• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus Fulfill All The Messianic Prophecies?

DennisTate

Young woman.

I'd like to point out that the Septuagint uses the word parthenos to refer to Dinah, a victim of rape (not a virgin).

I challenge you, based on the fact that Dinah is called "parthenos" in Genesis 34:3, to find any English translation of the Bible that uses the word "virgin" in Genesis 34:3.

Interesting........
I am not the typical Christian or Messianic Gentile Noahide.....
I do not believe in the Orthodox Christian view of the "Virgin Birth."

I take very seriously the ideas expressed by a near death experiencer who was somehow
connected with one of the other children of Mary and Joseph......
Judas Didymus Thomas, (Doubting Thomas)....
His impression of what his mom from that lifetime did.... was
obey the Holy Spirit and go sleep with Joseph, while they were still merely engaged......
not yet one hundred percent married.......

The Essene Jewish engagement rituals were far more serious
than full fledged weddings in 99% of cultures.....
so I believe that the Holy Spirit doing this set the stage for
the Messianic Jewish / Messianic Gentile movement of the first and second centuries.....
to be sufficiently divorced from the Essenes... that they could reach out to Gentiles.......
much as the modern Noahide Movement does a basically great job of doing.......

We are going into the time of.....

Zechariah 8:23

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you."

This is the book that can get a significant percentage of potential
Christian Noahides out of the supposedly orthodox Virgin Birth doctrine.....
that obviously is an issue preventing Christians from becoming Noahides.....

The Thomas Book

If you click on the link...."Search Inside" and go to around page sixty or so... you will find Bruce F. MacDonald Ph. D's write up on this......

Muffled

Jesus in me
so, I guess I shouldn't be asking Christians or Jews about what they consider prophecy...:p:D

Seriously, what I am seeking (because I'm basically lazy and actually am not extremely interested in this, or I would go do my own research...) is a table that lists, in order as they appear in the OT, with one column for those that Judaism recognizes as prophecies and a second column with those that Christianity (or some subset thereof) deems to be prophecies...and a third column to explain how the two differ from each other, how and why the two differ as to whether or not the passage refers to the messiah or to someone/something else...

Such a table may already exist, and I haven't had the time yet to follow all the links that others have provided, but I thank everyone who has done so...:cool:

I believe I am not privy to Jewish views and I am too occupied to go look for them. I could provide the fulifilled prophecy listing from my Bible but that is a lot of work because there are so many.

Muffled

Jesus in me
There is inarguably more than one Messiah.. The idea that there is just one, (effectively a genocidal dictator), is amusingly absurd.

I believe life is often stranger than fiction so what you think is absurd is actually the case ie that there is just one.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why can't the Messiah be a woman?

I believe the personal pronoun tells us it is not:
Isa. 53:2 For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.