• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Define the New Testament church.

ukok102nak

~;> indeed
as to defined anything that is
regarding unto the new testaments
someone must post scriptures

unlike someone who is
unscrupulous and
ignorant about the scriptures
but
still pushing its own testament unto others
and again
that someone who is unscrupulous and ignorant unto what is really meant to have a belief and faith
is somekind of a insane or twisted minded person

probably becaused that someone is a victim of being mistreated before or worst
or anything that resemble unto that situation
if we may say so

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

shava

~;> indeed
as to defined anything that is
regarding unto the new testaments
someone must post scriptures

unlike someone who is
unscrupulous and
ignorant about the scriptures
but
still pushing its own testament unto others
and again
that someone who is unscrupulous and ignorant unto what is really meant to have a belief and faith
is somekind of a insane or twisted minded person

probably becaused that someone is a victim of being mistreated before or worst
or anything that resemble unto that situation
if we may say so

godbless
unto all always
May I ask who you are referring to, as for me I always use scripture as noted above. If this isn't referring to me, please disregard, as I just wanted to be sure one way or the other, In Christian love.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It has nothing to do with whose church is better, but everything to do with, which church is spoken of as being recognized as the only church in the New Testament as the "one" which a person must be added to in order to be saved and worshipping according to the New Testament pattern, Romans 16:16, Acts 2:38-47, Mark 16:16, Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2, Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16, Matthew 16:18, Matthew 28:19-20.
The thing is you read that, and you interpret that to your way of thinking, and you then believe you and you only have the truth, keep what you believe to yourself and leave others who as much as you believe, believing they have the truth also, why make a big song and dance over mere interpretation.

If there is such thing as a god, I'm sure he isn't that stupid to want to destroy people over their interpretation, after all he was the one who supposedly wrote the bible, or influenced the writers of that time, if he wanted everyone to know actually what he said, then why couldn't he wrote it a lot better, maybe he just wasn't the man for the job ?.

shava

The thing is you read that, and you interpret that to your way of thinking, and you then believe you and you only have the truth, keep what you believe to yourself and leave others who as much as you believe, believing they have the truth also, why make a big song and dance over mere interpretation.

If there is such thing as a god, I'm sure he isn't that stupid to want to destroy people over their interpretation, after all he was the one who supposedly wrote the bible, or influenced the writers of that time, if he wanted everyone to know actually what he said, then why couldn't he wrote it a lot better, maybe he just wasn't the man for the job ?.
The bible is meant to be interpreted only one way, as God is the author of peace, not confusion. People add and take away from scriptures for their own desires, and I'd be happy to show you some deceitful ways they do it, if you'd like. If I asked you to tell me what this verse means.

I know without a doubt you would say the same thing as I would on what it means, and here's the verse, Mark 16:16, He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, he that believeth not, shall be damned, so tell me what you think it says. Many people are swayed to believe in a false doctrine by many various ways, such as, family, friends, husband, wife, and so on, including preachers who have a way with charming and swaying people who otherwise would never listen to them.

People do not study, there not willing to dig deep, just like one would if they were desiring to become a lawyer or a doctor or any field for that matter if it's worth being in. There's a wonderful book called the Muscle and Shovel, and unexpectedly after he fell away he published a book defaming himself, revealing all of his weaknesses for the world to see, I highly recommend these two books. It's about a salesman who took supplies to all the Baptist churches on a regular basis, and then one day he met a man from the church of Christ and this person began to explain things to him on what the bible says.

This lead the salesman to start asking the Baptist people he came in contact with questions in which he would then study and see what he came up with and compared his with the individual from the church of Christ , and it always was the same as the church of Christ member said. He compiled all of his questions and replies and thus, the book Muscle and Shovel came to be.

InChrist

Free4ever
I think a New Testament church would be a church which derives its doctrine from the NT. While there may be different perspectives on some issues a NT church would include the essentials of the Christian faith or apostles doctrine (Acts 2:42), such as: the inspiration and authority of the Scriptures, the virgin birth, the literal, bodily resurrection Jesus Christ; the substitutionary atonement of Christ on the cross, His second coming, and the doctrine of the trinity.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The bible is meant to be interpreted only one way, as God is the author of peace, not confusion. People add and take away from scriptures for their own desires, and I'd be happy to show you some deceitful ways they do it, if you'd like. If I asked you to tell me what this verse means.

I know without a doubt you would say the same thing as I would on what it means, and here's the verse, Mark 16:16, He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, he that believeth not, shall be damned, so tell me what you think it says. Many people are swayed to believe in a false doctrine by many various ways, such as, family, friends, husband, wife, and so on, including preachers who have a way with charming and swaying people who otherwise would never listen to them.

People do not study, there not willing to dig deep, just like one would if they were desiring to become a lawyer or a doctor or any field for that matter if it's worth being in. There's a wonderful book called the Muscle and Shovel, and unexpectedly after he fell away he published a book defaming himself, revealing all of his weaknesses for the world to see, I highly recommend these two books. It's about a salesman who took supplies to all the Baptist churches on a regular basis, and then one day he met a man from the church of Christ and this person began to explain things to him on what the bible says.

