• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating

Bird123

I am a woman and if a man asks me out on a date I think that he should pay for it.

My opinion about paying is if I ask anyone to go somewhere I think I should pay their way.

If I agree to an invite might it be ok if I just let him pay every time that I am asked on a date? In your opinion.

Of course, if we want more than one date and I finally ask him out I think I might say, "this will be my treat".

What do you think?

An invitation should never require payment. On the other hand, if a woman made me the invitation, I would offer to pay for everything when the time came.

True Love has nothing to do with money. If there is an expectation of sex simply because he paid, clearly that is not True Love. True Love is a Spiritual Connection.

Some might go for fun and games, however it will never compare to the Spiritual Connection that comes with True Love.

One must be very patient. Sometimes True Love will not arrive until later in life. True Love tends to show up when you least expect it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good plan.
Of course, I offered to pay and he said that if I would not be offended, then he would like to pay "the old fashioned way" and I let him out of respect, but I will pay next time and I will leave the customary twenty percent. He left five on fifty and so I put down another five saying, "I'm not embarrassed" and he said, "I am" and I said, "I was going to offer the tip anyway". And, there is a tentative plan for another meal which I will pay for or make. We talked about being strangers and trust and I said, "I think I'll be safe with you if there might be trouble as I will just beat you up" (as he is nineteen years older than I am.) He looked younger when we first met. Anyway, he is charming and smart. I think his brain even works better than mine does. He is not rich but, neither am I. So, anyway...It was fun and then you guys are just making it funner.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Of course, I offered to pay and he said that if I would not be offended, then he would like to pay "the old fashioned way" and I let him out of respect, but I will pay next time and I will leave the customary twenty percent. He left five on fifty and so I put down another five saying, "I'm not embarrassed" and he said, "I am" and I said, "I was going to offer the tip anyway". And, there is a tentative plan for another meal which I will pay for or make. We talked about being strangers and trust and I said, "I think I'll be safe with you if there might be trouble as I will just beat you up" (as he is nineteen years older than I am.) He looked younger when we first met. Anyway, he is charming and smart. I think his brain even works better than mine does. He is not rich but, neither am I. So, anyway...It was fun and then you guys are just making it funner.

It's good it was fun,maybe your next date will be even better,I don't mind paying,being a gentleman with the ladies is how I was raised,I'll offer to pay but not offended if the want to split the bill.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Given that they can check off the 'african american' box themselves? Nah. that's not it.

lol you can be black and not like your own, have seen it before. Again you avoid the question. I’ve dated females for a long time even the ones that proclaim to not like a specific type, my type. They have never seen me before nor know my personality so it’s impossible for for you to name that declaration.

dianaiad

lol you can be black and not like your own, have seen it before. Again you avoid the question. I’ve dated females for a long time even the ones that proclaim to not like a specific type, my type. They have never seen me before nor know my personality so it’s impossible for for you to name that declaration.

How am I avoiding the question? I'm a mom. Judging from your posts, I don't think my daughters would date you...because you are arrogant.

I wouldn't want them to date you.

Because you are arrogant.

I judge you to be arrogant because of your statement about women throwing themselves at you.

Now, If you are a rock star or something, I can understand why you would think this is true. Perhaps it is true. However, my daughters are both very talented themselves and don't need to attach themselves to fame in order to make themselves feel special.

..........and if you aren't famous, and only think you are special, well.....er.....

A little modesty would go a long way with your approach to women.

As to your 'race,' (black, white, hispanic, asian, little green man....) how interesting that you have 'gone there,' and assumed that it is THEY who are prejudiced. BTW, I had no idea that you are African American, or if I did I didn't give a hoot.

I don't, y'know.

I mean, really. Look who I married....and as it turns out, HE wasn't arrogant, and he wouldn't have allowed his daughters anywhere near you, either.

I like debating you...sometimes agreeing with you, sometimes not.

But dating? Nope. My girls need a good Mormon lad with a Temple recommend. You ain't that, are you? (thinking) Nope. You can't be that. You have sex with too many women.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I'm a mom. Judging from your posts, I don't think my daughters would date you...because you are arrogant.

I don’t act like what I post in the real world. I don’t take online discussion forums serious, just certain people.

I judge you to be arrogant because of your statement about women throwing themselves at you.

Truth be told I’m a nice guy. I treat women with respect. I sound arrogant here because I’m being blunt. Women like men who are kind and respectful. I have broken down many walls women proclaim to have because I am being myself. It just sounds arrogant to you because of the way I worded it.

But dating? Nope. My girls need a good Mormon lad with a Temple recommend.

I can respect the spiritual foundation. I would never get in between someone and their deity regardless whether I believe in it or not.

Nope. You can't be that. You have sex with too many women.

Guilty as charge. This is the consequence of being a single man. As a mother I totally respect anything you said here. I understand from the surface it looks like I’m arrogant but I’m really not. I guess I’m just blunt and honest online because I just like “keeping it real.”

