• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Defending Asaad!

Asaad is

• lesser of two evils

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I prefer him over Sunni fanatics

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Asaad is the greater evil

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
rr.jpg
tt.jpg
uu.jpg
yy.jpg

Donald Trump was absolutely mistaken when He attacked Asaad. If any of you read the sources I have seen, and studied Shiites, or if you actually met Asaad, you would know he's a great guy!

Christians and non-muslims fled to Asaad for refuge from extremist Sunnis. Asaad accepted them with open arms and protected them. Obama supported the Sunni fanatics instead.

"A Christian Bishop said, “Personally, I would say that Bashar al-Assad is a good man. I don’t want to pass judgment beyond that, but I’ve met him a couple of times and all my colleagues, my fellow bishops and the priests and nuns, appreciate him. That doesn’t mean he’s an angel.”

The prelate, who has been archbishop for 20 years, said people in the country faced uncomfortable choices: “If we have to choose between ISIS and Assad, we choose Assad."
President Assad is a ‘good man’, says Syrian archbishop | CatholicHerald.co.uk

Non-muslims and Shiites know that if the Sunnis take over Syria, they will be enslaved, raped, and cleansed from the country.

Shiites make up 10% of the Islamic population and have been getting raped, tortured, imprisoned, executed, and considered evil unbelievers by Sunnis for roughly 1400 years.

The few Shiite nations there are, are far more kind to their women. Iranian women can unveil their head and protest the government. Iran has AA meetings rather than execute alcoholics. Iran is very kind to Jews compared to Saudi-Arabia , and has many operating synagogues that are not persecuted, despite anti-Semitism running more rampant in Islam than any other Religion. List of synagogues in Iran - Wikipedia Find me a synagogue in Saudi-Arabia, the Sunni Holy land.

Look at how Asaad treats non-muslims compared to Saudi-Arabia. Asaad works with the religious minorities rather than crucify, torture, rape, imprison or exterminate them.

How do you Know Asaad had anything to do with those gas attacks? His men may have done that without his permission to try and stop the Sunni threat. Russia said it is fake news, and I honestly admire contemporary Russia more than America.

America says stupid things about Putin, like Putin supposedly said, "If they bomb Russia, in half an hour every Muslim will die". Russia has more Muslims than other European countries. Putin would never say that. American media lies all the time.

If America intervenes, it should be to help Shiites win this 1400 year Sunni bullying frenzy. I've even seen Sunnis at RF condemn Shia Islam as a Satanic sect. I've never seen @Shia Islam condemn anyone of any faith.

When radical sunnis bomb a Christian Church or monastery, Asaad comes to their defense and meets with the non-muslims who were harmed. He investigates it, and acts with compassion and noble mindedness:
gg.jpg

Taliban, Sadaam Hussein's regime, the sick Saudi government, and ISIS were all Sunni. We should never bomb or attack Shiites and should stop supporting Saudi-Arabia. Asaad is a sweet cuddly teddy bear in comparison.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Instead of attacking Iran, we should tell Iran, "Cease with your nuclear weapons attempts, and we will help you support the Shiites wherever they are threatened and persecuted."

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I was hoping that someone would weigh in on this. I do not know enough about him to weigh in.
Surely you know how Sunnis consider Shiites Satanic unbelievers and rob the Shiite minority of basic dignity and liberties and in many places straight up exterminate the Shiites they don't use as sex slaves. There are Sunni men who pray for Shiite women and girls before and after raping them. Those Shiites are in danger of hell, but Sunnis get to enslave and rape them without the same danger. How stupid is that?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
In that image, Asaad is meeting with a Christian and looking at images of Jesus. Images of Jesus are banned in Islam. Asaad is a down to earth Muslim who respects non-muslims.

WalterTrull

Godfella
Hey, he's an ophthalmologist. He's not supposed to know certain stuff. "That gas was poison??"

(No offense to opthalmologists)

Ellen Brown

Hey, he's an ophthalmologist. He's not supposed to know certain stuff. "That gas was poison??"

(No offense to opthalmologists)

My own "opinion" about Syria is that they'd been in a conflict with Israel years ago. I thought that was settled. More recently, until the civil war, I used to purchase all my clothing through a company called Shukr. At the time, it was modest women's clothing, and well made too, for a price that seemed fair.

Since the war, all that is gone. The story I get from Muslims from there is that there was a severe drought there and that prompted the farmers to ask President Assad for help, and instead, he started shooting people. I do not know if that is factual. I have learned that in most cultures, the values of Islam take a back seat to local mores.

