• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
OK, let me see if it works...press the alt key, type 99 and release the alt key. nope.
my keyboard has definitely gone south. The number lo k doesn't work, either. Ü

AH HA!!!!! c GOT IT! The dang keyboard needed me to press the RIGHT 'alt' key, not the left one. Dang conservative keyboard. Been around me too long. ;)

put that page you gave me on my bookmark ribbon. I'm going to need it...and it gives me all the fancy characters I need for linguistic stuff.

Glad you have got it sussed.

Its a handy lookup table, i used it for french characters at first until i realised i could install multiple language support

Should see you through until you get a new keyboard. Assuming of course the alt key or anything on the number pad doesnt doesnt let you down

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Glad you have got it sussed.

Its a handy lookup table, i used it for french characters at first until i realised i could install multiple language support

Should see you through until you get a new keyboard. Assuming of course the alt key or anything on the number pad doesnt doesnt let you down
before seeking a new keyboard, might try turning it upside down and shaking it gently, using a vacuum cleaner on it, or canned air or a bulb aspirator to see if you can dislodge dust/crumbs/other bits that might be causing problems...

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I met a man who seemed to believe that I was into having sex. I am not. I think that I can manage just fine myself. But, we did have sex the first week after three dates (I was away taking care of my sister's home and pets). He found me vulnerable as my now ex-husband had just left recently and the last twelve years of our marriage were mostly celibate, so I was very easy. Now I am not!

I have to wonder about if I offer to pay, the man might think I am paying for sex.

The trouble about paying to go out after an invite is that I might say no just because I am not at that time in a good financial position to pay. I usually eat at home. I can certainly cook for someone but I might not want to invite someone to my home to eat too early in a relationship.

By the way, no date yet. But, an interesting and exciting thing happened. I gave a man my email. I gave another man my number which now, I wonder if that was dumb. Anyway, the man with only my email called me and at first, I thought it was the one with my number and I said so after the caller asked me if I knew who was calling. But, it was the man with just my email and I, of course, forgot I had not given him my number and he told me about how his sister found my number and it dawned on me that oh ya, how did you get my number. I am on the internet. Who knew? He said there was a picture too and I asked him if it was an arrest picture. He only seems to like me better knowing that I was arrested. Now, something to talk about if we go out. He did ask me where I like to go and I told him.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I met a man who seemed to believe that I was into having sex. I am not. I think that I can manage just fine myself. But, we did have sex the first week after three dates (I was away taking care of my sister's home and pets). He found me vulnerable as my now ex-husband had just left recently and the last twelve years of our marriage were mostly celibate, so I was very easy. Now I am not!

I have to wonder about if I offer to pay, the man might think I am paying for sex.

The trouble about paying to go out after an invite is that I might say no just because I am not at that time in a good financial position to pay. I usually eat at home. I can certainly cook for someone but I might not want to invite someone to my home to eat too early in a relationship.

By the way, no date yet. But, an interesting and exciting thing happened. I gave a man my email. I gave another man my number which now, I wonder if that was dumb. Anyway, the man with only my email called me and at first, I thought it was the one with my number and I said so after the caller asked me if I knew who was calling. But, it was the man with just my email and I, of course, forgot I had not given him my number and he told me about how his sister found my number and it dawned on me that oh ya, how did you get my number. I am on the internet. Who knew? He said there was a picture too and I asked him if it was an arrest picture. He only seems to like me better knowing that I was arrested. Now, something to talk about if we go out. He did ask me where I like to go and I told him.
Whoa! I am getting some serious warning signs. You did not give him your number and yet he called you? Giving out your phone number is not a bad thing to do, but when someone that you did not give it to calls that is a cause to worry.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Whoa! I am getting some serious warning signs. You did not give him your number and yet he called you? Giving out your phone number is not a bad thing to do, but when someone that you did not give it to calls that is a cause to worry.
There is a web site called "people finder". I have been tempted at times to use it myself. He had my name and the town in which I live in. Are you too young to know about The Phone Book?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh, by the way, the man actually called me about business and then, got up the nerve to make it personal. He is smart, witty, funny, and physically attractive but he is older than me and he has mesothelioma which means to me that he has not much time for life. His and my business is selling stuff. He called to say he knows someone who wants to sell what I buy,

The other man runs his own digger.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is a web site called "people finder". I have been tempted at times to use it myself. He had my name and the town in which I live in. Are you too young to know about The Phone Book?
I know about those resources. But I also know that one should respect the privacy of others. When one does not it is a bit worrisome.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know about those resources. But I also know that one should respect the privacy of others. When one does not it is a bit worrisome.
It sure is a hell of a whole lot better to get a call from a handsome suiter than it is to get umpteen auto calls a day for stuff that I don't want like burial insurance, help with a false charge, help with a computer clitch, supplementary Medicare insurance and I am not yet old enough...

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My friend gets messages for help with her broke computer, but she doesn't have one!

I forgot about the SS warning. It seems that in Texas someone is using my number and OMG! my number might be canceled if I don't call back.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It sure is a hell of a whole lot better to get a call from a handsome suiter than it is to get umpteen auto calls a day for stuff that I don't want like burial insurance, help with a false charge, help with a computer clitch, supplementary Medicare insurance and I am not yet old enough...
I can't argue against that.

Go get 'em!

Have fun dating. Remember, when it comes to sex "No" is always a valid option. But if you decide to 'do the deed' there is no shame in that either.

ChristineM

Premium Member
before seeking a new keyboard, might try turning it upside down and shaking it gently, using a vacuum cleaner on it, or canned air or a bulb aspirator to see if you can dislodge dust/crumbs/other bits that might be causing problems...

Cleaning is something i never had much luck with other than spreading dust etc to other keys. The only success i have seen was a techie dismantling the keyboard and using switch cleaner on each key.

Fine of you have a handy technician sitting on a shelf somewhere, otherwise cheaper to buy a £6.99 keyboard every year or so.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Used to be a reporter--you'd be surprised what I could find out in public records. That was before the internet.

Now, there are a number of companies that for free narrow down the field for who you're looking for, and for a fairly small price can in minutes access records it would have taken me weeks to dig up. I've used several over the years. There's still a great deal you can glean about people just accessing online public records...arrests, convictions, lawsuits...

ChristineM

Premium Member

Can i suggest a separate email for prospective dates rather than your normal one. A site like mail.com or google will set one up for you, for free in moments.
Only problem, with some free accounts you need to log in to the site to check and send mails. But hardly an imposition if it keeps your usual account free for family and friends.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A date! I have decided to offer to pay my own way. Wish me luck. Thank you all for helping me. :)

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I am a woman and if a man asks me out on a date I think that he should pay for it.

My opinion about paying is if I ask anyone to go somewhere I think I should pay their way.

If I agree to an invite might it be ok if I just let him pay every time that I am asked on a date? In your opinion.

Of course, if we want more than one date and I finally ask him out I think I might say, "this will be my treat".

What do you think?

I get that,who invites who but it's normal here to split the bill on a first or subsequent dates.