• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AiR

Most of us in the world are trying to search for happiness. There are so many books that talk about the pursuit of happiness and how to be happy or that list out the different methods to be happy, wherein in reality, happiness is within us.

We don’t have to go looking for happiness. We have to realize it. It is within us. The discovery of happiness is not an external feature. Most of us become happy with external factors, but that is not happiness. It is only temporary happiness. It is temporary because we are happy for that moment, but when that condition changes or is removed, the happiness vanishes. Therefore, that is not true happiness. It is temporary. We all have expectations and when the expectations are fulfilled, we are happy. When are not fulfilled, we are disappointed and unhappy. Only as long as our expectations are being fulfilled, we remain happy. The moment our expectations are not fulfilled, we become unhappy.

Imagine turning this around – instead of depending on things, circumstances, and people to make us happy, what if we are able to discover the truth that true happiness is actually within us and we don’t have to go anywhere or to anyone or do anything special to be happy? If only we realize and discover it, we will be able to be happy all the time.

This realization is the truth of who we are – Who are we? Why are we here? What is the purpose of life? If we can discover these answers, then we will discover the happiness within, and the happiness that’s discovered within is Ananda, joy, or bliss – this happiness is everlasting, and it will never go away! Today, start discovering the true happiness within you.

AiR

allfoak

Alchemist
What method do you recommend?
I would recommend the binge and purge approach. :)

That is the question that everyone wants answered.
I am afraid the method sir is something that is either completely elusive to most or completely impossible for the rest to find.
It is said that only the few find it.
It is hidden within us and to find it we must first have faith that it is there.
This is how it begins.

Last edited:

allfoak

Alchemist
People do an awful lot of searching for something they always have with them.

The method to happiness.
Sounds like another book title to add to the no help section.

I don't see anyone posting any methods.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Most of us in the world are trying to search for happiness. There are so many books that talk about the pursuit of happiness and how to be happy or that list out the different methods to be happy, wherein in reality, happiness is within us.

We don’t have to go looking for happiness. We have to realize it. It is within us. The discovery of happiness is not an external feature. Most of us become happy with external factors, but that is not happiness. It is only temporary happiness. It is temporary because we are happy for that moment, but when that condition changes or is removed, the happiness vanishes. Therefore, that is not true happiness. It is temporary. We all have expectations and when the expectations are fulfilled, we are happy. When are not fulfilled, we are disappointed and unhappy. Only as long as our expectations are being fulfilled, we remain happy. The moment our expectations are not fulfilled, we become unhappy.

Imagine turning this around – instead of depending on things, circumstances, and people to make us happy, what if we are able to discover the truth that true happiness is actually within us and we don’t have to go anywhere or to anyone or do anything special to be happy? If only we realize and discover it, we will be able to be happy all the time.

This realization is the truth of who we are – Who are we? Why are we here? What is the purpose of life? If we can discover these answers, then we will discover the happiness within, and the happiness that’s discovered within is Ananda, joy, or bliss – this happiness is everlasting, and it will never go away! Today, start discovering the true happiness within you.

AiR

The purpose of life is the transmission of genetic information. Does it make me happy?

Yes. Without it, I would not be here.

Ciao

- viole

AiR

What method do you recommend?
The method I recommend is “to go within”. When you go within, you understand and experience everlasting happiness. One can go within through silence, which means to switch off the mind. By doing so, one will be able to tame the monkey of the mind that keeps jumping aimlessly from one thought to another. Like a popcorn machine, the mind keeps popping thoughts. In a state of thoughtlessness, that is when you stop the mind from thinking, then you start your journey within. Try doing this when the world is sleeping – late hours in the night or early hours in the morning without any other distraction. When you start going in and contemplating on thoughts like who am I and why am I here, then you experience a bliss that is beyond words. Those who have gone within experience the everlasting happiness that it brings. Please try this, and you will be able to find the answer to this question.

SpeaksForTheTrees

The method I recommend is “to go within”. When you go within, you understand and experience everlasting happiness. One can go within through silence, which means to switch off the mind. By doing so, one will be able to tame the monkey of the mind that keeps jumping aimlessly from one thought to another. Like a popcorn machine, the mind keeps popping thoughts. In a state of thoughtlessness, that is when you stop the mind from thinking, then you start your journey within. Try doing this when the world is sleeping – late hours in the night or early hours in the morning without any other distraction. When you start going in and contemplating on thoughts like who am I and why am I here, then you experience a bliss that is beyond words. Those who have gone within experience the everlasting happiness that it brings. Please try this, and you will be able to find the answer to this question.
In other words enter a sleep depraved state of deliria and giggle yourself to sleep .

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Youre right - true happiness is rare - for most people it is very circumstantial & fleeting.

I like the Dalai Lama's prescription - if you wanna be happy practice compassion.

Enjoy our day!

Satyamavejayanti

Namaste,

I like the post, sounds much like the yoga advised by Sadguru Jaggi Vasudev, can i ask if your familiar with his Darshan?. or is there another type of yoga that you recommend that can be a method to inner well being?.

Are you a Yoga practitioner?

Dhanyavad

AiR

Namaste,

I like the post, sounds much like the yoga advised by Sadguru Jaggi Vasudev, can i ask if your familiar with his Darshan?. or is there another type of yoga that you recommend that can be a method to inner well being?.

Are you a Yoga practitioner?

Dhanyavad

I believe that one can derive happiness from yoga, but yoga is not what most of the people in this world consider it to be. Yoga is not just physical gymnastics. Yoga is union with God, and one can create this union with God through four distinct methods: Karma Yoga – union through action, Bhakti Yoga – union through devotion, Jnana Yoga – union through education and wisdom, and Raja Yoga – union through mediation. This is the yoga that I believe in.

Satyamavejayanti

I believe that one can derive happiness from yoga, but yoga is not what most of the people in this world consider it to be. Yoga is not just physical gymnastics. Yoga is union with God, and one can create this union with God through four distinct methods: Karma Yoga – union through action, Bhakti Yoga – union through devotion, Jnana Yoga – union through education and wisdom, and Raja Yoga – union through mediation. This is the yoga that I believe in.

Namaste,

Dhanyavad for the reply, and i also agree with you that Yoga is more then just the physical component.

I do differ on one note, that yoga is union with "God", the word "God" is loaded with misconceptions, just like many people assume Yoga to be physical "gymnastics", there are concepts of "God", that exclude any union of "Man", and "God",. I would say Yoga is to unify our Atma with our Body and Mind, as you have rightly elaborated about Karma, Bhakti, Jnana and Raja - each of these type of Yoga does not assume a union with any "God", at least not a concept of God that is exclusive in nature. Hindus generally do not have a problem when we say that "Yoga is union with God", but that is because our philosophy and Dharmah has got a different idea of what this "God", means. But for "discovering happiness within" no external "God", is required and this can be a problem with those that believe in a exclusive external God.

Anyways, Thanks for the reply.