• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dinosaurs

Seconde

Hi everyone,

I've always wondered whether Christiand believe dinosaurs existed. The latest news showed a skull dated 66 million years ago. A load of bog-wash?:areyoucra

An Earth 6000 years old, according to the Bible, contrasting to a fossil 66 million years old.

Any opinions?:bonk:

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
An Earth 6,000 years old - i've heard other estimates ranging from 4,000 to 10,000, that point is irrelevant mind. Since i'm not a Chrisitan i can only speel what i've been told before.

1. Some Christians don't believe in dinosaurs, they think scientists are all liars.
2. Others believe dinosaurs were in the bible, see Leviathon and Behemoth.
3. Others still believe that the Earth is not 6,000 years old, that figure being calculated by adding up all the ages of all the generations of men listed in the OT, but is in fact millions of years old. Each day in the bible lasted millions of years, man was created on the sixth day so that leaves 5 days for a whole load of weird crap to have lived and died on Earth before God created Man.

As a side note, since fossils show mankind to be at most 2.5 million years old, and considering each day must last 571.5 million years each (4 billion divided by 7) and God rested on the seventh day - then God must have gone to sleep near the end of the OT and won't wake up for a long time, hence why he never comes down to say hello anymore.

Dinogrrl

peeb!
I don't see how /anyone/ can not believe dinosaurs existed. Of course, this is someone who plans to make a living off of those very creatures.

And, as stated above, not all Christians believe in the 6,000-10,000 year age of the earth.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Seconde said:
Hi everyone,

I've always wondered whether Christiand believe dinosaurs existed. The latest news showed a skull dated 66 million years ago. A load of bog-wash?:areyoucra

An Earth 6000 years old, according to the Bible, contrasting to a fossil 66 million years old.

I do not see why there is so much arguement of time. The measurement of time is MAN MADE. The bible says that to God 'a day is a 1000 years and 1000 years are as a day.'

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
EnhancedSpirit said:
I do not see why there is so much arguement of time. The measurement of time is MAN MADE. The bible says that to God 'a day is a 1000 years and 1000 years are as a day.'
Hi, ES - where does it say the above, in the bible ? (I don't disbelieve you - I have tried searching for it, and haven't found any reference):)

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
2 Peter 3:3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation." 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

PS KJV

anders

Dinogrrl said:
I don't see how /anyone/ can not believe dinosaurs existed. Of course, this is someone who plans to make a living off of those very creatures.

And, as stated above, not all Christians believe in the 6,000-10,000 year age of the earth.
I've never met a Christian who didn't believe in science. Until I found religious fora on the Internet, I didn't know that there existed people not believing in evolution.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
anders said:
I've never met a Christian who didn't believe in science. Until I found religious forums on the Internet, I didn't know that there existed people not believing in evolution.
If you want a real eye-opener, google up one of the "Evangelical" Christian sites, or as they are more commonly called, Fundamentalists.

TVOR

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
My grandmother says that the people in Noah's time were technologically advanced and cloned mutated animals, which would explain the dino bones. This made God angry, so he drowned them and all the animals, except the ones he created. I don't believe her, but I keep quiet to keep the peace...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
anders said:
I've never met a Christian who didn't believe in science. Until I found religious fora on the Internet, I didn't know that there existed people not believing in evolution.
Seems to me that the criterion for what's true these days is increasingly "believe whatever makes you happy". If science doesn't make you happy, then science can't be true, right?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
There are plenty of christians who belive both in dinosaurs, evolution and that the Earth is older than 6000 years.

wa:do

Betho_br

Hi everyone,

The Adam from the first chapter of Genesis is physically-evolutionary throughout the ages, while the Adam from the second chapter of Genesis is metaphysical. The two accounts also exhibit distinct stylistic characteristics.