• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Describe your belief

mahmoud mrt

I am a Trinitarian Christian and the Nicene Creed summarizes my belief perfectly.
You can find it here. I believe the "Catholic Church" is simply the body of Christ - all who choose to follow him. I don't believe that any singular religious denomination has it all together and I choose to identify as non-denominational, though I'd feel quite comfortable worshipping in any Christian church, really.

I respect your choice,

While the Islamic belief refuse trinity for Muslims, and say that Christ and the Holy spirit (Jebrael) are mere creatures created by God the one the only one, (no offence at all)
I try to take a simple approach to the Word. There's much that I interpret literally. There's much that I don't understand. There's much that I think is taken too literally and distorts simple truths...like...God is Love and when we love we fulfill the law to the fullest. I don't think that it has to be complicated and I find organized religion to be horribly complicated at times.

I agree that belief should not be complicated, it’s very simple, follow your heart, before we try to understand the laws of any religion, i should first trust the goodness in my heart, then judge and try to understand the teachings of my religion, not the opposite way.

Because if you follow your religious laws blindly you can end up with all the wrong deeds, and thoughts, basically cause you trusted another person, or scholar, etc to drag you to his own thoughts which can be dramatically wrong

Religion is simple.

I believe wholeheartedly that God is a good, wonderful God. I am His creation and I should live for Him. When I die, my heart desires to return to Him.

Agree, in Islam the same concept of returning to God, not literally of course, just that when you’re in heaven you can frequently visit God in another dimension of course, and this will be the ultimate joy.

Regards,
mahmoud

mahmoud mrt

I am a Hindu; more specifically, currently a Shaiva Smarta Vedantin. ^_^ (I honestly don't have a fully accurate name; I don't follow any set religion.)
Copied from a word document that I made about a month ago:

What do I believe?

I believe in the overall Oneness of all things, and that this Oneness is ultimately Brahman. I do not know whether or not Brahman is independently conscious…………
Thanks a lot, this was very informative

I see the only difference bet. Hinduism and Islam, is that Islam refuse the concept that God is in his creatures (i try to simplify), God is above his creatures, He just created them.

Also in Islam God is completely conscious.

As i understand from the Hindu members who posted, is that you believe in one God (here Islam and Hinduism agree), but you see that other creatures represent the face of God (here is the difference), please correct me if I’m wrong.

I respect the Yoga and other ways to purify your soul and heart , I find it very profound in Hinduism and the religion of Buda (don’t know it’s literal name)

We have in Islam to reach the same goal (to purify your soul and heart) is to pray, recite the holy Qur'an which has a very powerful purification process, and wonderful music in reciting, when we prostrate in prayer, we are very near to God, we praise Him and ask Him whatever we want cause He wants us to ask Him to get near to Him.

Thanks again

Regard,
mahmoud

rusra02

Premium Member
Hello,

I would like to open a thread where every one describe his belief

I don't want to go into details of laws or opinions,

i just want to know more about the basic belief of each religion, and for others to share it

I discovered that when i search about a religion, it always isn't enough to understand, so please be specific and simple as you can

Please type the name of your religion, then the description of its basic belief

Regards,
mahmoud

Quite a good question.

I'm one of Jehovah's christian witnesses. I believe Jehovah is the only true God, and that he created all things, including his Son, Jesus Christ. The Bible is God's written word and he inspired over 40 men to write portions of the Bible. There is but one true religion. To gain everlasting life, we must submit ourselves to Jehovah, the Sovereign of the Universe. God's kingdom will soon remove all wickedness and those who cause it, and bring the earth into the paradise state God purposed when he created the earth. The righteous will inherit the earth and live forever under the rule of God's kingdom government with Christ as King. The wicked will be destroyed forever, not tormented in a burning hell.

mahmoud mrt

i am also an athesit ,, totally convinced there is no god,,

I respect the choice of atheism, many of them are very kind, respectful, some posted privately to me very caring thoughts, althouhgh I don’t agree with atheism from the religious perspective

In fact some scholars see atheism is nearer to Islam than other religions, while I may disagree with them, they have a point,

You See the pillar of Islam is the declaration that:

There is only one God the one the only one, no God except Him, and Mohamed is his slave and prophet

So atheism have the one point, there is no God, so it's easier for some atheists to eventually agree that God is the only God, cause they don’t believe in other Gods

Just a thought

Thanks

Regards
mahmoud

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am a Christian.

I believe in God, the Maker of heaven and earth, and I believe His Son's name is Jesus.

I believe that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born to the virgin Mary, was persecuted, crucified for His teachings, died and was buried.

I believe He rose again and after 40 days, He ascended to heaven and sits now at the right hand of His Father.