Trust you wouldn’t know who I was even if you saw me in real life. I can guarantee that you’d be shocked to know the real me from the me here. I’m actually a decent human being once you get to know me.

dianaiad

I don’t act like what I post in the real world. I don’t take online discussion forums serious, just certain people.

Truth be told I’m a nice guy. I treat women with respect. I sound arrogant here because I’m being blunt. Women like men who are kind and respectful. I have broken down many walls women proclaim to have because I am being myself. It just sounds arrogant to you because of the way I worded it.

I can respect the spiritual foundation. I would never get in between someone and their deity regardless whether I believe in it or not.

Guilty as charge. This is the consequence of being a single man. As a mother I totally respect anything you said here. I understand from the surface it looks like I’m arrogant but I’m really not. I guess I’m just blunt and honest online because I just like “keeping it real.”

Trust you wouldn’t know who I was even if you saw me in real life. I can guarantee that you’d be shocked to know the real me from the me here. I’m actually a decent human being once you get to know me.

(grin) OK.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dating Mr. E. is going well but he is nineteen years my senior and that doesn't feel right.

I did not know that when I gave him my number and when I accepted a date with him.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
personally, I wouldn't dwell on numbers: young at heart beats young, I'm thinking...If you've got common interests and get along, I'd see where it goes...

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
personally, I wouldn't dwell on numbers: young at heart beats young, I'm thinking...If you've got common interests and get along, I'd see where it goes...
Thank you. I am discovering that single older men are interested in physical intimacy. I was married to a man for thirty years who seemed not to be interested in it and I got along OK so I know that if sex is what they are after then no matter how I might like his all dressed company and a few shared interests, I don't want to go along with it just to be sexually pleasing to him. I think that I will feel used; unhappiness will follow and I am not so pretty when I am not smiling. People say I am pretty but it is hard to believe it because I am not usually smiling when I see myself. So I worry about having sex and then he drops me like a heavy weight. I do not want to be a heavy weight. By myself, I am light and happy with myself. I am not worried about which man I want to hook up with. I am worried about hooking up or being alone. In other words, I think that I might be happier without sex. A male companion might be nice but I fear to get naked with him. Do I want to give myself away? I think not!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Thank you. I am discovering that single older men are interested in physical intimacy. I was married to a man for thirty years who seemed not to be interested in it and I got along OK so I know that if sex is what they are after then no matter how I might like his all dressed company and a few shared interests, I don't want to go along with it just to be sexually pleasing to him. I think that I will feel used; unhappiness will follow and I am not so pretty when I am not smiling. People say I am pretty but it is hard to believe it because I am not usually smiling when I see myself. So I worry about having sex and then he drops me like a heavy weight. I do not want to be a heavy weight. By myself, I am light and happy with myself. I am not worried about which man I want to hook up with. I am worried about hooking up or being alone. In other words, I think that I might be happier without sex. A male companion might be nice but I fear to get naked with him. Do I want to give myself away? I think not!
If you're not comfortable with it, be upfront about it...and don't have sex unless it's what you want, too...

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you're not comfortable with it, be upfront about it...and don't have sex unless it's what you want, too...
I have been upfront about it already, but we have kissed and now I think that was a mistake. Someone might please help me to know how I might want to have sex with a man who is old enough to be my father.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
well, if that's how you're seeing it, then that's how you're seeing it, and you should probably listen to yourself.

But also ask yourself, if you didn't know he was that much older, would you think he was to old?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I worry that it is about vanity.

When I was married I did not wear a wedding band and nobody showed any interest in me even when I went about by myself. Then, I got rid of the stress and lost twenty pounds and now, men have become interested in me. I know of at least one senior woman who wants to enjoy sex again but nobody has shown interest in her for that and why? She is not beautiful. Now, for my age, I think that I am. Men are looking at me. But, nobody younger than me or my own age has shown interest. Just some old guys. I am flattered but, I shall get philosophical about it in that younger men might see me as an older woman because I do not dye my hair and I won't. (It has been grey for far too long.) And so they are picking due to looks and I shouldn't?
So, men like me because I look good. Looking good men do not like me because...?

I think it isn't right that I should ignore what a man looks like but he likes me because I look good. [But, I know it is also because I am awesome]. LOL

Earthtank

I am a woman and if a man asks me out on a date I think that he should pay for it.

My opinion about paying is if I ask anyone to go somewhere I think I should pay their way.

If I agree to an invite might it be ok if I just let him pay every time that I am asked on a date? In your opinion.

Of course, if we want more than one date and I finally ask him out I think I might say, "this will be my treat".

What do you think?

Call me old fashion but, yes, i think a man should being paying for the date. Assuming all the circumstances would be considered normal then he should pay. Of course the girl can offer to pay half or the whole thing but, in general, the man should pay.