• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Define the New Testament church.

ukok102nak

~;> also
We find the word ecclesia used in the following senses in the
New Testament: It is translated "assembly" in the ordinary
classical sense (Acts 19:32, 39, 41).

All the Christians in a particular city, whether they
assembled together in one place or in several places for
religious worship, were an ecclesia. Thus all the disciples in
Antioch, forming several congregations, were one church (Acts 13:1); so also we read of the "church of God at Corinth" (1 Cor. 1:2), "the church at Jerusalem" (Acts 8:1), "the church of Ephesus" (Rev. 2:1), etc.

The church to which the attributes, prerogatives, and promises
appertaining to Christ's kingdom belong, is a spiritual body
consisting of all true believers, i.e., the church invisible.

Its unity. God has ever had only one church on earth. We
sometimes speak of the Old Testament Church and of the New Testament church, but they are one and the same. The Old Testament church was not to be changed but enlarged (Isa. 49:13-23; 60:1-14). When the Jews are at length restored, they will not enter a new church, but will be grafted again into
"their own olive tree" (Rom. 11:18-24; comp. Eph. 2:11-22).
The apostles did not set up a new organization. Under their ministry
disciples were "added" to the "church" already existing (Acts 2:47).

Its perpetuity. It will continue through all ages to the
end of the world. It can never be destroyed.
It is an "everlasting kindgdom."

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

Last edited by a moderator:

ukok102nak

~;> oh thats why
your so eager to push your
doctrine unto us
but then you can
still may make amend by sharing some information unto all
or by comparing that information with a good intention
so that your words would not be more on preaching and proselytizing

by the way
this is one of those
Church (or churches that we really like most)
as the term chuch
Derived probably from the Greek kuriakon (i.e., "the Lord's
house"), which was used by ancient authors for the place of
worship.

In the New Testament it is the translation of the Greek word
ecclesia, which is synonymous with the Hebrew _kahal_ of the Old
Testament, both words meaning simply an assembly, the character
of which can only be known from the connection in which the word
is found. There is no clear instance of its being used for a
place of meeting or of worship, although in post-apostolic times
it early received this meaning.

as we've said before
this is one of those
Church
or churches that we really like most
as it is written
:read:
Revelation of John 2:18
"To the angel of the congregation in Thyatira write: "The Son of God, who has his eyes like a flame of fire, and his feet are like burnished brass, says these things:
... .
24 But to you I say, to the rest who are in Thyatira, as many as do not have this teaching, who do not know what some call 'the deep things of Satan,' to you I say, I am not putting any other burden on you.
25 Nevertheless, hold that which you have firmly until I come.
26 He who overcomes, and he who keeps my works to the end, to him I will give authority over the nations.
27 He will rule them with a rod of iron, shattering them like clay pots;l as I also have received of my Father:
28 and I will give him the morning star.
29 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

. ... as they say
The church invisible "consists of the whole number of the
elect that have been, are, or shall be gathered into one under
Christ, the head thereof." This is a pure society, the church in
which Christ dwells. It is the body of Christ. it is called
"invisible" because the greater part of those who constitute it
are already in heaven or are yet unborn, and also because its
members still on earth cannot certainly be distinguished. The
qualifications of membership in it are internal and are hidden.
It is unseen except by Him who "searches the heart." "The Lord
knoweth them that are his" (2 Tim. 2:19).

godbless
unto all always

Last edited by a moderator:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Any body of people who believe in the new testament, that simple really, unless you want to make it into who's church is better, which would be childish.

ukok102nak

~;> what is good and who cannot lie
is much better than any most material things that were created within this plane of existence

godbless
unto all always

shava

~;> oh thats why
your so eager to push your
doctrine unto us
but then you can
still may make amend by sharing some information unto all
or by comparing that information with a good intention
so that your words would not be more on preaching and proselytizing

by the way
this is one of those
Church (or churches that we really like most)
as the term chuch
Derived probably from the Greek kuriakon (i.e., "the Lord's
house"), which was used by ancient authors for the place of
worship.

In the New Testament it is the translation of the Greek word
ecclesia, which is synonymous with the Hebrew _kahal_ of the Old
Testament, both words meaning simply an assembly, the character
of which can only be known from the connection in which the word
is found. There is no clear instance of its being used for a
place of meeting or of worship, although in post-apostolic times
it early received this meaning.

as we've said before
this is one of those
Church
or churches that we really like most
as it is written
Revelation of John 2:18
"To the angel of the congregation in Thyatira write: "The Son of God, who has his eyes like a flame of fire, and his feet are like burnished brass, says these things:
... .
24 But to you I say, to the rest who are in Thyatira, as many as do not have this teaching, who do not know what some call 'the deep things of Satan,' to you I say, I am not putting any other burden on you.
25 Nevertheless, hold that which you have firmly until I come.
26 He who overcomes, and he who keeps my works to the end, to him I will give authority over the nations.
27 He will rule them with a rod of iron, shattering them like clay pots;l as I also have received of my Father:
28 and I will give him the morning star.
29 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

