• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Allah create life?

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
I have not nullified any religion, I have simply stated that we and the rest of the universes are contingent upon God's creative impulse. He is not. Since He is other than us we have no capacity to understandHis Essence of Being. It is a mystery that is ultimately beyond us.
Any description, any concept, any notion we have of God is wrong at the most fundamental level. That invalidates any religion which describes God.
The "God is incomprehensible" is not a defense of religion. It is a criticism of religion.

Popeyesays

How do we know God when the way to know God is closed to us? We find those Divine Manifestations of the Knowledge of God and listen to what They say.

"XIX: To every discerning and illuminated heart it... 1To every discerning and illuminated heart it is evident that God, the unknowable Essence, the Divine Being, is immensely exalted beyond every human attribute, such as corporeal existence, ascent and descent, egress and regress. Far be it from His glory that human tongue should adequately recount His praise, or that human heart comprehend His fathomless mystery. He is, and hath ever been, veiled in the ancient eternity of His Essence, and will remain in His Reality everlastingly hidden from the sight of men. "No vision taketh in Him, but He taketh in all vision; He is the Subtile, the All-Perceiving."...
2The door of the knowledge of the Ancient of Days being thus closed in the face of all beings, the Source of infinite grace, according to His saying, "His grace hath transcended all things; My grace hath encompassed them all," hath caused those luminous Gems of Holiness to appear out of the realm of the spirit, in the noble form of the human temple, and be made manifest unto all men, that they may impart unto the world the mysteries of the unchangeable Being, and tell of the subtleties of His imperishable Essence.
3These sanctified Mirrors, these Day Springs of ancient glory, are, one and all, the Exponents on earth of Him Who is the central Orb of the universe, its Essence and ultimate Purpose. From Him proceed their knowledge and power; from Him is derived their sovereignty. The beauty of their countenance is but a reflection of His image, and their revelation a sign of His deathless glory. They are the Treasuries of Divine knowledge, and the Repositories of celestial wisdom. Through them is transmitted a grace that is infinite, and by them is revealed the Light that can never fade.... These Tabernacles of Holiness, these Primal Mirrors which reflect the light of unfading glory, are but expressions of Him Who is the Invisible of the Invisibles. By the revelation of these Gems of Divine virtue all the names and attributes of God, such as knowledge and power, sovereignty and dominion, mercy and wisdom, glory, bounty, and grace, are made manifest.
4These attributes of God are not, and have never been, vouchsafed specially unto certain Prophets, and withheld from others. Nay, all the Prophets of God, His well-favored, His holy and chosen Messengers are, without exception, the bearers of His names, and the embodiments of His attributes. They only differ in the intensity of their revelation, and the comparative potency of their light. Even as He hath revealed: "Some of the Apostles We have caused to excel the others."

Regards,
Scott

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When you say life, do you mean OUR lives?

This life we are living on this earth is nothing compared to the life in the hereafter. That's why Allah distinguish between this life, and the other kind of lives created by him.

Allah created THIS life for us to live at.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
When you say life, do you mean OUR lives?

This life we are living on this earth is nothing compared to the life in the hereafter. That's why Allah distinguish between this life, and the other kind of lives created by him.

Allah created THIS life for us to live at.
When I say life I mean life, whether yours, mine, my ***** cat's or, maybe, Allah's (though I would prefer to think of Allah as life itself). Of course, the life we might live in heaven could be manifold times greater than the life we live on earth, just as the life we might live in, say, Las Vegas, might be a lot more exciting than the life we might live in a deserted island all alone! (I suppose so.) But wherever we are and whatever our nature, that which enlivens us can only be the same entity. Allah said He created life so that He may judge man. Elsewhere in the Quran Allah says He created man out of clay and blew life (spirit) into him. This would negate any interpretation that Allah created a Life that has nothing to do with the Life Allah has. Allah clearly says that he created life, not that he created life for the first time in creating man. Moreover, the angles were alive before Allah created man.

Allah might have created everything. But could Allah have created Himself? No. Allah, the uncreated, ever exists. To exist is to be and to be is to be alive. Existence appears to contain both life and death. Yet death does not exist, it is only a seeming absence of life. The Quran not only says Allah created life, when life is ever-existing, but it also says Allah created death. How could something that does not exist be a product of creation? Quran appears to have compounded its error.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
I know this the universe was created by God. Life is part of the universe.
Is life part of the universe or universe part of life?

Why should I attribute "life" or what I know as "life" to the Creator of life?
"Creator of life." This is what I am questioning. How can life be created? The creator ought to be alive in the first place to be able to do anything. If the creator is alive, then life already exists. Where arises then the question of “creation” of life?

It assumes that God and I are of the same substance, and I see no reason to make that assumption.
About assumption of God and I being of the same substance, well, that’s exactly it. And that substance being life open’s up all possibilities for mankind.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
God, the unknowable Essence
At the highest level, the knower ceases to exist, becoming the knowledge.

luminous Gems of Holiness to appear out of the realm of the spirit, in the noble form of the human temple, and be made manifest unto all men, that they may impart unto the world the mysteries of the unchangeable Being, and tell of the subtleties of His imperishable Essence.
The self-realised folks.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When I say life I mean life, whether yours, mine, my ***** cat's or, maybe, Allah's (though I would prefer to think of Allah as life itself). Of course, the life we might live in heaven could be manifold times greater than the life we live on earth, just as the life we might live in, say, Las Vegas, might be a lot more exciting than the life we might live in a deserted island all alone! (I suppose so.) But wherever we are and whatever our nature, that which enlivens us can only be the same entity. Allah said He created life so that He may judge man. Elsewhere in the Quran Allah says He created man out of clay and blew life (spirit) into him. This would negate any interpretation that Allah created a Life that has nothing to do with the Life Allah has. Allah clearly says that he created life, not that he created life for the first time in creating man. Moreover, the angles were alive before Allah created man.

As you have noticed already, in the language used in the Quran, life means alot of things, so sometimes it might refer to a spirit for a specific being, while some other times it might mean THIS life including earth, heaven, etc. It's not that Allah has a specific entity called life in him and he use it when ever he wants, it's much more complicated than that. It's He who create life, not that life is part of Him. He says be and it's been.

Allah might have created everything. But could Allah have created Himself? No. Allah, the uncreated, ever exists. To exist is to be and to be is to be alive. Existence appears to contain both life and death.

This is only according to our own understanding of life and existance. I'll tell you about something you might have never heard of before. In the judgement day, DEATH will be called upon and it will appear as a living being and Allah will order it to be killed and then, it will be said that, there is no more death, but only living forever, or along the lines.

Got what i mean?

Yet death does not exist, it is only a seeming absence of life. The Quran not only says Allah created life, when life is ever-existing, but it also says Allah created death. How could something that does not exist be a product of creation? Quran appears to have compounded its error.

There is no way as far as i know, to prove that death is merely the absence of life. As there is life, so there is indeed, death.

If i didn't understand what you said, then please don't hesitate to correct me, and sorry for being late, and that's because i had some exams lately. :(