• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God start discrimination?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Assuming:
1. god exists
2. god made everything
3. god knows the future from the beginning

Then god is responsible for all future things. Sorry, god......
God made everything "by word". So "by thought". This means "God does not judge". Because "judge" = "thought" = "word" = New different Creation, AND it is still the same.

Milton Platt

God made everything "by word". So "by thought". This means "God does not judge". Because "judge" = "thought" = "word" = New different Creation, AND it is still the same.

I have no idea what the heck you said........or how it relates to my post.

stvdv

I have no idea what the heck you said........or how it relates to my post.
You were "assuming 1+2+3":
You made your line: Then god is responsible for all future things. Sorry, god......
I made my line: God made everything "by word". So "by thought". This means "God does not judge". Because "judge" = "thought" = "word" = New different Creation, AND it is still the same.

You did not fill in the "dots ...."
So I filled them in for myself

Can't explain my line any simpler. Sorry, Milton Platt. [maybe this helps, I used "Bible" definition of God .... in the beginning .... word ... do not judge etc]

Milton Platt

You were "assuming 1+2+3":
You made your line: Then god is responsible for all future things. Sorry, god......
I made my line: God made everything "by word". So "by thought". This means "God does not judge". Because "judge" = "thought" = "word" = New different Creation, AND it is still the same.

If he made everything, and he foreknows every action that will occur from his actions, then he is responsible for all outcomes. It is as simple as that. whatever that was you posted has no bearing on this fact.

stvdv

If he made everything, and he foreknows every action that will occur from his actions, then he is responsible for all outcomes. It is as simple as that. whatever that was you posted has no bearing on this fact.
Agreed, I never said "God is not responsible". I rather would say "God indeed is responsible for everything". I only added "God does not judge", that was all.

stvdv

We're cool, then!
With all the assumptions you made about God AND "God is responsible" THEN we would be fools to feel guilty about anything, correct?
So I really don't get it, that Christians talk about "Hell and Heaven", feeling guilty and stuff. That all is not logical if "God is responsible" IMO
It seems that Christians don't believe in the Bible, at least not in the assumptions you made, which come directly from the Bible. Strange!

I am curious if there is 1 Christian who can explain this to me.

stvdv

Hey, wait....what is your particular religion? You have a non-judgmental god and I find that interesting. So no heaven or hell, no such a thing as sin?
That sums it up very well. It is called "Sanathana Dharma". It's about finding your own way. Just "Be happy". Others might make it complicate, I rather keep it simple/nice.

Milton Platt

That sums it up very well. It is called "Sanathana Dharma". It's about finding your own way. Just "Be happy". Others might make it complicate, I rather keep it simple/nice.

I did find my own way and I am happy. Others call it Atheism. Enjoyed the give and take. thanks!

stvdv

I did find my own way and I am happy. Others call it Atheism. Enjoyed the give and take. thanks!
Thank you also. "Be Happy" is what counts IMO. I always believed Atheism can get you to your goal; nice to have confirmation from you:)
[I came to RF to understand more about Atheism. I see now that eastern definition and western definition differ, hence my confusion at first]

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I have to ask why the word "unfair" was left out of the blue text, when the key of what makes something discrimination is unequal and unfair treatment.

With that under consideration, who decides what is fair? In this case, the Abrahamic god does. It doesn't make much sense to me to suppose human ideas of fairness necessarily correlate to those of a unequivocally non-human omnimax entity.
I know, right!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
With all the assumptions you made about God AND "God is responsible" THEN we would be fools to feel guilty about anything, correct?
So I really don't get it, that Christians talk about "Hell and Heaven", feeling guilty and stuff. That all is not logical if "God is responsible" IMO
It seems that Christians don't believe in the Bible, at least not in the assumptions you made, which come directly from the Bible. Strange!

I am curious if there is 1 Christian who can explain this to me.
I am Christian in the sense that I accept Jesus as Lord and savior, believe in some of his teachings, believe he was crucified to atone for sin, and believe he has risen from the dead. According to Scripture, that is all a person has to believe to be saved.

Whether God knows everything, is in control of everything, or is a powerless weakling who can't do anything but speak to a few prophets who make up far less than .1% of the population, well, I simply don't know.

I wish I did! :(

Until then, maybe some day I can answer your question. But not now, unfortunately! If the Bible is true, well, that God is out of his mind at times! I hope he learned a few lessons from people like yourself, Buddha, Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Francis of Assisi, and Martin Luther King. If the God of the Bible hasn't cleaned up his act, I might see you in Hell! :D

If the Qur'an is true, the worst thing that ever happened to me was I was born!

dfnj

Did God start discrimination?
[Assuming God exists of course]

Discrimination = refers to unfair,unequal treatment of an individual (or group) based on certain characteristics
including:
  • Ethnicity
  • National origin
  • Race,
  • Religion, and
  • Sexual orientation.
1) Is it good to discriminate? Should it be allowed to discriminate?
2) To tell someone he goes to hell or heaven based on above characteristics is that discrimination?
3) To tell that God said so in Bible, can we say "God and Bible are discriminating [asuming both are true]"?
4) Is it good to follow a God/Religion/Scripture who discriminates? Should it be encouraged to follow this?
5) If God is said to be Omni benevolent etc.could it be that human dictated part of scriptures and not God?
6) Evangelizing and proselytizing: Human invention? If yes, why? Or you still think God wants us do this?

Any ideas or other questions popping up?

The whole idea of selling authoritarianism as religion is to justify the Divine Rights of Kings:

https://www.wwnorton.com/college/english/nael/noa/pdf/27636_17th_U42_James-1-2.pdf

Here is the idea:

"The divine right of kings, divine right, or God's mandate is a political and religious doctrine of royal and political legitimacy. It asserts that a monarch is subject to no earthly authority, deriving the right to rule directly from the will of God. The king is thus not subject to the will of his people, the aristocracy, or any other estate of the realm. It implies that only God can judge an unjust king and that any attempt to depose, dethrone or restrict his powers runs contrary to the will of God and may constitute a sacrilegious act. It is often expressed in the phrase "by the Grace of God", attached to the titles of a reigning monarch."

The Bible exists and is written the way it is so people become conditioned to worship authority so as to establish the divine rights of the monarch on Earth who is speaking for God.

stvdv

I know, right!
No you don't know, I think. ;)
I left out "unfair" because "it looked nicer; 2 words not coloured; the word `discrimination` flashed out better".
Never thought people would think I thought "unfair" should not be included; it was in the definition after all
I just fancy coloring up stuff. You do too, don't you?:D:D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
No you don't know, I think. ;)
I left out "unfair" because "it looked nicer; 2 words not coloured; the word `discrimination` flashed out better".
Never thought people would think I thought "unfair" should not be included; it was in the definition after all
I just fancy coloring up stuff. You do too, don't you?:D:D
No,
I was saying, "I know" about his views regarding the God of the Bible, nothing you did! :)

stvdv

Yes, we have that in common! Its not the only thing we have in common. We have so much in common, that if I go to hell, you're going with me! :smilingimp:
So are the Aghori!:weary:
I have to disappoint you here. I already got 2 tickets first row in heaven. You are welcome to join me:p
In heaven it's all fun and stuff. So will be hard time for the Aghoris to change to new lifestyle:D