. ... as they say
The church invisible "consists of the whole number of the
elect that have been, are, or shall be gathered into one under
Christ, the head thereof." This is a pure society, the church in
which Christ dwells. It is the body of Christ. it is called
"invisible" because the greater part of those who constitute it
are already in heaven or are yet unborn, and also because its
members still on earth cannot certainly be distinguished. The
qualifications of membership in it are internal and are hidden.
It is unseen except by Him who "searches the heart." "The Lord
knoweth them that are his" (2 Tim. 2:19).

godbless
unto all always
The New Testament speaks of immersing being one of the requirements in the New Testament church, along with singing only, as these commands tells us, Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16. Also the New Testament speaks of worshipping only on the Lord's day, which is identified as Sunday, King James Bible, Acts 20:7.
And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
1 Corinthians 16:2New King James Version (NKJV)

2 On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come.

shava

Any body of people who believe in the new testament, that simple really, unless you want to make it into who's church is better, which would be childish.
King James Bible, Ephesians 4:5
One Lord, one faith, one baptism, Acts 2:38-47, The New Testament speaks of immersing being one of the requirements in the New Testament church, along with singing only, as these commands tells us, Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16. Also the New Testament speaks of worshipping only on the Lord's day, which is identified as Sunday, King James Bible, Acts 20:7.
And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

2 On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come.
Romans 16:16King James Version (KJV)

16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you. Can you show me another church in the bible that greets you, which signifies a particular church to reference from?

ukok102nak

The New Testament speaks of immersing being one of the requirements in the New Testament church, along with singing only, as these commands tells us, Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16. Also the New Testament speaks of worshipping only on the Lord's day, which is identified as Sunday, King James Bible, Acts 20:7.

~;> as they say
Freely you received, so freely give.

by the way
perhaps you could read this part of the scripture and compared it unto the verses that you've posted
and
this is the verses
so as it is written
Matthew 10:9
Do not take any gold, nor silver, nor brass in your money belts.
10 Take no bag for your journey, neither two coats, nor shoes, nor staff: for the laborer is worthy of his food.
11 And into whatever city or village you enter, find out who in it is worthy; and stay there until you go on.
12 And as you enter into the household, greet it.
13 And if the household is worthy, let your peace come on it, but if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 And whoever does not receive you, nor hear your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake off the dust from your feet.
15 Truly I tell you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.
16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

. ... just for a thought
if we may say so ... .

godbless
unto all always

psychoslice

Veteran Member
One Lord, one faith, one baptism, Acts 2:38-47, The New Testament speaks of immersing being one of the requirements in the New Testament church, along with singing only, as these commands tells us, Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16. Also the New Testament speaks of worshipping only on the Lord's day, which is identified as Sunday, King James Bible, Acts 20:7.

16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you. Can you show me another church in the bible that greets you, which signifies a particular church to reference from?
no, you are making things to difficult for yourself, you are too narrow minded to see beyond your own beliefs, you cherry pick to suit yourself just like many other branches of Christianity, if there is a god, do you really think that he would be that stupid that he cannot even get what he means over to people, without making a big complicated mess, if you love God with your heat, then I am sure he will except that, people like you only want to confuse everyone believing you and only you have the truth, yea pull the other one.

Last edited:

ukok102nak

~;> as not being bias
we have observed that
literally your pointing unto that
holy kiss greetings of the churches

although as we read that term
we have a very different spiritual interpretation unto that words which you represent as the
now
read this verses as we have a different
belief and faith unto this so called
as it is written
2 Corinthians 3:2
You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men;
3 being revealed that you are a letter of Messiah, served by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tablets of stone, but in tablets that are hearts of flesh.

now again
what do you think of that verses
that we posted before
if you would compare it unto the verses that youve posted earlier

Last edited:

shava

no, you are making things to difficult for yourself, you are too narrow minded to see beyond your own beliefs, you cherry pick to suit yourself just like many other branches of Christianity, if there is a god, do you really think that he would be that stupid that he cannot even get what he means over to people, without making a big complicated mess, if you love God with your heat, then I am sure he will except that, people like you only want to confuse everyone believing you and only you have the truth, yea pull the other one.
Man makes the mess by interpreting the bible for their own desires, not God. Cherry picking scripture to prove your point as one must reference the scripture that backs up one's claim, although atheist do cherry pick by using verses they know not the actual meaning of. The bible states only one church, one specific church by which that church must "worship" according to the New Testament, which makes that church the only true church spoken of in the bible. This is clear when one studies the New Testament, as to that being a fact.

ukok102nak

~;> probably your familiar unto this
as it is written
Hebrews 12:23
To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

godbless
unto all always

psychoslice

Veteran Member

Is that all you can do is quot Scripture, you cannot even trust scripture, it has been alted over many years to suit whoever at that time. No, you have to see beyond mere scripture, truth is not found in any scriptures not matter what scriptures, you think too much with your head and not your heart, "depart from me, I never knew you".

David1967

Premium Member

What day did Jesus set aside to worship?

shava

It has nothing to do with whose church is better, but everything to do with, which church is spoken of as being recognized as the only church in the New Testament as the "one" which a person must be added to in order to be saved and worshipping according to the New Testament pattern, Romans 16:16, Acts 2:38-47, Mark 16:16, Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2, Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16, Matthew 16:18, Matthew 28:19-20.