• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFH

Veteran Member
Ah, so he gives us the ability to make weapons of destruction because we want to destroy each other and ourselves. Yeah, that makes so much sense. I know my parents often gave my brother and I knives and guns to kill each other with when we were angry with each other. Stepping in between us and making us resolve our differences would never have worked. :rolleyes:
Matt. 10: 34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

We fight not for worldly possessions, but for the right to be free to choose, we fight for ourselves and for the oppressed of this world.

Should we allow certain men to continue to dictate what we can or cannot do ??? God wants us to be free of such tyranny.

We should never allow another to dictate the direction of our lives, by using the threat of violence continually hanging over us.

We don't lay down and take it, we fight back.

Rather than become depressed and opressed, we fight back. This is what Israel is doing right now. They've had enough, NOW they are fighting back.

Last edited:

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

This is what Israel is doing right now. They've had enough, NOW they are fighting back.

(First off, FFH, this reply is not against you or your beliefs. It is neither meant to demean, offend or ridicule anyone. It is, however, an opinion.)

Not to much unlike the depressed and oppressed Palestinians. Before 1948 there was no need but since the powers that be decided to take the land away from those that had lived on it their entire lives, as well as their Fathers and their Fathers, Fathers, etc., etc., etc., we have this. A cluster XXXX. Man sticking his nose in where it doesn’t belong putting himself above the will of Yah only to continue to mess it all up for everybody else. Now you got some peeved off peoples, that want their land back, and the one’s that call themselves jews out. Look at all the bloodshed ever since 1948 all because of the stupid decisions of man. Look at the spill over of it all. The neighboring countries with their hatred of what the so called state of Israel stands for. They used the sympathy card as being an depressed and oppressed peoples to get what they wanted. A free meal ticket with land to boot. They ended up no worse than those that they called their enemies by doing the same to other peoples all around them. And there are those that would believe that these same people are to be considered the chosen people.

I’m not taking sides, mind you, but I just thought another perspective was warranted.

I on, the other hand, do not believe the land of Yisrael belongs to either group and it will be all settled in due time. What a very rude awakening so many have to look forward to. Enjoy your worldly lives now while there is still time for when Yahshua Ha Mashiach Ben David returns then all will go back as to what was intended.

I can appreciate this face. To me this is a work of art.

Don't tell me this was formed by natural evolutionary processes. This face had a designer behind it.
Are you joking? A designer? God is not some dude sitting behind a computer creating faces... Faces are built from genes from parents...

FFH

Veteran Member
Are you joking? A designer? God is not some dude sitting behind a computer creating faces... Faces are built from genes from parents...
Which were created by God, who is Jesus Christ, the creator of this world and everything on it, including our individual indentifiable bodies.

FFH

Veteran Member
(First off, FFH, this reply is not against you or your beliefs. It is neither meant to demean, offend or ridicule anyone. It is, however, an opinion.)

Not to much unlike the depressed and oppressed Palestinians. Before 1948 there was no need but since the powers that be decided to take the land away from those that had lived on it their entire lives, as well as their Fathers and their Fathers, Fathers, etc., etc., etc., we have this. A cluster XXXX. Man sticking his nose in where it doesn’t belong putting himself above the will of Yah only to continue to mess it all up for everybody else. Now you got some peeved off peoples, that want their land back, and the one’s that call themselves jews out. Look at all the bloodshed ever since 1948 all because of the stupid decisions of man. Look at the spill over of it all. The neighboring countries with their hatred of what the so called state of Israel stands for. They used the sympathy card as being an depressed and oppressed peoples to get what they wanted. A free meal ticket with land to boot. They ended up no worse than those that they called their enemies by doing the same to other peoples all around them. And there are those that would believe that these same people are to be considered the chosen people.

I’m not taking sides, mind you, but I just thought another perspective was warranted.

I on, the other hand, do not believe the land of Yisrael belongs to either group and it will be all settled in due time. What a very rude awakening so many have to look forward to. Enjoy your worldly lives now while there is still time for when Yahshua Ha Mashiach Ben David returns then all will go back as to what was intended.
Israel is fighting a terrorist group, who's sole purpose is to provoke war agianst those not of their particular belief.

Israeli's have no problem against peaceful Palestinians, but against those who would terrorize and oppress them.

Hamas are extremists and terrorists and a threat to world peace, that's why the UN is not stopping the Israeli invasion of GAZA.