This lead the salesman to start asking the Baptist people he came in contact with questions in which he would then study and see what he came up with and compared his with the individual from the church of Christ , and it always was the same as the church of Christ member said. He compiled all of his questions and replies and thus, the book Muscle and Shovel came to be.
Thanks for that big reply, but really your just compiling all that you believe in or the way you interpret the scriptures, that how you see god, and that is your personal walk with god, but other people see it in a different light, don't worry so much, your not going to destroyed by anyone for thinking differently, if there is such thing as a god, and he is that picky, I wouldn't want to know him at all, his all your's.

shava

Thanks for that big reply, but really your just compiling all that you believe in or the way you interpret the scriptures, that how you see god, and that is your personal walk with god, but other people see it in a different light, don't worry so much, your not going to destroyed by anyone for thinking differently, if there is such thing as a god, and he is that picky, I wouldn't want to know him at all, his all your's.
I respect your choice.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
People add and take away from scriptures for their own desires,
This includes you.
You actually remind me of the Pharisees Jesus had such a problem with. You are very big on who is following the rules you think important. Then you will also say false and hurtful things about people, like you did in the "spiraling downward" thread.

"Love God. Love your neighbor" doesn't look like your motto.
Tom

ukok102nak

~;> I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happen to them all.

as it is written
:read:
Luke 12:15
He said to them, "Beware! Keep yourselves from all covetousness, for a man's life does not consist of the abundance of the things which he possesses."

godbless
unto all always

May I ask who you are referring to, as for me I always use scripture as noted above. If this isn't referring to me, please disregard, as I just wanted to be sure one way or the other, In Christian love.

shava

This includes you.
You actually remind me of the Pharisees Jesus had such a problem with. You are very big on who is following the rules you think important. Then you will also say false and hurtful things about people, like you did in the "spiraling downward" thread.

"Love God. Love your neighbor" doesn't look like your motto.
Tom
You know, even Christians have feelings, and when repeatedly attacked by sarcasm and words like moron, and words with just one first letter in them for me to interpret by filling in the blanks, has a tendency to make one want to lash back, although it isn't the way God would've handled it, but remember, I'm not God, I'm human. I do regret that I stooped to there level, but sadly I did, and I'm truly sorry for doing that and I wish to apologize to all who were affected by my sarcastic words, including you.

David1967

Premium Member
You know, even Christians have feelings, and when repeatedly attacked by sarcasm and words like moron, and words with just one first letter in them for me to interpret by filling in the blanks, has a tendency to make one want to lash back, although it isn't the way God would've handled it, but remember, I'm not God, I'm human. I do regret that I stooped to there level, but sadly I did, and I'm truly sorry for doing that and I wish to apologize to all who were affected by my sarcastic words, including you.

I agree Shava. Words like "moron" should never be used in a debate if we are to come to any productive exchange of views. I personally disagree with many of your opinions of the new testament church and look forward to a hopefully respectful debate. Sincerely

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I am to understand that you're an atheist, right? I just wanted to know so I could structure my comments accordingly my friend, In Christian love.
No I don't call myself an atheist, I don't also believe in a personal god, what you call god is to me all there is, I call it the Source of all. For me we are all from the Source, and we are also the Source, the Source doesn't judge us at all, we do that ourselves, the Source just allows everything to be what it is, because we are all one in the Source, we should simply treat each other equally, when we hurt someone we are really hurting ourselves, for again we are One.

David1967

Premium Member
No I don't call myself an atheist, I don't also believe in a personal god, what you call god is to me all there is, I call it the Source of all. For me we are all from the Source, and we are also the Source, the Source doesn't judge us at all, we do that ourselves, the Source just allows everything to be what it is, because we are all one in the Source, we should simply treat each other equally, when we hurt someone we are really hurting ourselves, for again we are One.

I like that philosophy.

shava

God is not a personal God, King James Bible, Acts 10:34
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

King James Bible, John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Everyone will stand before God in Judgment one day soon. Those who have heard the word of truth, the gospel of their salvation, and believed in him (Jesus), are sealed with the promised Holy Spirit (Eph 1:13). The promise is eternal life for all who believe. This judgment will be for rewards because salvation is already guaranteed. Those who have heard and do not believe will also be judged at a different judgment and their names are not written in the book of life. You can know that you have eternal life; won’t you come to Jesus today?

The bible takes study, lots of studying, like a book I've read, called Muscle and Shovel, which it relates to one really needing to use brain muscle and a shovel to dig deep into scripture to find the truth, it's not a book to just be read, it's a book to be given your utmost attention through diligent study.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
God is not a personal God, King James Bible, Acts 10:34
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

King James Bible, John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Everyone will stand before God in Judgment one day soon. Those who have heard the word of truth, the gospel of their salvation, and believed in him (Jesus), are sealed with the promised Holy Spirit (Eph 1:13). The promise is eternal life for all who believe. This judgment will be for rewards because salvation is already guaranteed. Those who have heard and do not believe will also be judged at a different judgment and their names are not written in the book of life. You can know that you have eternal life; won’t you come to Jesus today?

The bible takes study, lots of studying, like a book I've read, called Muscle and Shovel, which it relates to one really needing to use brain muscle and a shovel to dig deep into scripture to find the truth, it's not a book to just be read, it's a book to be given your utmost attention through diligent study.
Yes I have studied the bible for many years, I was a Seventh Day Adventist for many years, and they are a very strong bible studying religion.