• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God rape Mary?

Heneni

Miss Independent
This is a truly offensive thread. I do not know to what depts one has to sink, to think that god would rape mary. The angel appeared to mary and told her that she would conceive. She said ''let it be done unto me as you have said''.

There was no sexual intercourse, and no violation of mary's will.

Geez...

Heneni

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I understand that some experts consider Mary to be as young as 12 years old. However when God or the holy spirit inseminated Mary without her consent, was this rape?

I don't think it could be considered rape without copulation, but it could definitely be considered a violation if it happened against her will.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
"What aileth you that ye hope not toward Allah for dignity " Quran 71(30).
"Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is. "Quran 3(59).

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"What aileth you that ye hope not toward Allah for dignity " Quran 71(30).
"Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is. "Quran 3(59).

Well that was a constructive contribution.

richardlowellt

"what aileth you that ye hope not toward allah for dignity " quran 71(30).
"lo! The likeness of jesus with allah is as the likeness of adam. He created him of dust, then he said unto him: Be! And he is. "quran 3(59).

what are you talking about??? How is this part of the discussion? Please preach on your own time!!!

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
No. It's physiologically impossible to become impregnated without sperm fertilizing an egg, so unless some sort of ancient turkey baster filled with semen was shoved into Mary, she wasn't a virgin.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I understand that some experts consider Mary to be as young as 12 years old. However when God or the holy spirit inseminated Mary without her consent, was this rape?
Assuming Christianity was the right religion and that the Bible is the word of God and that the Gospels indicate what actually happened and God magically managed to magic up the other half of the chromosomes, of course.

Let's see.

God is not corporeal, but is spirit - no physical act of copulation there
John 4:24
"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

Against her will? Doesn't appear to be.

Luke 1:34-38

"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"
The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God."
"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her.

:shrug:

Bloomdido

Ok, so the angel appeared and told Mary what was going to happen. No consultation here. Was Mary in a position to refuse God? I don't think so. Just seems a strange way to go about things, even if you are omnipotent. Why did God choose Mary? Was she really as young as 12?

other-side

Soul separator
how was Adam and Eve made? or let us ask : how was the first human being made? by rape? sex?
can't God fertilize an ovum when he has designed it !?it's obvious that the designer knows how to activate the chromosomes in that small thing.
it's like asking,did Bill Gates Rape Computer to make the Windows?!! no,he knew the science of programing and he wrote the orders. God knows how to make an ovule active,it's not that hard to swallow the fact!!

Last edited:

other-side

Soul separator
Why did God choose Mary?
well if God chose someone named Jessica for example then you would have asked :Why did God choose Jessica?
The only reason that Mary was chosen is that she made her soul ready to communicate with God by praying(meditation).She was the First Mature girl to reach this level and God gifted her a baby.

Was she really as young as 12?
Nah! Where did you get that from?!

Bloomdido

well if God chose someone named Jessica for example then you would have asked :Why did God choose Jessica?
The only reason that Mary was chosen is that she made her soul ready to communicate with God by praying(meditation).She was the First Mature girl to reach this level and God gifted her a baby.

Please can you provide some evidence to back up your statement that Mary was the best meditator and therefore earned the privelidge to give birth to Jesus? She was the only person to reach this level and god gifted her himself, as his son, as a baby to save us from ourselves.

other-side

Soul separator
Please can you provide some evidence to back up your statement that Mary was the best meditator and therefore earned the privelidge to give birth to Jesus? She was the only person to reach this level and god gifted her himself, as his son, as a baby to save us from ourselves.

I just Give an evidence from Quran (Muslim's book ).you can do research to see if it's true or not!:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial][/FONT]-------------------------------------
In the Quran, Mary's story begins while she is still in her mother's womb. The mother of Mary, said: "O my Lord! I do dedicate into Thee what is in my womb for Thy special service: So accept this of me: For Thou hearest and knowest all things." (Quran 3:35).
She wanted the baby in her womb to serve only the Creator. When Mary was delivered, she said: "O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!" (Quran 3:36). She had expected her baby to be a male child who would grow up to be a scholar or religious leader. However, God had a better plan. God is the best of planners. Quran 3:36 continues "…and God knew best what she brought forth- 'And no wise is the male like the female. I have named her Mariam, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from Satan, the Rejected.'" Mariam literally means "maidservant of God."
In Quran 3:37, God states that He accepted Mary as her mother had asked. He made Mary grow in purity and beauty. She was assigned to the care of a priest named Zacharias. This is interesting considering few women were given this opportunity.
"Every time that he entered (her) chamber to see her, he found her supplied with sustenance. He said: 'O Mary! Whence (comes) this to you?' She said: 'From God. for God provides sustenance to whom He pleases without measure.'" (Quran 3:37).
----------------------------------

opuntia

Religion is Law
Understanding God is the issue here. If one truly understood what a God or a being with powers and knowledge could accomplish, then there is no misunderstanding. If one is stymied in his or her understanding, then his or her knowledge is either weak or nonexistent. Some people like to judge God without knowing what kind of being He is. Because incidences happen on earth that do not comport with their worldview, they think or opine that God is remiss in His actions. Seek to know God first, then you may be able to comprehend the things you see on earth. "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3; KJV).

Bloomdido

Understanding God is the issue here. If one truly understood what a God or a being with powers and knowledge could accomplish, then there is no misunderstanding. If one is stymied in his or her understanding, then his or her knowledge is either weak or nonexistent. Some people like to judge God without knowing what kind of being He is. Because incidences happen on earth that do not comport with their worldview, they think or opine that God is remiss in His actions. Seek to know God first, then you may be able to comprehend the things you see on earth. "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3; KJV).

The God I know is a mysogenistic, war mongering, genocidal, child killing control freak who toned himself down a bit in the new teatament. Which god do you know?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Jesus' mother is known as the Virgin Mary. She was a virgin when she conceived her Son and a virgin when she gave birth. Do you know what a virgin is, Bloomdido? Once a woman has had sexual intercourse, she is no longer a virgin. Is Great Britain really that backward in terms of sex education?