• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Degrees of love

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am hearing, "I love you more than they do", but I do not believe that love comes in degrees. You either love someone or something or you don't.

Am I way off track again?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If you speak of human love between two peope it is love or no love. But if you talk about unconditional love it reach every living being unconditionally meaning it is a different kid of love that do not fade

Last edited:

Shantanu

I am hearing, "I love you more than they do", but I do not believe that love comes in degrees. You either love someone or something or you don't.

Am I way off track again?
Some times I love the alcoholic spirit Whisky just a little so I can do without it and do not have a craving for it but after having some I develop a craving for it and love it more intesely. It comes from addiction to love, surely?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Some times I love the alcoholic spirit Whisky just a little so I can do without it and do not have a craving for it but after having some I develop a craving for it and love it more intesely. It comes from addiction to love, surely?

The feel you have for alcohol is craving,not the love part. It show a attachments to the taste and effect you get from alcohol. Love is something different

Shantanu

The feel you have for alcohol is craving,not the love part. It show a attachments to the taste and effect you get from alcohol. Love is something different
You like a person first it then becomes love as you know them more. There is also unconditional love for some people but not for others.

Audie

Veteran Member
Nope. I'd say you were right. Emotional dependency comes in degrees, but not love. However, I do believe there are several kinds of love, rather than just one.

Hmm. I am such an expert on love, so-

Of course this is personal, not presented
as a universal.

I have had two boyfriends. I thought this was
love, with the first one. Now I know it was not.

Second one, love was like the dawn coming up, it
was not all at once, all or nothing. I was scared
of it, letting myself love or letting him close.

It has grown and deeped the whole time, even when
I was not ready to admit it to mydelf that he had
found his way over under around and through every
every barrier.

So to me, love grows, I hope so much that ours never stops
growing.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
We are alike there. Sometimes of course, one makes
exceptions, as one cannot live without killing.

Ofcourse if we walk in te forest we can not always see what is under the surface we walking on, and yes there can be living beings who get crushed, but we do not do kill them with intention. We should never kill any living being with intention

Audie

Veteran Member
Ofcourse if we walk in te forest we can not always see what is under the surface we walking on, and yes there can be living beings who get crushed, but we do not do kill them with intention. We should never kill any living being with intention

Oh come now, you do not accidentally chew
up your bean sprouts.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Oh come now, you do not accidentally chew
up your bean sprouts.

I do not kill plants to eat them.
yes i do eat vegetabiles but i do not grow them my self. Even Buddha said plants can be eaten.
The worsed we can kill is animals. birds, but ofcourse even eating plants does acumulate karma