They are taking back the land they were forced off of.

God is all about Democracy, not tyranny, and will help men create weapons to enforce that, to defend their rights as human beings, rights given to them by God, one of them being free to choose for ourselves how we live our lives in a peaceful manner.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Matt. 11: 30
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Eccl. 3: 8
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

God has created weapons of war, through men, to accomplish his divine purposes.
M1A1_abrams_tank_6.jpg

Last edited:

Sententia

Matt. 11: 30
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Eccl. 3: 8
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

God has created weapons of war, though men, to accomplish his divine purposes.

Men should stop sidestepping their responsibility and their role and take ownership for what it as a race has made and done.

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

Adam the Allegorical? Adam from Dust? Adam the Whipped? Adam the Theoretical? Madam Im Adam?

I have no relation to Adam. I have a friend named Adam.

Oh my bad, I just noticed your understanding as being atheist. Well I guess for you to understand what I was trying to say I must simplify and just simply state that at no time in history has man taken responsibility for his own actions. Why should he mess with a perfect record. ;)

Sententia

Oh my bad, I just noticed your understanding as being atheist. Well I guess for you to understand what I was trying to say I must simplify and just simply state that at no time in history has man taken responsibility for his own actions. Why should he mess with a perfect record. ;)

I think that does a disservice to all the men and women who have in past taken responsibility for their actions and those that continue to do so today.

My point is people tend to justify things away and trust in the will of god. God didn't make tanks, tornadoes, earthquakes, women, dust or anything else. What little man has made and done they should take responsibilty for.

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

I think that does a disservice to all the men and women who have in past taken responsibility for their actions and those that continue to do so today.

My point is people tend to justify things away and trust in the will of god. God didn't make tanks, tornadoes, earthquakes, women, dust or anything else. What little man has made and done they should take responsibilty for.

Further simplifying…………

I use the term “man” in a general sense here and not that as of individuals. Maybe I should have used “mankind” when making my general statement. I’m sure you will offer a better alternative being you already seem to know what I was trying to say. :rolleyes:

Oh, so are you saying man made woman? :areyoucra

Sententia

Further simplifying…………

I use the term “man” in a general sense here and not that as of individuals. Maybe I should have used “mankind” when making my general statement. I’m sure you will offer a better alternative being you already seem to know what I was trying to say. :rolleyes:

;) I know where your going just trying to say its not everyone. Not everyone blames or assigns reponsibility to god.

Oh, so are you saying man made woman? :areyoucra

Well of course... They come from a rib of man... God did surgery remember? No seriously... hehe

I said what little man has done... Men can make women and men... See lets talk about the birds and the buzzing bees...

Originally? Are you asking me how women arose in humanity? Its actually an interesting question since just about all of the living creatures on the third rock from the sun has males and females. Why is that? God's will perhaps?

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

;) I know where your going just trying to say its not everyone. Not everyone blames or assigns reponsibility to god.

I never insinuated otherwise. I do not however put the blame of “mankind” decisions on Yah. I believe in freewill. Man made the mistakes but history shows that he, as a whole (mankind) hasn’t tested well when it comes to taking responsibility for their own actions.

And what’s wrong with sex? You have me assuming you have a problem with Yah’s decision to have a male and female so that there would need be for sex to multiply. What a great blessing that a true loving El would grace his creation with. Just because you seem to have a problem with sex doesn’t mean the rest of us haave to. I myself love it and do it as much as possible. No, but seriously, hehehe :D I see where your coming from. ;)

Sententia

I never insinuated otherwise. I do not however put the blame of “mankind” decisions on Yah. I believe in freewill. Man made the mistakes but history shows that he, as a whole (mankind) hasn’t tested well when it comes to taking responsibility for their own actions.

I know we've strayed way off topic here. Freewill though is its own tale. I'm still unsure how I feel about it. I am not sure we have freewill per se. I haven't really pondered it in a while and wouldn't mind discussing it.

Me said:
All social behavior can be modeled as an emergent process, and the perception of free will external to causality is essentially a gift of ignorance. You percieve that everything your doing is because you are choosing to do it and hold the illusion that at any moment you could just change anything you wanted about yourself. Free will is an illusion and we are all essentially robots following predetermined code based on our current environment with our current upbringing code. Don't generalize too much, two brothers can be raised in the same household and go to the same schools yet have completely different experiences and radically different equipment.

