• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dirty weekend in Bali?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Oh, I thought they were just missing your sarcasm, ie, sarchasm.
Thank you. Finally I get it, sarchasm means sarcasm others didn't get. True that was not the case

I don't know why they missed out what I said. But bottom line, I just mean what I say. Rarely I make jokes, but I will tell "it's a joke" to not get misinterpretation (esp. on social media; not seeing facial expressions makes this easily happen anyway)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The code will not apply immediately but takes a maximum of three years to transition from the old code to the new one
Just for context

Nice and friendly gesture (to give the people 3 years to get used to the new Law)
Just for context

This is not sarcasm?
No, my thoughts when writing that were: I think it's horrible and unfair to get jailed, because they were unaware of the change of the Law.

So, giving three years seems correct here.
AS
People also need to curb sex addictions and or sex habits. To stop such a habit takes time, so 3 years might be too little even (took me many many years to change my addiction...eating non-veg, salty, excess etc)

Having gone through changing habits (addictions) myself I know others need time also

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Just for context

Just for context

No, my thoughts when writing that were: I think it's horrible and unfair to get jailed, because they were unaware of the change of the Law.

So, giving three years seems correct here.
AS
People also need to curb sex addictions and or sex habits. To stop such a habit takes time, so 3 years might be too little even (took me many many years to change my addiction...eating non-veg, salty, excess etc)

Having gone through changing habits (addictions) myself I know others need time also
What habit - dirty sex? Perhaps you didn't grasp the title was just a colloquial way of mentioning this new law. Anyway, they will probably quietly drop this proposal when enough people complain.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I "never" think of sarcasm reading replies to which I reply, and "never" reply sarcastic myself (sarcasm is not me at all anymore, I even have to look up the meaning each time (that's how alien sarcasm is to me now) ). 40 years ago I used sarcasm, because I had fear to speak directly. Now I rather say what I mean, so no false interpretation possible

I'm "always" serious in posting and replying. I just highlighted that I don't like people twist my words and then attack my words, actually their words

I didn't twist your words. You just spoke out in favour of a piece of legislation without considering it's impact.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/12/08/indonesia-new-criminal-code-disastrous-rights

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Then my original questions stand, and remained unanswered.
What are your views on the impact of this law on gay couples? Do you care?
What is your opinion about cohabitation of monogomous couples who aren't married more generally?

You can argue that you don't support the legislation or you do. But if you do, some might ask questions. I'm doing so clearly and simply.

For reference:

Indonesia's new criminal code isn't just about sex outside marriage. It endangers press and religious freedom