• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Treasure Hunter

I never said it was, I was just pointing out what people who believe the bible say about it.

So is it your view the devil does not believe God knows everything and only tells the truth?
There is the character of God within the story and the God who transcends, creates, and writes the story.

Just like in Job’s story, the God character in the story does not know all.

Kfox

There is the character of God within the story and the God who transcends, creates, and writes the story.

Just like in Job’s story, the God character in the story does not know all.
So you believe the Bible speaks of more than 1 God? Who is this God in the story, and how is he different than the one mentioned at the beginning of Genesis?

Treasure Hunter

So you believe the Bible speaks of more than 1 God? Who is this God in the story, and how is he different than the one mentioned at the beginning of Genesis?
Yes, God is multiple in the Bible, divided among many characters, as well as the author. God is one. God is many. God is one again. This is how the story goes.

Kfox

Yes, God is multiple in the Bible, divided among many characters, as well as the author. God is one. God is many. God is one again. This is how the story goes.
Fair enough; if there is one thing I’ve noticed; Christians will often disagree when it comes to the details of their religion. My question was not directed to people like you, but those who believe God to be one.

Treasure Hunter

Fair enough; if there is one thing I’ve noticed; Christians will often disagree when it comes to the details of their religion. My question was not directed to people like you, but those who believe God to be one.
Many believers will say (1) God’s will has yet to be actualized and (2) God is one. These two contradict each other. If God was not divided against himself, then his will would be actualized instantaneously.

Satan is simply the name for one version of God opposing another version. If “Satan” is a higher version of God, then the “God” opposing “Satan” is the actual Satan.

Bthoth

*banned*
What was the First Cause then?
good question. Using scientific causality as the premise.

I prefer the honest approach: I live here in between the beginning/ending and cannot witness otherwise. I prefer maintaining personal responsibility (the commandments, before belief).

So to keep that equal footing, do you know how light exists upon mass as a living process of all of the living? Light, is the perfect cross of nature, overcomes darkness, the light of god............... Do you know how each of us are alive as 'light' upon mass? And then conscious of ourselves even existing, can you explain?

Kfox

Many believers will say (1) God’s will has yet to be actualized and (2) God is one. These two contradict each other. If God was not divided against himself, then his will would be actualized instantaneously.

Satan is simply the name for one version of God opposing another version. If “Satan” is a higher version of God, then the “God” opposing “Satan” is the actual Satan.
You have a very interesting perspective; thanks for sharing.

nick.f

When he created humans he put them in paradise. But he didn't create robots. He gave them free will. It is like someone gives you 100 billion dollars and says you are free to use them as you like but there is a condition. There is one certain cent among them, he tells you which one, you can't even touch, the rest are all yours. The first thing those humans did was touch that cent.

There are not fires like people imagine in hell. There is something else that burns people. The condemnation wouldn't be eternal but the Bible says there is not repenting in hell. Imagine someone takes people here who don't believe and forces them to attend service in a church for a few hours. How will they feel until they leave the church? In the next life it wil be much much much worse and they will never leave that "church". That is why that "condemnation" will be eternal. They will not be able to leave that "place" and at the same time they will be unable to change their attitude, their inner self. Light like from the sun in this life has two attributes, it burns and it emits light. Christianity says God loves everyone the same no matter how good or a sinner they are, but after death according to his attitude in this life he will receive this love as a form of divine light. The good people will receive that as gentle light that will comfort them, the sinners will receive only the burning attribute. Thus the darkness in hell.

For the bad things happening in the world why do you blame God? It is not his fault people are hungry, he doesn't stop people with lots of food and money to feed others. As for the natural disasters we souldn't have touched that sent/eaten that fruit and we would be in paradise.

Matthew 5:25

“Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison.

The adversary is your conscience. It is not God who condemns people eternaly but when you don't listen to your conscience in this life...

Kfox

When he created humans he put them in paradise. But he didn't create robots. He gave them free will. I
Why would he give us free will knowing what would result via free will? Why didn't he just make us all robots?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
How can you be bored outside of space and time?
One is more likely to get bored outside space and time, and it is so with God too, just like a body in a grave.
What evidence is there that anyone is eternally damned?
Well, he makes some people hard of heart and blind in eyes, willfully - so I have heard (can't remember the exact sentence).
What was the First Cause then?
Many possibilities. Boredom, ego, sadism, trying above capabilities (like some inefficient engineer), etc.

Last edited:

HighSpinMfkzt

Merkabah Rider
One is more likely to get bored outside space and time, and it is so with God too, just like a body in a grave.

Well, he makes some people hard of heart and blind in eyes, willfully - so I have heard (can't remember the exact sentence).

Many possibilities. Boredom, ego, sadism, trying above capabilities (like some inefficient engineer), etc.

I wonder if we are able to create souls? I think they call it Traducianism.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I wonder if we are able to create souls? I think they call it Traducianism.
Soul has already been created by human imagination like in case of God, Satan, sons, prophets, messengers, manifestations, mahdis, djinns, angels, fairies, unicorns, etc. Human imagination is very fertile. 80 billion neurons at work.

InChrist

Free4ever
If someone who is bound for an eternal damnation is fully known by God before they are created, why did God create them in the first place?
First, I think the word or concept of damnation must be clarified. When the biblical scriptures refer to eternal damnation it means a separation from God the Creator; the only Source of love, light, peace, joy, beauty, and everything we consider good.
Secondly, I think God created the human race as a whole, not separate individuals one at a time. So although God knew there would be those who reject His offer of eternal love, many millions and millions would accept and live with Him in a glorious eternity. Those millions would be sons, daughters, cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters to those who also had the opposite, but chose to reject. For God not to create those who refuse to be with Him and end up separated in eternal damnation, would mean then no creation of those who choose eternal life and love. Because, as I said the human race is one, everyone connected one to another.

HighSpinMfkzt

Merkabah Rider
Soul has already been created by human imagination like in case of God, Satan, sons, prophets, messengers, manifestations, mahdis, djinns, angels, fairies, unicorns, etc. Human imagination is very fertile. 80 billion neurons at work.
Yet those neurons can't remember where they left their wallet or keys sometimes...hmm.

HighSpinMfkzt

Merkabah Rider
First, I think the word or concept of damnation must be clarified. When the biblical scriptures refer to eternal damnation it means a separation from God the Creator; the only Source of love, light, peace, joy, beauty, and everything we consider good.
Secondly, I think God created the human race as a whole, not separate individuals one at a time. So although God knew there would be those who reject His offer of eternal love, many millions and millions would accept and live with Him in a glorious eternity. Those millions would be sons, daughters, cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters to those who also had the opposite, but chose to reject. For God not to create those who refuse to be with Him and end up separated in eternal damnation, would mean then no creation of those who choose eternal life and love. Because, as I said the human race is one, everyone connected one to another.
So every soul is created at once? Interesting. There are theories that all souls were created in adam and passed down to each individual flesh. Is the soul in the sperm cell then or the female egg? Or is it created at conception? Then we are back where we started. : (

InChrist

Free4ever
So every soul is created at once? Interesting. There are theories that all souls were created in adam and passed down to each individual flesh. Is the soul in the sperm cell then or the female egg? Or is it created at conception? Then we are back where we started. : (
No, I didn’t say every soul was created at once. I simply said God created one human race, so all human beings are interconnected.