• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Definitions and species (hmmm...)

We Never Know

No Slack
Then you are lying. Why do you lie? About things that you barely understand well enough to lie about, no less.

This... is a marvel of lack of basic education, I am sorry to say.
Personal attacks of calling them a liar and lacking education. Now that surely refutes them lol

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
According to google....that's all I can tell you.

Spinoza's god

"Spinoza on the Nature of God. As understood by Spinoza, God is the one infinite substance who possesses an infinite number of attributes each expressing an eternal aspect of his/her nature. 3. He believes this is so due to the definition of God being equivalent to that of substance, or that which causes itself"

It's a mystery.

YoursTrue

Then you are lying. Why do you lie? About things that you barely understand well enough to lie about, no less.

This... is a marvel of lack of basic education, I am sorry to say.
Ok so was it you who said you could give links to show all about the fish to human evolution (by, of course, natural selection and/or survival of the fittest...)? Even if not, do you know WHICH fish (population) specifically started the process moving along? Not the whole linkage from fish to apes, just the one species of fish that started it? Ok maybe two or three species?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Species is rather important in the sense of evolutionary theory. I notice the title of the book that really took off is "On the Origin of Species..." by Charles Darwin, of course. Yet scientists can't determine what constitutes a species and really how they all started. Of course they can conjecture about it but that does not make it true. And neither do fossils make the imaginary process of changes of organisms regarding species true either. Have a good day.
I told you that the name of the book is a misnomer. PPL need to read the book rather than read the title. Scientists know that species CANNOT be clearly demarcated as that would falsify the evolutionary theory.

Here is your problem. I see that again and again you demand that the evolutionary theory ought be about X or should contain Y instead of just trying to read what it is actually about and what it actually contains. All of your problem is that you are unable or unwilling to read about the theory with a calm mind from a textbook.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Again, I am simply saying it's conjectural analysis. There is no winning or losing in the sense of a debate. It's either true or it's not true. Put another way, either the conjectures are true or they're not. And there is no actual video (yes, I know it's said to have taken millions of years) showing a population of fish growing legs by default or...survival of the fittest.
There are no conjectures! Why do you keep saying that?
You say it's either true or not. What intellectual tools do you use to determine what's true or not?

A video would involve a single fish growing legs, wouldn't it?
"By default?" Explain. What does that mean.
I am saying that the processes declared as true regarding the ToE have no real basis in actuality. By that I mean observation of fish morphing to eventually become mammals (apes and humans).
So you doubt anything that was not actually witnessed? That's a ridiculous standard. You must doubt almost everything excet current events.

What about the recent changes that have been witnessed? What about Noah's flood, or the Genesis stories?
Anything putting fossils together and a scientist saying, "Hey, look, we found this fossil showing that fish developed legs" does not show/prove/demonstrate that a "population " of fish or a couple of fish morphed by "survival of the fittest" or mutations to eventually evolve to become humans.
You just can't grasp sequence, can you? or connect facts together. You believe completely unevidenced stories, and reject well evidenced research.
Do you think at all? Do you use any intellectual tools at all to make sense of the world or assess truth?

YoursTrue

According to google....that's all I can tell you.

Spinoza's god

"Spinoza on the Nature of God. As understood by Spinoza, God is the one infinite substance who possesses an infinite number of attributes each expressing an eternal aspect of his/her nature. 3. He believes this is so due to the definition of God being equivalent to that of substance, or that which causes itself"

Me too I heard of Spinoza but never investigated his beliefs until now. I even took out some books from the library about him. Some things are too mysterious and abstruse for poor little simple me to understand. I'll leave the rest up to ...God.

YoursTrue

I told you that the name of the book is a misnomer. PPL need to read the book rather than read the title. Scientists know that species CANNOT be clearly demarcated as that would falsify the evolutionary theory.

Here is your problem. I see that again and again you demand that the evolutionary theory ought be about X or should contain Y instead of just trying to read what it is actually about and what it actually contains. All of your problem is that you are unable or unwilling to read about the theory with a calm mind from a textbook.
Sorry either I didn't remember or don't know that's not the name of his book. I believe he revised it a little but I'll have to look that up. With that in mind, and your comment, what WAS the very first thing to morph/evolve into various species.

We Never Know

No Slack
And I addressed that, too

I must have missed it. Which part addresses "Most of those that deny evolution believe a god as the creator"

Apparently a scientific controversy = Goddidit!

I'm skeptical. Many Christian do accept evolution, and I doubt most people who accept evolution are atheists.

Excepting those who haven't given the idea much thought, I believe most atheists are motivated either by lack of evidence for a god, or dissatisfaction with religious tenets they were raised with, while most who accept evolution do so because of the supporting evidence, not for any religious factors.

YoursTrue

What I am saying is that there is nothing to show the biologic changes within the organism (like fish) that makes them move/morph/evolve in stages such as becoming human. Classifying fossils and then saying, "this shows that fish became landlubbers" does not make it so. Oh yes, I know it's a long road from fish to human.

YoursTrue

Ok I thought you meant that was not the title.
"In the 1850s, Darwin wrote an influential and controversial book called On the Origin of Species. In it, he proposed that species evolve (or, as he put it, undergo "descent with modification"), and that all living things can trace their descent to a common ancestor."