• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democratic Debate

Noa

As far as the Republicans, I have a difficult time seeing the party establishment getting behind anyone but Rubio or Bush. None of the others are even remotely electable in a general election.

As a Democrat, I would be very pleased if Trump, Carson, or Cruz were the Republican nominee. It would hand us the election.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Did anyone see the Sunday Shows (Face the Nation, Meet the Press, This Week) ? If so, what did you think of the election coverage?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I think we don't know. That's because we are differing on this thread. That's because there is a percentage chance we like each candidate. Remember intrade.com; people would bet on who would win. No one knew; that's how the website made money.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
We know what will happen during elections next year. Once again the two parties, with bottomless bank accounts, will continually adjust their advertising and policy claims to match polls so that they will come out almost evenly matched even as they strive to outdo one another. As a result the electorate will come close to 50/50, and it will once again seem like a fishy result.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
We know what will happen during elections next year. Once again the two parties, with bottomless bank accounts, will continually adjust their advertising and policy claims to match polls so that they will come out almost evenly matched even as they strive to outdo one another. As a result the electorate will come close to 50/50, and it will once again seem like a fishy result.
This is a pretty good theory. It's probably not a bad thing if two evenly matched candidates emerge. We have to do a better job with vote counting. It would get more interesting if a serious 3rd party candidate stepped forward.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I don't know... are there any historical precedents to base this on? We have had several close elections, but then there was 2012! I guess they're close a lot more often.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
On Fareed Zakaria last Sunday they were talking about super predictors. Essentially pundits are often no better at predicting things then the general public. However there are three traits that make for good predictors:

open mind
attention to nuances
and working in a team

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
On Fareed Zakaria last Sunday they were talking about super predictors. Essentially pundits are often no better at predicting things then the general public. However there are three traits that make for good predictors:

open mind
attention to nuances
and working in a team
I really like his program and consider it maybe the best news-type commentary that is broadcast.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Thank you, you know what I think even if I might get in trouble for saying so:

Somebody should write Ben Carson with these talking points,

The Jews paid 1% tithing on what they had then each year.
I speculate that Abraham may have paid 10% because he had just defeated 9 kings and conquered their kingdoms.
In the New Testament a rich man paid 50% tax and four-fold for all his errors. Jesus approved of this!

Should I write this in a letter format to him?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Thank you, you know what I think even if I might get in trouble for saying so:

Somebody should write Ben Carson with these talking points,

The Jews paid 1% tithing on what they had then each year.
I speculate that Abraham may have paid 10% because he had just defeated 9 kings and conquered their kingdoms.
In the New Testament a rich man paid 50% tax and four-fold for all his errors. Jesus approved of this!

Should I write this in a letter format to him?
I think you meant 10% tithed with us.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think Ben Carson would be good for national unity though not for progressive ideas. He seems too soft to me to be president, and that means he could get us more involved in foreign wars. Presidents rely heavily upon their military advisors, CIA, FBI etc. If they can't say 'No' then off we go to war in places we've never heard of. Not that I'm complaining about him being ahead of Trump in the polls, since D. Trump seems like a wildcard, like some kind of Beeblebrox. Anyway I think we were discussing the Democratic party process.