The Assad regime is Alawite, and not Muslim. That was a surprise to find out. However, there were ancient Christians who speak Aramaic, and Jews, and who knows who else? I think it likely that there were Zoroastrians, Yazidis, and other obscure groups there. Some of the oldest cultures in the world were there. Syria, Iraq, and Iran have been trading with each other for a very long time. I think it is likely that Shia, and Sunni disagreements in the region contributed to the trouble.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
My own "opinion" about Syria is that they'd been in a conflict with Israel years ago. I thought that was settled. More recently, until the civil war, I used to purchase all my clothing through a company called Shukr. At the time, it was modest women's clothing, and well made too, for a price that seemed fair.

Since the war, all that is gone. The story I get from Muslims from there is that there was a severe drought there and that prompted the farmers to ask President Assad for help, and instead, he started shooting people. I do not know if that is factual. I have learned that in most cultures, the values of Islam take a back seat to local mores.

The Assad regime is Alawite, and not Muslim. That was a surprise to find out. However, there were ancient Christians who speak Aramaic, and Jews, and who knows who else? I think it likely that there were Zoroastrians, Yazidis, and other obscure groups there. Some of the oldest cultures in the world were there. Syria, Iraq, and Iran have been trading with each other for a very long time. I think it is likely that Shia, and Sunni disagreements in the region contributed to the trouble.
Alawites consider themselves Shiite.

People say that sufis are not Muslim either but they are.

ecco

Veteran Member
We should have kept out of Syria just like we should have kept out of Iraq. Both Countries were run by brutal dictators. But they kept the lid on. There was no ISIS or Taliban in either Country. Women were treated with respect and were allowed to get educated.

If we hadn't put an equally brutal dictator in Iran, there might never have been a Religious "uprising".

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
We should have kept out of Syria just like we should have kept out of Iraq. Both Countries were run by brutal dictators. But they kept the lid on. There was no ISIS or Taliban in either Country. Women were treated with respect and were allowed to get educated.

If we hadn't put an equally brutal dictator in Iran, there might never have been a Religious "uprising".

I don't think we should have gotten involved either. I suspect it is more about controlling oil interests. Syria is caught between The US and Russia. Both are there supposedly to help but really both countries are trying to help themselves.

I kind of doubt either side cares if who runs Syria of how he runs it as long as they can control the oil fields.

So who is more evil? The US, Russia or Assad?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
We should have kept out of Syria just like we should have kept out of Iraq. Both Countries were run by brutal dictators. But they kept the lid on.

Kind of like Saddam. The U.S. had a hard time fomenting a revolution in Iraq because Saddam was so effective in his methods.
CIA Lists Provide Basis for Iraqi Bloodbath
A Tyrant 40 Years in the Making - The New York Times
Revealed: how the West set Saddam on the bloody road to power | The Independent

New York Democrat Jerry Nadler ( Jerrold Nadler - Wikipedia ) claims Memes on the Internet is the same as Pearl Harbour! @2:03-2:20

5:23- 7:50 is good also:

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member

Ellen Brown

America is expert at supporting the wrong side in hopes of making a financial killing. Pun intended. Look at what we did in Central America, and Cuba. Look at what we did through very sneaky lobbying in South America. Look how American Missionaries destroyed Hawaiian culture. We've been messing around in the Middle East for a very long time. And most sickening for me is that bombs recently used in Yemen were sold to the Saudis by America. :(

Spiderman

Veteran Member
America is expert at supporting the wrong side in hopes of making a financial killing. Pun intended. Look at what we did in Central America, and Cuba. Look at what we did through very sneaky lobbying in South America. Look how American Missionaries destroyed Hawaiian culture. We've been messing around in the Middle East for a very long time. And most sickening for me is that bombs recently used in Yemen were sold to the Saudis by America. :(
American support of Saudi Arabia and their sick agenda against the Shiite minority, is one of the most disgusting things I've seen America do.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I don't think we should have gotten involved either. I suspect it is more about controlling oil interests. Syria is caught between The US and Russia. Both are there supposedly to help but really both countries are trying to help themselves.

I kind of doubt either side cares if who runs Syria of how he runs it as long as they can control the oil fields.

So who is more evil? The US, Russia or Assad?
Maybe trying to see this in a dichotomy between "good" and "evil" is a big part of the problem? Everyone involved is pretty bad, yet all their supporters are trying to cram their preferred side into a "shining hero facing demonic hordes" type box.