• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark music?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can relate. I used to listen to him a lot. Mindstrip was my favorite album of his.
I still listen to him a lot, but not necessarily the "full-on nihilist" songs. Raise Your God is an awesome song, as is Jesus Wept, but Jesus Wept is tragic. I love God is in the Rain, but my mood has got to be pretty much completely bottomed out for me to get sucked into an entire album.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
old school.....

Aqualung....by Jethro Tull

no vid

use your imagination

the album was a concept work
side one....your fellowman
side two....God

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I still listen to him a lot, but not necessarily the "full-on nihilist" songs. Raise Your God is an awesome song, as is Jesus Wept, but Jesus Wept is tragic. I love God is in the Rain, but my mood has got to be pretty much completely bottomed out for me to get sucked into an entire album.
I loved those songs, too. I mostly listened to him in my teens, when I had a lot more violent thoughts. Now I just listen to goth and black metal and cry in my room. Lol

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've started listening to Scum and Smallz One to satisfy my violent thoughts, lol. Castrations, mutilations, torture, slaughter, mask with the zippers.:D
Lol. Reminds me of horrorcore, which is basically the hip-hop lyrical equivalent of death metal in terms of gore, violence and occultism.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Lol. Reminds me of horrorcore, which is basically the hip-hop lyrical equivalent of death metal in terms of gore, violence and occultism.
That's the genre Scum and Smallz One are (they're even label mates). Smallz is very extremely angry and she raps a lot about basically rage killing everyone. Scum is very extremely violent and has a serial killer gimmick "Mr. Zipperface." He did a song with Smallz and Razakel called "Final Judgement." Lyrically, it's a serial killer's last thoughts as the voices in his head argue over vengeance, punishment, and justice, mental stability, and accountability. It's a very good song if you can appreciate those nuances and view serial killers as someone who is still a human being.