I believe He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit - the Third Person of the Holy Trinity.

I believe in the universal church made up of Christians from many different sects.

I believe that God offers forgiveness and grace to all who will accept it.

I believe He offers eternal life to those who accept His grace.

I believe that we are to live by the Golden Rule - which is to treat others as we want to be treated. I believe that if we do that, and if we seek God's will in our lives - that will keep us too busy to get into the business of judging others.

Leave the judging to God and treat others with the same grace, patience, and love that He treats us with - that's my belief.

mahmoud mrt

Quite a good question.
I'm one of Jehovah's christian witnesses. I believe Jehovah is the only true God, and that he created all things, including his Son, Jesus Christ. The Bible is God's written word and he inspired over 40 men to write portions of the Bible. There is but one true religion. To gain everlasting life, we must submit ourselves to Jehovah, the Sovereign of the Universe. God's kingdom will soon remove all wickedness and those who cause it, and bring the earth into the paradise state God purposed when he created the earth. The righteous will inherit the earth and live forever under the rule of God's kingdom government with Christ as King. The wicked will be destroyed forever, not tormented in a burning hell.

Thanks,

A question, you only see God, and His Son Jesus, you don't believe that the Holy Spirit represents a part of God?

Also, from where comes the word Jehovah, is it in the bible?

Of course there is a difference from Islam, In Islam Jesus on not the son of God as I mentioned,

The righteous will inherit the earth and live forever under the rule of God's kingdom government with Christ as King.

The inheritance of earth in Islam is the inheritance of Heaven, not the earth we are living on it now, is this same as you mentioned?

In Islam there will be no King in heaven, every one in heaven has all the joy he wants

. The wicked will be destroyed forever, not tormented in a burning hell.

In Islam the wicked will not be destroyed for ever,

And my personal understanding after looking in the holy Qur’an is that torture has an end in hell, it’s separation from God, as ChristineES said. With the dirffrence that hell is a physical place.

Thanks a lot

Regards,
mahmoud

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How I live:
- I am a libertarian - My right to swing my arms ends where my neighbor's nose begins.
- I am responsible for how I respond to all that happens.

How I think:
- I am a engineer. I solve problems, but know that no problem is ever really solved.
- I value objectivity, but find it elusive, since I live in a world of subjectivity.
- We interpret reality with an unreliable brain which perceives data from indirect senses.
- Certainty is the mind killer. Brains die a little when we know something is
absolutely true, for we become blind to alternative views.
- Facts are merely opinions which are currently very popular.
- I see that other minds work very differently from mine, & that even the looniest
people can have insight & value.

Oh, one last insignificant thingie.....I see no reason to believe in gods.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hello,

I would like to open a thread where every one describe his belief

I don't want to go into details of laws or opinions,

i just want to know more about the basic belief of each religion, and for others to share it

I discovered that when i search about a religion, it always isn't enough to understand, so please be specific and simple as you can

Regards,
mahmoud

I believe that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. He saves me from my own inability to refrain from sin. He guides me in all that I do even when I am not aware He is doing it.

I believe in obeying Jesus as I would obey God the Father since they are one.

I believe in the resurrection of the dead, since Jesus was resurrected and therefore the continuation of the living spirit after the body has died.

I believe in reincarnation of spirits by God for those who deserve another life. I believe in Heaven as a place of rest from the evils of this world. I believe Jesus is the only sure way to Heaven and the one to whom everyone must bow if they wish to have eternal life.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
I am a Buddhist.

I believe that we are each and all responsible for our own lives and our own happiness or lack thereof. I believe that we are each and all capable of becoming the best beings possible and living the most fulfilled lives possible. Buddhists call this attaining enlightenment.

The Buddha was the first man on record who achieved this, and he went on to teach others his methods. He began by searching for a way to eradicate dukkha (suffering or unsatisfactoriness in english). He taught others about the methods that worked for him in this search. From this has grown the plethora of Buddhist traditions, schools and practices we know today.

mahmoud mrt

Friend M m,

Have no beliefs.
Only understanding.
Beliefs are of the mind and religion is the way to no-mind or a still mind which is through understanding and karma.

Understand that am part of that *whole* and that everything we see and do not see are also part of the same *whole* and so all are the same.

Love & rgds

Thanks, I appreciate it

Your Friend:)

Regards,
mahmoud

mahmoud mrt

I believe that we are to live by the Golden Rule - which is to treat others as we want to be treated. I believe that if we do that, and if we seek God's will in our lives - that will keep us too busy to get into the business of judging others.

Leave the judging to God and treat others with the same grace, patience, and love that He treats us with - that's my belief.

