• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons, is there any evidence they even exist?

LOL that's what you're promising to mentally ill people if they go to one of your revivals or whatever. If you want to make your religion sound less like magic, stop promising people magical results.

Just stop.
Again what did I promise? Please communicate what I said

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Being healed by the power of God is not snake oil and if anyone has repented, believed the Gospel, given their life to Jesus Christ and born again they are a believer.
I go to a Southern Baptist church and the people there, we all pray, but we also go to doctors and take our prescriptions. How do you know God didn't provide for the medications and doctors that prescribe it?

According to the DSM-5 it is.
Well then God healed me from mental illness and it wasn’t magic, confirmation bias but the power of God. He gave everyone access to Him through Jesus Christ just like the Bible says, Satan hates this and will do everything He can to try to stop it but he can’t because he was defeated at the Cross and Jesus triumphed there. What I believe and know.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Well then God healed me from mental illness and it wasn’t magic, confirmation bias but the power of God. He gave everyone access to Him through Jesus Christ just like the Bible says, Satan hates this and will do everything He can to try to stop it but he can’t because he was defeated at the Cross and Jesus triumphed there. What I believe and know.
If you have found recovery, I'm happy for you. I can't and wouldn't say it didn't happen, but it certainly doesn't rule out the practice of medicine to help those in need and you shouldn't encourage others that may not be in the same place you are to just toss out their prescriptions and go it on there.

I happen to think that God heals through the hands of physicians and the skill of researchers that discover and develop the medications that help millions find their health.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Do you mind my asking what mental illness you were healed from?