• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

Muffled

Jesus in me
You think Jesus prayed to himself? Please tell us you're joking!
Obviously he prayed to God to open a communication link with him-
Jesus said- "I say nothing of my own accord, i only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)

And to get a power download-
"After Jesus spent the night in prayer, everybody tried to touch him because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:12-19)

I believe God prayed to Himself. Jesus prayed to the Father which confirms the previous stement.

I believe Jesus can only do this because He is God in the flesh.

I believe this is speculation. It is the fallacy of thinking that one event following another makes the two events connected.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus is not God in the flesh.Jesus is the Son of God the Almighty.God would never pray to Himself.That makes no sense at all.Prayer is something humans and only humans do.Angels never prayed to God.Prayers are for petitions and supplications.To ask things from God.Why would God need to ask Himself for something?

I believe citing something as fact is not proof that it is.

I believe you will have to provide evidence because my evidence says that He does.

I believe it makes sense and find it well within reason.

Again there is no evidence to support this view but if we are going to go there Jesus is at least recognizably human.

I don't remember any record of it but then we have very little information about angels.

I believe prayer covers a good deal more than that.

I believe Jesus asks for things because He is in a different position from the Father. Jesus is God in the felsh and the Father is not.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I always wonder about the genes represented in this scenario.
What sexual attribute is 'God' and what is Jesus ?
How did 'God' get his semen to Mary, I know by who, or what, but in what container ?
I know, I know....he willed it to be so....what was that angel's name...
was it Gabriel...I forgot...but he whispered into Mary's ear...why whisper ?
Anyway....about those genes....explain that to me again.....
I haven't read any of that for a while...maybe a Jewish version !
Did Paul write that part...I forgot...Who did write that part ?
~
Sorry...I'm rambling on again...just ignore me...I'm sure you will.
'mud

I believe, none.

I believe genetically speaking part is from Mary and part created.

I believe He did not.

I believe you actually learned something because that is exactly what took place.

I believe it was Gabriel.

I believe Luke wrote it based on interviews with Mary.

I believe the egg was supplied by Mary and the sperm was created by God and God breathed His own Spirit into the body.

I believe citing something as fact is not proof that it is.

I believe you will have to provide evidence because my evidence says that He does.

I believe it makes sense and find it well within reason.

Again there is no evidence to support this view but if we are going to go there Jesus is at least recognizably human.

I don't remember any record of it but then we have very little information about angels.

I believe prayer covers a good deal more than that.

I believe Jesus asks for things because He is in a different position from the Father. Jesus is God in the felsh and the Father is not.
Luke 18:19 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

Jesus is obviously telling them that he is not God and only God is good.

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
Luke 18:19 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

God in the flesh [John 1:14] while He was here on earth, but that does not mean The Lord Jesus Christ forgot His relationship with His Father [Jn 10:30 I and the Father are one.”]from eternity Jn 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Muff,
I guess that is as good as it gets.
But.....I'm still not sure of the basis of those genes ?
Is God a he/she/it ?
Say that fast and you'll be in trouble ?
Go on laugh.....it'll do you good !
~
But I'm still very, very curious, maybe Jesus has XX genes ?
It couldn't be YY genes could it ?
OH well...still curious !
~
'mud

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
hey Muff,
Is God a he/she/it ?
~
~
'mud
Father is a he and Son is a he also. Unless you call your mom a pop and sis a bro

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Jm,
Where does it say that ?
~
Somewhere in the scriptures I suppose, I forget !
~
'mud

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!

God in the flesh [John 1:14] while He was here on earth, but that does not mean The Lord Jesus Christ forgot His relationship with His Father [Jn 10:30 I and the Father are one.”]from eternity Jn 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

I take these quotes to mean that Jesus was a pan(en)thiest. ;) Not that Jesus was God by himself.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Outside of the natural void that once contained the singular and only original singularity,
there was the only and supreme Panentheist, called the Creator.
From Him came all, including the container that held Him, the ultimate Cosmos.
And He was called the immaculate incarnate god of all gods.
He was called 'I Am what I will be', Moses called Him 'God', and wrote a book about Him !
~
And that's as far as I can go, someone else have any answers ?
~
Just kidding......I guess !
~
'mud

idav

Being
Premium Member
Outside of the natural void that once contained the singular and only original singularity,
there was the only and supreme Panentheist, called the Creator.
From Him came all, including the container that held Him, the ultimate Cosmos.
And He was called the immaculate incarnate god of all gods.
He was called 'I Am what I will be', Moses called Him 'God', and wrote a book about Him !
~
And that's as far as I can go, someone else have any answers ?
~
Just kidding......I guess !
~
'mud

Pretty much, god is the light source and we are the lamp illuminating that power.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Pretty much, god is the light source and we are the lamp illuminating that power.
Some of us, including maybe myself are the lamp shade that is diffusing the light. I have faith and certainly have my moments but in general I just gum up the works. BTW what light does a pantheistic God display? Pantheism is one weird world view. Would you say you were an orthodox pantheist?

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe this means you can't prove your point.

I beleive Jesus does say He is good. So that means He must be God. Joh 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd layeth down his life for the sheep.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
hey Muff,
Is God a he/she/it ?
~
~
'mud

The Bible says God is a spirit. Gender is only significant in a body. So He would be a He in order to personalize Him not because He is male although in Jesus He is male.

That is what I have my wife for since I am usually much too serious a person.

Based on the way Jesus appeared to the disciples and the fact that they called Him son of God, I would be willing to believe it is XY.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
Of course Jesus is not God!
Check this-

"He asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven." (Matt 13:16/17)

See, if he really was God, he'd have corrected him.:)