If all persons live by this concept which is in most religions, then the world will be a better place

Thanks
Regards
mahmoud

mahmoud mrt

I am a Buddhist.

I believe that we are each and all responsible for our own lives and our own happiness or lack thereof. I believe that we are each and all capable of becoming the best beings possible and living the most fulfilled lives possible. Buddhists call this attaining enlightenment.

The Buddha was the first man on record who achieved this, and he went on to teach others his methods. He began by searching for a way to eradicate dukkha (suffering or unsatisfactoriness in english). He taught others about the methods that worked for him in this search. From this has grown the plethora of Buddhist traditions, schools and practices we know today.

Thanks,

Once I was watching a documentary film about Buddhism and it mentioned that it does not include worshipping any God, just as you mentioned trying to eliminate suffering and reach into joy and good morals

Am I right?

Regards
mahmoud

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Mixed-origins Buddhism, modified by my personal interpretations (AFAIK, that is in fact what an "Orthodox" Buddhist shall do. There is no point in not trying to fit it to one's own experience and personal understanding).

My core belief is that of Interdependent Origination: everything that does exist, exists as a consequence of various, disperse causes happening simultaneously, and it is only due to biological and neurological biases that we tend to believe in such things as souls and gods - or, for that matter, criminal responsibility. Evil is what people do when they are sufficiently ignorant and pressured; good is what people do and teach when they are sufficiently wise and affectivelly nurtured.

People have no soul, no genetic memories, no nothing beyond the brain and memories. Fear of death is a powerfully taught cultural taboo, possibly reinforced by some biological instincts, and nothing else. There is absolutely no afterlife for we individuals, although of course we do leave various kinds of inheritance and influence even after we die. As I often say, "Of course there is life after death. Many people died, but life goes on to this day."

The purpose of the Dhamma (or at least of my own personal understanding of it) is to develop moral virtue, courage and wisdom, so that we can decide to make our own part in the tangled mess of relationships that much healthier and more constructive. A secondary objective is to learn defensive tactics so that we don't become too unbalanced by adversities, for no good fruit breeds from an afflicted mind.

I also consider myself a Humanist, in that I believe that both individually and collectively mankind must watch out for itself. Even if I somehow believe in God, I very much doubt I would rely on him for, well, anything.

I'm also an Agnostic and a Strong Atheist, meaning that I very much doubt there is a god of any kind, nor do I see how any human being could possibly know for sure. In fact, I'm also an Apatheist, for I fail to see any real importance to the whole matter of God's existence.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Thanks,

Once I was watching a documentary film about Buddhism and it mentioned that it does not include worshipping any God, just as you mentioned trying to eliminate suffering and reach into joy and good morals

Am I right?

Regards
mahmoud
Pretty much correct; it may vary somewhat depending on which tradition and school we are discussing but overall that's accurate.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Modern Deist

1. Human beings are endowed by their Creator, through natural means, with the ability to Reason.
2. Reason and Natural Law lead us closer to the truth.
3. Reason and Faith lead us to believe in one God, or Prime Mover, who began Creation, and let Creation follow its own path, according to Natural Law.
4. Reason leads us to believe that all Human Beings are equal, regardless of race, origin, gender, or sexual preference.
5. We owe it to ourselves, as Reasonable beings, to act morally towards one and other.
6. God works within the realm of Natural Law, “miracle” and “revealed revelation” does not fit within Natural Law or Reason.
7. We owe it to ourselves, as Reasonable beings, whose very existence is dependent upon Natural Law, to be thoughtful caretakers of this world.
8. God, through Natural Law, gave us life. Reason leads us to believe that our purpose in life should be to live life to the fullest, and to ensure that all are provided the opportunity to do so.
9. Natural Law gives us Freewill. Predestination is contrary to Natural Law and is not Reasonable.
10. There is no “True Path”. As Science and understanding of our Natural world evolve, so too will our understanding of God.

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
I believe that all anyone can know with absolute certainty is that one's consciousness exists. On top of that I make many working assumptions (beliefs?), such as the assumptions that the physical world and other minds exist. Do I think a god could exist? Sure, but that does not mean we are capable of knowing if one or which one does exist. I therefore find any belief in things without sufficient evidence, both logically and through experience, to be baseless assumptions. This includes any and all religions that require the use of faith, which is all of them.

.lava

Veteran Member
i am a Muslim from Tasavvuf. i believe in oneness of everything. i believe everything is created by a creator who's absolute oneness as it is absolute in all ways

dust1n

Zindīq
I don't believe in anything. Everything I know depends on my perspective and circumstance. There is nothing right, there is nothing wrong. The only knowledge I claim to own at all is that I perceive.