• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Defending Asaad!

Asaad is

• lesser of two evils

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I prefer him over Sunni fanatics

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Asaad is the greater evil

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Ellen Brown

Maybe trying to see this in a dichotomy between "good" and "evil" is a big part of the problem? Everyone involved is pretty bad, yet all their supporters are trying to cram their preferred side into a "shining hero facing demonic hordes" type box.

Being an idealistic American with a conscience that studies history, America has done some evil things. I'm not Russian and have no connection with them aside from watching YouTube. It seems clear that Russia has about 1/10th the economy of the US. Assad is an Alawite who was raised in the UK, as is his wife. The big money industrialists, and oil barons could let up a bit, I think. Lots of them enjoy wars because they make lots of money.

ecco

Veteran Member
I believe that is something Donald Trump will answer for on Judgement Day.
That kind of thinking is a real problem for me. If my religious views are right and yours are wrong, the Trump will not receive any punishment. Also, many religious people believe that death-bed "repentance" let's even the worst of the worst get into heaven.

Ellen Brown

That kind of thinking is a real problem for me. If my religious views are right and yours are wrong, the Trump will not receive any punishment. Also, many religious people believe that death-bed "repentance" let's even the worst of the worst get into heaven.

Who are any of us to say?

Ellen Brown

AFAIK assad and Co are alawites,they have 7 pillars instead of the regular 5.

They were both raised and educated in the UK. I wonder if his wife converted to it when they married, or was Alawhite all along?

Not sure why the Syria civil war started. My best guess is that the Sunni were being their usual superioristic selves, and needed some Drama. I had heard that the drought stricken farmers had asked for help from Assad, and he started shooting.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
To be more correct, it is not the American "people" who do this. It is the members of the American Oligarchy who do such evil to make money and empires.
Some Muslims i prayed with called America "the Romans and Jews". Perhaps there is more truth to that statement then some people would like to think?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
They were both raised and educated in the UK. I wonder if his wife converted to it when they married, or was Alawhite all along?

Not sure why the Syria civil war started. My best guess is that the Sunni were being their usual superioristic selves, and needed some Drama. I had heard that the drought stricken farmers had asked for help from Assad, and he started shooting.

Its a real melting pot and some say assad kindness to Christians was a front, there's also druze and yazidis in the pot but the thing I find most intreaguing is Syria is a sunni majority country run by Shia and Iraq was the opposite under sadam.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
View attachment 23996 View attachment 23993 View attachment 23994 View attachment 23995

Donald Trump was absolutely mistaken when He attacked Asaad. If any of you read the sources I have seen, and studied Shiites, or if you actually met Asaad, you would know he's a great guy!

Christians and non-muslims fled to Asaad for refuge from extremist Sunnis. Asaad accepted them with open arms and protected them. Obama supported the Sunni fanatics instead.

"A Christian Bishop said, “Personally, I would say that Bashar al-Assad is a good man. I don’t want to pass judgment beyond that, but I’ve met him a couple of times and all my colleagues, my fellow bishops and the priests and nuns, appreciate him. That doesn’t mean he’s an angel.”

The prelate, who has been archbishop for 20 years, said people in the country faced uncomfortable choices: “If we have to choose between ISIS and Assad, we choose Assad."
President Assad is a ‘good man’, says Syrian archbishop | CatholicHerald.co.uk

Non-muslims and Shiites know that if the Sunnis take over Syria, they will be enslaved, raped, and cleansed from the country.

Shiites make up 10% of the Islamic population and have been getting raped, tortured, imprisoned, executed, and considered evil unbelievers by Sunnis for roughly 1400 years.

The few Shiite nations there are, are far more kind to their women. Iranian women can unveil their head and protest the government. Iran has AA meetings rather than execute alcoholics. Iran is very kind to Jews compared to Saudi-Arabia , and has many operating synagogues that are not persecuted, despite anti-Semitism running more rampant in Islam than any other Religion. List of synagogues in Iran - Wikipedia Find me a synagogue in Saudi-Arabia, the Sunni Holy land.

Look at how Asaad treats non-muslims compared to Saudi-Arabia. Asaad works with the religious minorities rather than crucify, torture, rape, imprison or exterminate them.

How do you Know Asaad had anything to do with those gas attacks? His men may have done that without his permission to try and stop the Sunni threat. Russia said it is fake news, and I honestly admire contemporary Russia more than America.

America says stupid things about Putin, like Putin supposedly said, "If they bomb Russia, in half an hour every Muslim will die". Russia has more Muslims than other European countries. Putin would never say that. American media lies all the time.

If America intervenes, it should be to help Shiites win this 1400 year Sunni bullying frenzy. I've even seen Sunnis at RF condemn Shia Islam as a Satanic sect. I've never seen @Shia Islam condemn anyone of any faith.

When radical sunnis bomb a Christian Church or monastery, Asaad comes to their defense and meets with the non-muslims who were harmed. He investigates it, and acts with compassion and noble mindedness:
View attachment 23997

Taliban, Sadaam Hussein's regime, the sick Saudi government, and ISIS were all Sunni. We should never bomb or attack Shiites and should stop supporting Saudi-Arabia. Asaad is a sweet cuddly teddy bear in comparison.

Thoughts?

Hi there,

Thanks for this important post..

Let me start by saying this which I always like to emphasize..

As you know, throughout the Islamic History, the Shiites bore the brunt of playing the role of the opposition to the despot Sunni ruling regimes..

The Shiites believe that prophet Muhammad has appointed 12 succeeding Imams, one after the other, where the Shiites consider the Imams to be like-prophets..

During the first three centuries of the Islamic History, 11 of the Shiites Imams were killed by the villain Sunni Caliphs..

