feel happy.

On A conscious level we are aware of maybe at best, 5% of whats going on in our brain. The other 95% is a mystery to our conscious self. If with my 5% of control on the brain I can create these feelings of joy, euphoria, oneness I think it kind of obvious the "subconscious" mind is capable of this without my conscious self willing it. There's also something called the God helmet that can induce the feeling of meeting God our at least experiencing a physical presence. Of course drugs can cause these feelings.

So this doesn't disprove God but shows me that a God isn't necessary to cause such feelings.

I feel all of the "spiritual" things you do. However I feel the subconscious mind is capable of creating these experiences. So I am a skeptic. I question the origin of these feelings. I don't see them, by themselves, being sufficient proof of a God.

Not only that But I get anything and everything I need by feeling all my senses and being awake to my surroundings and at one with myself and at one with Mother nature when I meditate and there are many ATheists who meditate and are Zen Buddhists. SO they experience all enlightenment and being at peace and one with ourselves.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Thankyou you just made my point. I'm a UNitarian Universalist. But reading the Gita now, and am a Zen Buddhist but would like to know more about Hinduism.
Read the Gita. Ask any question either in interfaith or Hindu DIR forum. :)

Riders

I apologize, sir, all Abrahamic welcome. I also include Rastafarians. I didn't list all Abrahamic just examples. H

The reason I am doing that is not to exclude, but the Darmic and Shamanic religions know this. I learned this from real life experiences with them. So, I'm only introducing it to Abrahamic. Yoga, Meditation, Chakra, Tantric, Dance, Movement are all getting to a point where you feel, literally feel the soul. It's not an emotion.

We don't need any sympathy or your acceptance of us as Abrahamic. I have a Yoga group that has a Zen meditation poetry group and they also do Yoga , and none of us consider ourselves to be Abrahamic nor do we need help feeling our souls>
Whats the point of this? WHat is the point of this thread? I am at one with nature through meditation, I have no need to feel my soul feel God, I know all the Gods and goddesses, so why with all this feeling the soul feeling God all over you, I;ve never known anyone to express a desire for that.

Well when I was in the Pentecostal church, they were about emotions.This whole thread strikes me as inappropriate.

So what does the ATheists body do when it has reaction, do they throw up, start laughing, have a heart attack, how many people have you put in the hospital?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Okay, you seem to be elevating emotion above logic. That is not evidence, that is not a sound argument, that is not a valid conclusion. Sorry.
I can listen to songs of praise in multiple languages (even if I can't speak them) and feel a sense of euphoria. But this isn't evidence of anything, rather there is some sort of emotional connection happening. I'm sure my more learned peers can explain that using Biology.
But that is just the other side of the coin. They think, they explain, they examine. It's natural curiosity and skepticism. I personally find that much more important than you seem to. Because they don't just go with what they feel, they think about the implications. For a lack of a better phrase, they use their brains.

Now, my sect focuses on experiences. Kind of specifically even. Connecting with God emotionally, physically and intimately. That's sort of the point. Talk is cheap and all that. But see, you seem to dehumanize atheists. Claiming they cannot feel the same things you feel. We don't. Because this is sheer arrogance and kind of despicable. Of course Atheists can feel the same things you feel, they may encounter similar circumstances and experience the feelings of their respective souls. They're human beings, mate. But they may be more scientific in their approach when interpreting those feelings. And like it or not, Science deals with cold hard fact. Logic.

Also, an atheist can value sex. Just because they may have sex before marriage doesn't mean they devalue sex.

Your argument is weak, antagonistic, illogical, emotional and highly unconvincing. And I say that as a theist.

Also as someone who watched someone slowly die of cancer, I find it quite frankly disgusting to use that as an analogy of atheism in general. This isn't the YouTube comment section.

Last edited:

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason

Have you even bothered to research the etymology of the term 'soul?' Your views seem very sophomoric!

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Riders

That does sound interesting. I have been in a Yoga class through second le the virtual reality game and heard them talk about Brahman.Id like to hear more, Ill ask some questions tomarrow in Hindu Dir.

it is also how *some* religions manage to de-humanize those that disagree: deny that they have ordinary human emotions and thoughts.

Eaten up oh that cancer that people see, where the cancerous defend you because they cannot help but spread the cancer. Beautiful day. Beautiful day. All but you that see.

That does sound interesting. I have been in a Yoga class through second le the virtual reality game and heard them talk about Brahman.Id like to hear more, Ill ask some questions tomarrow in Hindu Dir.

This is your defender. Yoga as exercise instead of spirituality. Funny, Funny mockery. Let us all rejoice for no one responds because they see and you are left blind like Jesus Christ said, "Those who have less will be given less those who have more will be given more," what a truth and what a mockery to you.

Riders

This is your defender. Yoga as exercise instead of spirituality. Funny, Funny mockery. Let us all rejoice for no one responds because they see and you are left blind like Jesus Christ said, "Those who have less will be given less those who have more will be given more," what a truth and what a mockery to you.

Uh no, the Yoga classes at Cosmic Café are spiritual meditation classes instead of the physical. You are way off base. But we take a spiritual poetry group together and read Rumi, Rumi was a UNiversal Suffi poet who wrote about spirituality from all the religions.So its very spiritual.

Riders

Butif you know anything about Yoga its not just exercise, Yoga exercise and meditation and chanting are all spiritu, taking care of my body is a part of my spirituality.

Riders

Butif you know anything about Yoga its not just exercise, Yoga exercise and meditation and chanting are all spiritual, taking care of my body is a part of my spirituality.