• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

death

steveoh

everything is an illusion, living a life is like slowing down a time and living it to the fullest, sleeping is the same as being dead, the physical body is turned off, and thoughts become reality.

chinu

chinu
everything is an illusion, living a life is like slowing down a time and living it to the fullest, sleeping is the same as being dead, the physical body is turned off, and thoughts become reality.
Now what to do, Think..:)

_/\_
Chinu

capslockf9

We are not born but come out of the world. The ultimate awakening is the realization that the self is nothing but an imagination.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
We are not born but come out of the world. The ultimate awakening is the realization that the self is nothing but an imagination.

In reflection, the preference tends to fall towards illusory and fleeting as opposed to ultimate anything. You can keep ultimate if you wish to do so. It peed on the couch too much so I decided to let it out the door so it can have a bit of a play.

Incidentally, How did we come out of the world? I seem to have effectively forgotten in my old age.

St Giordano Bruno

You can never be aware that you are dead no matter how greater of figure of time you place on it, because we were not aware of one nanosecond of the 13.7 billion years of time the preceded our birth. Death may therefore be the most comfortable state one could possibly be in because we sense no boredom or pain or even darkness no matter how long it takes.

capslockf9

In reflection, the preference tends to fall towards illusory and fleeting as opposed to ultimate anything. You can keep ultimate if you wish to do so. It peed on the couch too much so I decided to let it out the door so it can have a bit of a play.

Incidentally, How did we come out of the world? I seem to have effectively forgotten in my old age.

Any set of experiences could have produced another idea. The organism could have for instance been raised in Tibet. You would not manifest in that organism but another idea - another name, another religion, another another favorite food or music, etc..

The self is not a predetermined entity.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The concept of thoughts existing after death relies on the idea that thoughts are not products of the brain, but instead exist independently.

This has not been verified, and the evidence of biology and psychology suggests otherwise.

capslockf9

If you could see in fast forward you will see everything dissolve.. A car a building a coyote a tree a human organism - everything will dissolve. And in their place you will see everything arise. In a perpetual motion everything arises out of this mix and then dissolves back into the mix.
The system does not care if components arrange to form a puppy or if all those same components are in the mix in some other use. So as you can see the dinosaurs, Wyatt Earp, great-grandma, etc are all still here.
And in this perpetual cycle a thing called self manifest. It jumps for joy and screams and dances and wars all the while proclaiming "I'm alive. I am the most important thing ever created." And then the components get redistributed.

Noaidi

slow walker
No one or no thing experiences death.

Agreed. This is why we can't conceive of death. We are so used to thinking about a state of being (awake, sleeping, happy, sad etc) that it is impossible to think of ourselves in a non-state.

St Giordano Bruno

For our own personal survival we have been genetically programmed to avoid death which is why physical injury - which can often be a precursor to death - is as unpleasant an intolerable experience as it can possibly be and also a sensory organ of smell finds the stench of decaying cadavers also highly intolerable as well as the separation anxiety from someone such as a close relative such as a parent or a child is taken from as permanently in the event of its death.

We are also to the best of our knowledge the only animal species where we know for any certainty we are aware of our own mortality and who we deal with it is one of the principle reasons why religion was invented along with a primitive ignorance of cosmology and we just made crude guesses.