Our brains are constructed of synapses that process our input signals and then trigger a reaction and work much like a modern computer. We have desires because those desires were imprinted from some external source. For example you may want to go to Chili's more often then other restaurants and would still believe you chose to go there while denying their monthly blitz ad campaign had anything to do with influencing you to go there.

Here's a quote from Spinoza on the subject:
“The mind is determined to this or that choice by a cause which is also determined by another cause, and this again by another, and so on ad infinitum,” Spinoza wrote. “This doctrine teaches us to hate no one, to despise no one, to mock no one, to be angry with no one, and to envy no one.”​
So you may not currently be able to predict what will happen at any given moment but I do not want to mistake programming and randomness for free will.

I am truly personally debating this with myself and when the mood strikes me I research it and take notes and try to come to some conclusions... but I am just debating it.

It is a very interesting subject. I know there are some transhumanists here so one of their trademarks if you take a person and switch one neuron with a machine that performs the same function and that person acted and reacted and even felt exactly the same is that person still human?

So take it farther, replace another and another until they are all replaced. Essentially you have a very, very complex machine but essentially it is a machine and it is running its code. To say it has free will one way or the other may just be a fundamental disconnect when it comes to explaining or understanding free will.

If you want to discuss freewill though we should be nice and do it in another topic. I have discussed it a few times:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/65176-question-free-will-christianity.html
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/science-vs-religion/67120-do-you-believe-free-will.html

And what’s wrong with sex? You have me assuming you have a problem with Yah’s decision to have a male and female so that there would need be for sex to multiply. What a great blessing that a true loving El would grace his creation with. Just because you seem to have a problem with sex doesn’t mean the rest of us haave to. I myself love it and do it as much as possible.

Funny you should mention that. Sorry it took so long for me to reply. ;) The question I posed was not about sex but the sexes. Why a male and a female? Why is it so pervasive? It is a real puzzle isn't it? Evolution of sexual reproduction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But you say its not a puzzle. Its not a mystery. God just did it and what a wonderful gift? Its nice that you have a belief but I often equate the phrase "God did it" with "I have no clue... wait, wait... I know.... GOD DID IT!!!" That is I see it as giving up in general. But if it makes you happy.

No, but seriously, hehehe :D I see where your coming from. ;)

Actually I'm not sure that you do. I was distracted before but now I'm all ears. ;)

Last edited:

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

If you want to discuss freewill though we should be nice and do it in another topic. I have discussed it a few times:

sure, I'm game. Do you want to create a new thread for it?

Funny you should mention that. Sorry it took so long for me to reply. ;) The question I posed was not about sex but the sexes. Why a male and a female? Why is it so pervasive? It is a real puzzle isn't it? Evolution of sexual reproduction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I knew what you meant, I was just being facetious. ;)

But you say its not a puzzle. Its not a mystery. God just did it and what a wonderful gift? Its nice that you have a belief but I often equate the phrase "God did it" with "I have no clue... wait, wait... I know.... GOD DID IT!!!" That is I see it as giving up in general. But if it makes you happy.

Why can't it just simply be the way Yah intended? Why must there always be something more?

Actually I'm not sure that you do. I was distracted before but now I'm all ears. ;)

No really, I do understand where you are coming from. I just don't totally agree with you. :)

Sententia

sure, I'm game. Do you want to create a new thread for it?

Sure, or we can use one of the ones I posted.

Why can't it just simply be the way Yah intended? Why must there always be something more?

TBH its primarily because I do not see that as an answer. Yahweh, Ra, Osiris, Odin or whatever name and ideology you put behind god is really just your personal beliefs. It doesn't answer the question. It kills the process of trying to figure out why by assumption.

Dawkins spoke briefly about explaining things in this manner in his book the god delusion.

The God Delusion said:
As the American geneticist Jerry Coyne put it in his review of Behe's book: 'If the history of science shows us anything, it is that we get nowhere by labelling our ignorance "God".' Or, in the words of an eloquent blogger, commenting on an article on intelligent design in the Guardian by Coyne and me, Why is God considered an explanation for anything? It's not - it's a failure to explain, a shrug of the shoulders, an 'I dunno' dressed up in spirituality and ritual. If someone credits something to God, generally what it means is that they haven't a clue, so they're attributing it to an unreachable, unknowable sky-fairy. Ask for an explanation of where that bloke came from, and odds are you'll get a vague, pseudo-philosophical reply about having always existed, or being outside nature. Which, of course, explains nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.