• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God rape Mary?

kai

ragamuffin
Jesus' mother is known as the Virgin Mary. She was a virgin when she conceived her Son and a virgin when she gave birth. Do you know what a virgin is, Bloomdido? Once a woman has had sexual intercourse, she is no longer a virgin. Is Great Britain really that backward in terms of sex education?

We have sex education but it doesn't cover Virgin Births or immaculate conceptions. these are matters of faith and are not covered in such classes.

for a women to conceive and give birth to a child without sexual intercourse or actually physically giving birth would not be discussed in biology classes either because its a legend or myth or something .

tell me in this story was Mary ever offered a choice in the matter?

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
We have sex education but it doesn't cover Virgin Births or immaculate conceptions. these are matters of faith and are not covered in such classes.

for a women to conceive and give birth to a child without sexual intercourse or actually physically giving birth would not be discussed in biology classes either because its a legend or myth or something .

tell me in this story was Mary ever offered a choice in the matter?

Not technically correct, there are one in a million hermaphrodites that are actually both reproductively viable as male and female. Not that this actually has any bearing on the discussion, but it is technically possible to conceive without sexual intercourse as the term is commonly understood (just astoundingly unlikely).

And C-sections aren't covered in Sex Ed across the pond? For shame!;)

MTF

kai

ragamuffin
Not technically correct, there are one in a million hermaphrodites that are actually both reproductively viable as male and female. Not that this actually has any bearing on the discussion, but it is technically possible to conceive without sexual intercourse as the term is commonly understood (just astoundingly unlikely).
I was thinking the OP was refering to a human female .
And C-sections aren't covered in Sex Ed across the pond? For shame!;)

MTF

Yeah we have C-sections but Mary didnt have one did she?

could someone , tell me if she was given a choice?

Last edited:

S-word

What he's saying is, God didn't rape Mary because Mary didn't give birth to Jesus.

No, he didn't say that, this is simply you, attempting to put your words into someone elses mouth.
But to those who are ignorant of the truth in God's Word, Jesus was the biological son of Joseph the son of Heli, who was later born of God's spirit that descended upon him in the form of a dove as he rose from the baptismal waters when the voice from heaven was heard to say, "You are my beloved in whom I am well pleased, today I have begotten you," see the more ancient authorities of Luke 3: 22.

But even if God was the father of the baby Jesus (Which he was not) It would not have been rape, as the conception of Jesus in her womb, occurred with the full consent of Mary, who, when told by the angel Gabriel, that she was to become pregnant, she answered, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord, be it unto me accordiing to thy word."

Last edited:

elisheba

Jesus mother is very likely the ancestor of several of you - i don't think we should talk about her so carelessly.

Poisonshady313

No, he didn't say that, this is simply you, attempting to put your words into someone elses mouth.

You are unnecessary and redundant. You serve merely as an agitator. I was already responded to by this person who clarified his position.

If you have a problem with me, I suggest you put me on your ignore list.. because effective immediately, you're going on mine.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

S-word

You are unnecessary and redundant. You serve merely as an agitator. I was already responded to by this person who clarified his position.
If you have a problem with me, I suggest you put me on your ignore list.. because effective immediately, you're going on mine.

Have a nice day.

In his statement, ""What aileth you that ye hope not toward Allah for dignity " Quran 71(30).
"Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is. "Quran 3(59)." Shia Islam, did not say that Mary did not give birth to Jesus as you would have us believe in your response, which is as follows, "What he's saying is, God didn't rape Mary because Mary didn't give birth to Jesus." If anything he was saying that God simply said ,"BE," and the child Jesus formed in the womb of Mary.

But I would not presume to put words into the mouth of Shia Islam as you have done, instead, I would ask him "Did you mean to infer that Jesus did not form in the womb of a mortal woman, or are you suggesting that he "Jesus" somehow Just miraculousely appeared on earth?"

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
it's amazing how this raping stuff is still being continued !! :p

well think its an interesting slant on the story, whether Mary was asked to participate in this event, or not.You see if Mary was the product of an immaculate conception herself them she was in fact groomed for this from the point of her own conception and i dont see where the choice for her came into it.

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
well think its an interesting slant on the story, whether Mary was asked to participate in this event, or not.You see if Mary was the product of an immaculate conception herself them she was in fact groomed for this from the point of her own conception and i dont see where the choice for her came into it.
If she was also raised in a faith not to disobey or to fear God she would have been given a "false" choice. That is why we need to know what the consequences were if she turned God away. If the Bible is any indication of what happens to people who disobey God, she could have yelled rape and been rightly justified in doing so.

Last edited:

other-side

Soul separator
well think its an interesting slant on the story, whether Mary was asked to participate in this event, or not.You see if Mary was the product of an immaculate conception herself then she was in fact groomed for this from the point of her own conception and I don't see where the choice for her came into it.

yep i'll agree :)

If she was also raised in a faith not to disobey or to fear God she would have been given a "false" choice.
You say "if" . your "if" isn't true so we can say your statement is wrong.
Marry was raised in a faith to obey or to fear God so ....!!
Marry wanted to be a submitter from the beginning so there is no force to count the event a raping one!

richardlowellt

how was Adam and Eve made? or let us ask : how was the first human being made? by rape? sex?
can't God fertilize an ovum when he has designed it !?it's obvious that the designer knows how to activate the chromosomes in that small thing.
it's like asking,did Bill Gates Rape Computer to make the Windows?!! no,he knew the science of programing and he wrote the orders. God knows how to make an ovule active,it's not that hard to swallow the fact!!

It's very hard to "swallow" the fact that an imaginary being using some kind of magic impregnated a young women. When you make these propositions about how the first humans where made, you are required to show some evidence that what you are postulating is fact.

richardlowellt

The only reason that Mary was chosen is that she made her soul ready to communicate with God by praying(meditation).She was the First Mature girl to reach this level and God gifted her a baby.

And how you do come by this knowledge? Please don't tell me the bible!!!!!!

richardlowellt

Understanding God is the issue here. If one truly understood what a God or a being with powers and knowledge could accomplish, then there is no misunderstanding. If one is stymied in his or her understanding, then his or her knowledge is either weak or nonexistent. Some people like to judge God without knowing what kind of being He is. Because incidences happen on earth that do not comport with their worldview, they think or opine that God is remiss in His actions. Seek to know God first, then you may be able to comprehend the things you see on earth. "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3; KJV).

How does one understand an imaginary being? A being that remains hidden even from those who seek him/she/it? And how does one come by knowledge of an imaginary, hidden, being? "Seek to know God" First you have to show me that this God of yours is real, what evidence do you have, show me something I can examine, Oh yes, I forgot FAITH, to believe in something non existent.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I think that part of the power of the Mary Myth is that it speaks to all of our experiences of being put in situations that we feel we have no control over. It provides us with a hope that there are blessings to be born, and that we must continue on because that's all we can really do.