The Shiites look at the 12th Imam to be similar to Jesus in that he will return at the end time..

God caused the 12th Imam to disappear, and after the disappearance of the twelve Imam, the Shiites have chosen not to be involved in politics, and to continue as a religious movement calling for reforming Islam from the distortion that was caused by the Sunni Caliphs, and calling for the awaiting the 12 Imam, the Mahdi, the savior, who they believe will return with Jesus to establish justice in earth.

However, when Imam Khomeini came, he found that the Shia Islam has spread and that the Shiites should now start to fight the oppression and establish a state of their own..

He also thought that the Shiites should help the moderate Sunnis to remove the Sunni Despots all over the Muslim countries..

He called for a unity with the moderate Sunnis..

However, the moderate Sunnis to a large degree are influenced by the radical Sunnis..

So the Sunnis in general has abandoned him..

And the only country that stood with him is the Syria ..

We don’t say that Assad is an angel, but at least under his rule as mentioned in your post, people of all faiths lived without feeling that their faith is casing them problems ..

Then, we know that all the Muslim countries are ruled by despots, so why it is only in Syria where democracy must rule?

Also, the problem with the Political Sunni Islam, is that it is calling for the return of the Caliphate..

The caliphate system is based on having a Sunni Caliph who is ruling with absolute power..

These Caliphs would oppress all the others, were they are influenced by the Sunni radicals who consider every other religious groups to be heretical, these includes the Shiites, the Sufis and so on..

The whole world has suffered an will continue to suffer from this ideology..

Since the early days of the So called Syria civil war, the radical Sunnis have infiltrated the different movements and used the war as a way to establish their caliphate..

And they finally succeeded to establish it and called it ISIS..

The whole world have seen some of their ugly face..

Where they committed crimes that the world has not seen in the recent age..

If it was not for Russia, Iran, the Kurds and the Shiite movements, ISIS would have succeeded in controlling even more lands..

And keep in mind that they believe that their so called Caliph is the only legitimate ruler on earth!

They want first to rule all the Muslims, but they dream even more..

The civilized world must be vigilant..

This is a real danger for the humanity!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hi there,

As you know, throughout the Islamic History, the Shiites bore the brunt of playing the role of the opposition to the despot Sunni ruling regimes..

The Shiites believe that prophet Muhammad has appointed 12 succeeding Imams, one after the other, where the Shiites consider the Imams to be like-prophets..

During the first three centuries of the Islamic History, 11 of the Shiites Imams were killed by the villain Sunni Caliphs..

The Shiites look at the 12th Imam to be similar to Jesus in that he will return at the end time..

God caused the 12th Imam to disappear, and after the disappearance of the twelve Imam, the Shiites have chosen not to be involved in politics, and to continue as a religious movement calling for reforming Islam from the distortion that was caused by the Sunni Caliphs, and calling for the awaiting the 12 Imam, the Mahdi, the savior, who they believe will return with Jesus to establish justice in earth.

However, when Imam Khomeini came, he found that the Shia Islam has spread and that the Shiites should now start to fight the oppression and establish a state of their own..

He also thought that the Shiites should help the moderate Sunnis to remove the Sunni Despots all over the Muslim countries..

However, the moderate Sunnis to a large degree are influenced by the radical Sunnis..

We don’t say that Assad is an angel, but at least under his rule as mentioned in your post, people of all faiths lived without feeling that their faith is casing them problems ..

Then, we know that all the Muslim countries are ruled by despots, so why it is only in Syria where democracy must rule?

Also, the problem with the Political Sunni Islam, is that it is calling for the return of the Caliphate..

The caliphate system is based on having a Sunni Caliph who is ruling with absolute power..

These Caliphs would oppress all the others, were they are influenced by the Sunni radicals who consider every other religious groups to be heretical, these includes the Shiites, the Sufis and so on..

Since the early days of the So called Syria civil war, the radical Sunnis have infiltrated the different movements and used the war as a way to establish their caliphate..

If it was not for Russia, Iran, the Kurds and the Shiite movements, ISIS would have succeeded in controlling even more lands..

And keep in mind that they believe that their so called Caliph is the only legitimate ruler on earth!

I wish every RF poster would read your post here. You should start a thread about it.

If you do, please mention me so that I can get a notification that you started the thread.

I don't want to miss it, because the more I read about Shiites the more I believe America should be allied with them.

I hope the 21st century will be the century where the Shiites get victory in a conflict that has been going on 1400 years where they are severely outnumbered and outgunned.

Iran , Iraq, and Syria are beacons of hope for me! :)

ecco

Veteran Member
Hi there,

I read your post and followed up with some research on the history of the problems between the major factions of Islam.

Get over it. You people have been fighting and killing each other for over 1000 years. And you wonder why people laugh when you call Islam a religion of Peace.

On the other hand, don't get over it. I'd rather see you continue to mostly kill each other rather than us.

Ellen Brown

I read your post and followed up with some research on the history of the problems between the major factions of Islam.

Get over it. You people have been fighting and killing each other for over 1000 years. And you wonder why people laugh when you call Islam a religion of Peace.

On the other hand, don't get over it. I'd rather see you continue to mostly kill each other rather than us.

It is one of the reasons that I am not such a good Muslim. It's been 1386 years since the death of Muhammad PBUH and it to me it is inexcusable that they do not work it out. If Islam were true ....

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I said I believe Donald Trump will answer for it.
We all will answer for certain things.
But that is just my belief.
I don't know that it is true.
I never said I knew my belief was true.
I just think there will be some way that everyone is held accountable for their bad deeds.
But I could be mistaken.