• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus really have to die for our sins?

idav

Being
Premium Member
I have debated dozens of atheists repeatedly.
I see others also.
About two billion plus alive today plus another few billion over the last 2000 plus years.
More people believe otherwise which is why it is still debated.
Is your God so weak that he is restrained by your interpretation by what is logical or not?
No
Your wording is strange are you middle eastern.
What are you talking aboutl? No
So you have appointed yourself as the arbiter of what God can and cannot do.
No
You have a much smaller and weaker God than I do if he listens to what you decide he can do and apparently can't do what mine did.
Never said he couldn't just didn't seem logical to do so.
My God can assume human form and sacrifice his human body on my behalf if he chooses.
OK

I am humble enough to not dictate to others what God is allowed to do.
I never said god couldn't do anything. They were questions. All powerful could do plenty I'm sure.
Especially considering that he said he did so in the most respect book in human history.
Nice appeal to emotion.

To me God would be limiting himself to bring himself down to our level. It would be like god corrupting himself on purpose.

javajo

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not —to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” 1 Cor.1

F0uad

My God can assume human form and sacrifice his human body on my behalf if he chooses.I am humble enough to not dictate to others what God is allowed to do. Especially considering that he said he did so in the most respect book in human history.

Robin the idea is that the Soul carries the burden so how does a body fit the picture?

I also have questions regarding these verses i will qoute them all in the NIV translation since you like that one:

Galatians 6:5: for each one should carry his own load.

Romans 14:12: So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

1 Corinthians 3:8: The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labour.

Jeremiah 31:30: Instead, everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—their own teeth will be set on edge.

Deuteronomy 24:16, Ezekiel 18:4, Ezekiel 18:20 and there are off-course many more but you get the picture..

Jesus chose to die for the sins of the whole world! He didn't die in our stead, but he freely died to give all an access into his kingdom.

John 10:15-18

roberto

Jesus chose to die for the sins of the whole world! He didn't die in our stead, but he freely died to give all an access into his kingdom.

But how many denominational names do you see on the entrance to the new city/kingdom ?
Rev 21:10 He carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God...
Rev 21:12 having a great and high wall; having twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel.

So your question should be "how do I become part of the 12 tribes"
That is, if you want entry into the Kingdom ruled by a Jewish King ?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
But how many denominational names do you see on the entrance to the new city/kingdom ?
Rev 21:10 He carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God...
Rev 21:12 having a great and high wall; having twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel.

I've posted this repeatedly in the forum....no one seems to notice.

A Jewish king, in His Jewish kingdom...the language and the territory....
And some many call Him "Lord"?

But He never wanted a crown on His head...and would leave the discussion at distance, whenever such discourse came His way.

Of Himself He did say....'....brother and fellow servant'....

waitasec

Veteran Member
I've posted this repeatedly in the forum....no one seems to notice.

A Jewish king, in His Jewish kingdom...the language and the territory....
And some many call Him "Lord"?

But He never wanted a crown on His head...and would leave the discussion at distance, whenever such discourse came His way.

Of Himself He did say....'....brother and fellow servant'....
:spit:
gee i wonder why?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

His death was part of that process. It is by the very nature of God becoming fully human (including the mortality of death) that we are reconciled.

sojourner

Doesn't matter. How many names are written in the rolls of God's children?
We become part of the 12 tribes by adoption through Jesus.

sojourner

Into a Greek home perhaps not into a Jewish Kingdom.
Again: It doesn't matter. As Paul plainly and correctly points out, there is no more Jew of Greek, for all are one in Christ Jesus. And, as Matthew correctly infers, Xy is the true Israel. Therefore, all who follow Jesus are adopted into that family.

roberto

Again: It doesn't matter. As Paul plainly and correctly points out, there is no more Jew of Greek, for all are one in Christ Jesus. And, as Matthew correctly infers, Xy is the true Israel. Therefore, all who follow Jesus are adopted into that family.

Could you explain to me who you see as the bride of Yeshua.

Sorry, new to the group....that was the beginning question, by "The Sum of Awe" . I was commenting on his question, because I thought that was the origenal subject of this thread.

The kingdom is the Church Christ built. There is no darkness in Christ!
What do you mean "part of the 12 tribes"? Are you referring to the twelve apostles? I put on Christ by the obedience of repenting of past sins and was baptized into Christ and raised to walk by the word of God (new creature)!

His death was part of that process. It is by the very nature of God becoming fully human (including the mortality of death) that we are reconciled.

True! Jesus came in the flesh (mortal), Like sinful flesh. Jesus is truly God and has all authority over the church, but he is not God his Father. His Father who gave him "all" authority over the church was excepted who put all power under him.

F0uad

Can please someone answer my question??

If Jesus(p) is god and he took your sins as his burden, then hes soul took the burden since the soul carries the burden. Now according to the biblical teachings a soul cannot die but lets say in sack of argument hes soul did die, then God died and if hes soul didn't die the burdens are still there.

A good explanation please..